My Alternate Theory

Anyhoo

Former Member
Reaction score
Here is my alternate theory concerning the JBR murder. I supply it because I am unsatisfied with all of the conventional theories which I have read on this forum and others.

I first want to say that this theory may not be shared by many if any people on this forum, but it is a theory and as a theory it is worthy of being explored.

The elements of my theory are these:

1. JR and PR did not murder their daughter but they know who did.
2. BR did not murder his sister.
3. A non-R murdered JB.
4. JR and PR are covering up for the murderer of their daughter for a reason.
5. No secret intruder snuck into or broke into the R house to murder JB.

This is the foundation of my theory. How does it fit what we know of the facts of the case?

Here is my alternate theory concerning the JBR murder. I supply it because I am unsatisfied with all of the conventional theories which I have read on this forum and others.

I first want to say that this theory may not be shared by many if any people on this forum, but it is a theory and as a theory it is worthy of being explored.

The elements of my theory are these:

1. JR and PR did not murder their daughter but they know who did.
2. BR did not murder his sister.
3. A non-R murdered JB.
5. No secret intruder snuck into or broke into the R house to murder JB.

This is the foundation of my theory. How does it fit what we know of the facts of the case?

Anyhoo, since it's your theory, wouldn't it be better if you told us how your theory fits the facts?

3. A non-R murdered JB.
What do you think was the reason for them to cover up for a non-Ramsey?

What do you think was the reason for them to cover up for a non-Ramsey?

That is the key question, isn't it? I do not know specifically but I can surmise a few things about this:

1. The R's, although not guilty of directly murdering their daughter, are not innocent because they purposely placed their daughter in an unsafe situation with one or more people who they knew. I think this relates to the evidence of prolonged sexual abuse on JB.

2. The one or more other people I am discussing are somehow very important to the R's. The R's do not want it to be known either that this person/persons were sexually abusing JB or that they were allowing it to happen.

3. The R's did not expect their daughter to die that night, however she did. It was completely unexpected. For some reason things did not go the same way as they had during previous "abuse sessions" and this time JB ended up dead or dying.

4. Now JR and PR are left in a position where they must cover up what has happened to JB to conceal both the involvement of this other person/persons and also themselves.

In this theory, BR did not murder his sister but also he is not completely ignorant of what has happened. He knows at least something about what has happened to his sister but he knows to keep it a secret. He's been keeping secrets for a long time, so he knows how to keep this one also.

Glad you posted your theory, Anyhoo! It's very close to my theory of what happened. It explains some things well, in my opinion.
1) Why the Ramseys would cover for each other. Because they were both guilty, albeit not of murder.
2) Why the Secret Santa visit was planned, as I believe it was, for that particular night. So that JonBenet would not be discussing it with anyone anytime soon. And then they could convince her that it never really happened.

In my theory, Patsy was not on board with the idea. John had to convince her that it had to be that way, there was no other solution. Another reason for planning a trip right after the visit - so Patsy would have to be quiet, not torment John about what they had allowed.
3) Why Patsy had taken JonBenet to see her physician so frequently. Because she hoped the doctor would notice something. Then Patsy could have good grounds for refusing any future visits from the perp.

I think John was possibly being blackmailed. Maybe someone had pictures of John with another woman, or with a child. In this case, John most likely did not tell Patsy the real reason for the necessity (from his viewpoint) of allowing the visitor access to their daughter. Or, the reason could have revolved around something to do with finances, business deals, things of that nature.

JMO

Glad you posted your theory, Anyhoo! It's very close to my theory of what happened. It explains some things well, in my opinion.
1) Why the Ramseys would cover for each other. Because they were both guilty, albeit not of murder.
2) Why the Secret Santa visit was planned, as I believe it was, for that particular night. So that JonBenet would not be discussing it with anyone anytime soon. And then they could convince her that it never really happened.

In my theory, Patsy was not on board with the idea. John had to convince her that it had to be that way, there was no other solution. Another reason for planning a trip right after the visit - so Patsy would have to be quiet, not torment John about what they had allowed.
3) Why Patsy had taken JonBenet to see her physician so frequently. Because she hoped the doctor would notice something. Then Patsy could have good grounds for refusing any future visits from the perp.

I think John was possibly being blackmailed. Maybe someone had pictures of John with another woman, or with a child. In this case, John most likely did not tell Patsy the real reason for the necessity (from his viewpoint) of allowing the visitor access to their daughter. Or, the reason could have revolved around something to do with finances, business deals, things of that nature.

JMO

If we know for a fact that JB said what she is quoted to have said (that she was going to get a secret visit from Santa Claus after Christmas) then this could have well been part of it. JR and PR could have been well aware of this secret visit also.

Was the trip planned spontaneously or had it been planned for quite some time before 12-25? My understanding is that it was the latter.

I have suspicions of what was really going on behind the scenes but I am not going to state them here for now. It is enough that I put my theory out there for discussion to see how it fits with the known evidence.

