919 users online (166 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Modern Family's Ariel Winter, 14, 'removed from home amid allegations of abuse'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ons-abuse.html

Her mother was ordered to stay 100 yards away from Ariel during a court hearing on October 3.

It comes amid claims in the National Enquirer that is seeking legal emancipation from her mom so she can be with her boyfriend, but sources tell Mail Online that report is incorrect.

She is going to be living with her sister, who is 20+ years older than her. I wonder what would've happened if she didn't have someone to live with. Putting a child who has made a lot of money, and is still bringing it in, into foster care does not seem like a good idea. Maybe she could've gotten emancipated, but 14 seems way too young for that. I hope everything works out.

That's sad. I think just letting them work so young is child abuse, but that's just me.

Sounds like an out-of-control stage mother... TMZ was talking yesterday on their live show about how the older sister was taken away from the mother, many years ago, for the same exact thing that this child is now going through.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Not trying to be snarky, but after looking at the photo I have come to the conclusion that genetics are a weird, weird thing.

a little new info the boppttom part of the article is just the same stuff.. but it appears Ariel's brother is siding with the mom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-custody.html

She's 14! Why is this in the news and on TV, e.g., JVM?

This should be a sealed matter to protect this minor! Outrageous! This is vile exploitation. Her privacy needs to be protected.

Where's the FUMING icon?!?

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    a little new info the boppttom part of the article is just the same stuff.. but it appears Ariel's brother is siding with the mom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-custody.html
    Her brother is 32. I doubt they were raised together. It's not uncommon for parents to only abuse some children, or for abused children to deny it happen. I think it's messed up for the brother to try to make it seem like Ariel is lying in the international media.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    She's 14! Why is this in the news and on TV, e.g., JVM?

This should be a sealed matter to protect this minor! Outrageous! This is vile exploitation. Her privacy needs to be protected.

Where's the FUMING icon?!?
    The decision was made in early October, so the whole thing was kept out of the media for a while. I'm not sure why it's coming out now.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I find this really sad. Not only is Ariel apparently a victim of an abusive mother, now it's being plastered all over TV/internet for all the world to see. I know she's an actress by choice and therefore subject to privacy invasion but it's still upsetting to me. She's only 14. I worry about the negative effects this is going to have on her.

At least she has a sister who stepped up and is hopefully taking good care of her.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Oh heavens... the mother is getting ugly publicly...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-old-man.html

No reason to splash her daughters sex life in the media

The mother of Modern Family star Ariel Winter has denied physically abusing her daughter and claims the 14-year-old is lying because her mother would not let her engage in a sexual act with an 18-year-old man.

Chrystal Workman claims that she caught Ariel in bed 'engaging in behaviour' that she feels was inappropriate for her young age and as her mother, she just wants to protect her.

While Chrystal has not identified the identity of Ariel's 18-year-old boyfriend, she has filed a report with the LA County Sheriff's Department that could open an investigation of statutory rape.

According to TMZ, Chrystal did not file the report until two weeks after the alleged incident had happened, and that was five days after she lost custody of her daughter.

BBM

Mom needs to stop. Children are not removed from the home without a very good reason. She doesn't need to be shaming her daughter in the press and revealing those types of intimate details.

And of course the paps are following her now, which they barely did before...

WOW the entire front page of TMZ is almost all about Ariel

The fight that Ariel Winter's mother is waging with her two daughters has gotten so bitter, the older one is now being falsely accused of making a money grab on her younger sister.

The mother, Chrystal Workman, along with Chrystal's reps ... are saying that her older daughter Shanelle -- who now has a temporary guardianship of Ariel -- asked a judge for access to the "Modern Family" star's bank account but was shut down.

Court records, however, show the exact opposite.

The petition for the guardianship specifically requests that all of Ariel's accounts be blocked from everyone, including Shanelle.

Our court sources say Shanelle never asked for a penny during the hearing ... and the court docs reflect that.

As we first reported, the judge stripped Chrystal of custody -- at least for now -- based on allegations of brutality against Ariel. Ironically, Chrystal lost custody of Shanelle for precisely the same reasons 20 years ago.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2BlWndUDi

This is horribly sad and I believe the girls. The mother, in the TMZ video above, seems like a liar who wanted to make faces and make statements while pretending she couldn't. Otherwise, she would have gotten herself in the car quickly and not kept stopping to hear what they would say next.

And she screamed at her daughter's attorney in court? And called her a moron? http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/09/ariel-...hearing-moron/

If she can't control herself in court and act respectfully to the person who is making recommendations to the court based on the best interest of the child, then that says a ton about this woman's level of self-control. One can only imagine how she acts behind closed doors if she can't even keep her mouth shut and refrain from making insults in the one place it matters most, when custody of her daughter and access to her daughter's money, is at stake. Ick.

ETA: As to the brother defending the mom, his choice of words here is interesting:
    Workman said Winter does not speak with her family, blaming that on Gray and on Winter's attorneys. He said their mother "does everything for her children. So this is not right, right now. You've got a woman that's very upset and is losing everything over nothing.
    "http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ions-1.4203074 (Emphasis by me).

Shouldn't it be, "You've got a woman who is losing her child over nothing"?

Jimmy Workman hasn't really worked since the 90's. He had one direct to video thing in 04" and a role in 02. Everything else was in the 90's. Wonder who's supporting him?

On the other hand, Shanelle continues to work in the industry and is married with two kids. Hmm. Seems she has no real reason to make stuff up.
    Last edited by gitana1; 11-09-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Ariels grandfather sides with her parents

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ds-mother.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast