Curious if anyone knows..

indicajane

damaged goods
Reaction score
Newbie here :p I was curious if anyone knows how I could, or what I need to buy, to transfer old tapes onto a cd. I have some ancient tapes that a friend of mine made about fifteen years ago I'm afraid to even play out of fear they will dissolve into dust. I am not even sure who sang half the songs are sang by, so its sort of irreplaceable to me, you know?

Also, does anyone have a copy of, or at least know the name of a book about a serial killer somewhere in the northeast. He buried drugs in the forest, and killed four girls I believe. I can't remember his name for the life of me, he was a druggie and he had a daughter he named Nico, for some reason its all I can remember. The title of the book had 'Garden' in it.

Also does anyone else recall the name of the book written by one of the Manson family members, it was a male, but not one of those involved with any of the murderers. It was totally fascinating, but I can't seem to recall the name of the book or the boy who wrote it.

indicajane said:
Newbie here :p I was curious if anyone knows how I could, or what I need to buy, to transfer old tapes onto a cd. I have some ancient tapes that a friend of mine made about fifteen years ago I'm afraid to even play out of fear they will dissolve into dust. I am not even sure who sang half the songs are sang by, so its sort of irreplaceable to me, you know?

Also, does anyone have a copy of, or at least know the name of a book about a serial killer somewhere in the northeast. He buried drugs in the forest, and killed four girls I believe. I can't remember his name for the life of me, he was a druggie and he had a daughter he named Nico, for some reason its all I can remember. The title of the book had 'Garden' in it.

Also does anyone else recall the name of the book written by one of the Manson family members, it was a male, but not one of those involved with any of the murderers. It was totally fascinating, but I can't seem to recall the name of the book or the boy who wrote it.
Serial killer:
Have you tried doing some google searches with the name Nico & Garden and serial killer? Trying different combinations, maybe adding the names of states, etc.

Tape transfer:
I'm sure there are some reputable companies out there, that could transfer all your old tapes to CD. Shop around, try some internet searches.

"Also, does anyone have a copy of, or at least know the name of a book about a serial killer somewhere in the northeast. He buried drugs in the forest, and killed four girls I believe. I can't remember his name for the life of me, he was a druggie and he had a daughter he named Nico, for some reason its all I can remember. The title of the book had 'Garden' in it."

Could it be In His Garden by Leo Damore? It was about Antone Costa.

Hester Mofet

indicajane said:
Newbie here :p I was curious if anyone knows how I could, or what I need to buy, to transfer old tapes onto a cd.
You can do the transfer yourself if you have:
1. A PC or Mac with a sound card (virtually all computers have these nowadays)
2. A CD burner-- Newer computers generally have them. If yours doesn't, you can always buy an external one that would plug into your USB port. They're not too expensive.
3. CD burning software such as: Nero, Musicmatch, Quicktime/ITunes, Windows Media Player
4. A tape deck that has RCA output jacks.
5. Cables to connect the tape deck and your computer.

If you have any questions or need more details, feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps.

Jim Pence

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627