It is enough that I put my theory out there for discussion to see how it fits with the known evidence.
The known fiber contradicts your theory in that it points to Patsy Ramsey as the person who inflicted the acute genital wound, fashioned the garrote, tied the neck knot and put the duct tape over JonBenet's mouth. For it was fibers from her jacket which had been found in all the above mentioned locations directly associated with the sexual assault/strangulation scene.

The known fiber contradicts your theory in that it points to Patsy Ramsey as the person who inflicted the acute genital wound, fashioned the garrote, tied the neck knot and put the duct tape over JonBenet's mouth. For it was fibers from her jacket which had been found in all the above mentioned locations directly associated with the sexual assault/strangulation scene.

If all that you said is true then it would seem a pretty clear indication of PR's guilt in at least being involved in her daughter's murder, and yet LE never made the connections which you seem to make. Why not? If it was as clear as you indicate, PR would be more than just a suspect. She would have been arrested. Yet she was not, which makes me think that what you said is not all proven fact.

Anyhoo,

I mean no disrespect, but I think you need to backtrack and consult or re-consult what's been written about the case, namely the books by Steve Thomas and James Kolar.

Lots of good information on ACandyRose.com and the JonBenet Encyclopedia site, too.

If all that you said is true then it would seem a pretty clear indication of PR's guilt in at least being involved in her daughter's murder, and yet LE never made the connections which you seem to make. Why not? If it was as clear as you indicate, PR would be more than just a suspect. She would have been arrested. Yet she was not, which makes me think that what you said is not all proven fact.
If Boulder had had a DA with more courage than spineless Alex Hunter, the Ramseys ulnot have gotten away with it.

The Boulder police did make the connection of Patsy Ramseys' involvement. They thought of the bizarre-looking 'garrote handle' as part of a staged scene by the mother to cover up that JonBenet had been the victim of a domestic homicide (a rage attack which led to the fatal head injury).

It's difficult to argue that the Ramseys were not involved in the cover up of what happened to JB. Fibers, ransom note, etc. Is this what you're arguing, Anyhoo? That the Ramsey's only involvement in the cover up was in not telling what they knew?

You say that the Ramseys did cover for the killer and it seems to me, from what you've posted so far, that your theory leaves plenty of room for lots, if not all, cover up by the Ramseys. Just wondering what part(s) of the cover up you believe the R's might be responsible for. If you care to share that part of your theory at this time.

JMO

It's difficult to argue that the Ramseys were not involved in the cover up of what happened to JB. Fibers, ransom note, etc. Is this what you're arguing, Anyhoo? That the Ramsey's only involvement in the cover up was in not telling what they knew?

You say that the Ramseys did cover for the killer and it seems to me, from what you've posted so far, that your theory leaves plenty of room for lots, if not all, cover up by the Ramseys. Just wondering what part(s) of the cover up you believe the R's might be responsible for. If you care to share that part of your theory at this time.

JMO

I am not saying that the R's were not involved in the cover up. On the contrary, my theory says that they are both very much involved in the cover up, not just in not telling what they knew but also actively partipating in staging, etc. to throw LE off the right track.

For example, the ransom note could have very well been created by the R's, as well as the broken window in the basement, the suitcase under the window, the golf club and baseball bat outside.

Yes, I am saying the R's actively assisted in the cover up because if LE discovers the truth it will be revealed that the R's are neck-deep in it and they do not want to be exposed for what they are. Their daughter is dead and nothing will bring her back. Now it is in their best interest to cover up what really happened that they don't want anyone to know because that thing is BIG and it will bring down not just them but others also.

Thanks, that's what I thought your answer would be. Just wanted to make this clear for a previous poster who perhaps didn't understand what you meant, in your opening post, about the Ramsey's doing the cover up.

From what you've written in a recent post, Anyhoo, it seems clear who you think was involved in the actual killing of JB. That's not my theory, but we do agree on some things: the Ramsey's didn't kill their daughter, they know what happened, they did the staging and cover up, they did this to protect themselves, they're guilty of allowing this crime to happen.

JMO

Thanks, that's what I thought your answer would be. Just wanted to make this clear for a previous poster who perhaps didn't understand what you meant, in your opening post, about the Ramsey's doing the cover up.

From what you've written in a recent post, Anyhoo, it seems clear who you think was involved in the actual killing of JB. That's not my theory, but we do agree on some things: the Ramsey's didn't kill their daughter, they know what happened, they did the staging and cover up, they did this to protect themselves, they're guilty of allowing this crime to happen.

JMO

Yes. All that you say in the last paragraph is correct. I suspect what was going on behind the scenes but I do not want to bring that into my theory at this time. It is enough just to say what has been said, which is significantly different from RDI and IDI.

I suspect what was going on behind the scenes but I do not want to bring that into my theory at this time. It is enough just to say what has been said, which is significantly different from RDI and IDI.
One could call yours a 'RADI' (= Ramsey Acquaintance Did It) theory.

Just wondering what part(s) of the cover up you believe the R's might be responsible for.
Anyhoo, could you present a time line of events in your alternate theory?

One could call yours a 'RADI' (= Ramsey Acquaintance Did It) theory.

Anyhoo, could you present a time line of events in your alternate theory?

Can you be more specific in which events you are referring to?

Everyone (or at least most) has assumed that everything signficant happened after the R's returned to their house on the night of 12-25, but in my theory what happened before that, especially right before that, is very significant. What led up to JB's murder is at least as important as the actual murder, and this is what we have basically no information about because I believe it has been so well hidden. To learn about that would be the key to unravelling the entire mystery of who killed JB and why and the circumstances surrounding it. The R's want everyone to believe that nothing of significance happened. They spent most of the day at a Christmas Party at the Whites and then they drove home and dropped off presents on the way back. JB fell asleep in the car. JR carried her upstairs and she went to sleep and stayed asleep. The whole thing sounds so normal and believable and we want to believe it is true. We already have indications that JB was not asleep when they got back to the house but there is also indications that she was not asleep on the way back to their house. I believe we have been given a very convenient cover story of the events that happened before. Look at what happened before to begin to understand what happened afterwards.

One other thing I want to add that I have been meaning to say for some time is this: As I see it, the mistake being made by many in trying to solve this murder is to think about it in conventional terms and try to solve it under that framework. But it is obvious, at least to me, that this is anything but a conventional murder. The R's are not a conventional family, although they appear to be on the surface. To solve this murder, you have to think about it in a non-conventional way.

Yes. All that you say in the last paragraph is correct. I suspect what was going on behind the scenes but I do not want to bring that into my theory at this time. It is enough just to say what has been said, which is significantly different from RDI and IDI.

Though your comments are bit cryptic, I assume your theory consists of the Rs allowing someone, or at least being aware that someone else, outside the immediate family was abusing JB. While I could see extended family being protected, I simply cannot imagine they would cover up for a friend- assuming the friend did not have something horrible on them. Unless they were also involved in something illegal, ungodly or both, I cannot see them allowing JB to be abused, with their consent. Why would they? What would be the inducement? What was in it for them? Was she not beautiful/talented enough to win fame on her own?
Why allow it THAT night of all nights, with an early morning flight and two back-to-back vacations scheduled? I just can't wrap my brain around that scenario.
I do believe pedophile rings exit- when they are exposed in the news is is always shocking to see people from EVERY socioeconomic group. This sickness crosses all lines- racial, religious, wealth, status. But I do not think that came into play here. Even in a small town, these things tend to be discovered or at least known about and when someone who knows gets angry, insulted or threatened enough- they talk. Especially someone with first-hand knowledge.

Though your comments are bit cryptic, I assume your theory consists of the Rs allowing someone, or at least being aware that someone else, outside the immediate family was abusing JB. While I could see extended family being protected, I simply cannot imagine they would cover up for a friend- assuming the friend did not have something horrible on them. Unless they were also involved in something illegal, ungodly or both, I cannot see them allowing JB to be abused, with their consent. Why would they? What would be the inducement? What was in it for them? Was she not beautiful/talented enough to win fame on her own?
Why allow it THAT night of all nights, with an early morning flight and two back-to-back vacations scheduled? I just can't wrap my brain around that scenario.
I do believe pedophile rings exit- when they are exposed in the news is is always shocking to see people from EVERY socioeconomic group. This sickness crosses all lines- racial, religious, wealth, status. But I do not think that came into play here. Even in a small town, these things tend to be discovered or at least known about and when someone who knows gets angry, insulted or threatened enough- they talk. Especially someone with first-hand knowledge.

You are correct that my theory states that the R's allowed or at least were aware that someone outside of the immediate family was abusing JB. I see you are thinking in conventional terms, but as I said in my last post, I believe this is not a conventional murder and so to solve it we must be willing to think in non-conventional terms. "Friend" is a conventional term and does not fit here. In my theory, the R's were involved in something, just as the person (or persons) who killed JB were involved in that same thing. Let's just call it a group for now.

I don't want to go too far at this time into details about this group, but let's just start there for now. The R's are involved with this group along with other non-R's. This group is large. A non-R, also involved in this group, killed JB.

The R's are involved with this group along with other non-R's. This group is large. A non-R, also involved in this group, killed JB.
And the non-R delivered the lethal head blow to JonBenet in the Ramsey home, not long after the family had returned from the Whites' party?

And the non-R delivered the lethal head blow to JonBenet in the Ramsey home, not long after the family had returned from the Whites' party?

In my theory, I don't want to make the assumption that the lethal head blow came after the R's returned from the Whites party. I don't want to make any assumptions about what happened before and I sure don't want to accept the R's word about what happened before.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back