Rebecca's Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonepile

Reaction score
First I must apologize to anyone who may have commented on this thought in the past, and I have failed to pick up on your post(s), but I wonder what would have happened to Rebecca had Max not had his "accident" and subsequent death? Would she and Jonah still be a couple? Would they have by now been engaged and possibly be married? Or would Rebecca have been cast aside, or found from the lack of family dynamics that she needed to remove herself from all of them? I really wonder if Rebecca was simply expendable from the very start, and would have been removed whether Max was "injured" or not? I know we will never know, but I wonder none the less about her fate had everything NOT happened!

First I must apologize to anyone who may have commented on this thought in the past, and I have failed to pick up on your post(s), but I wonder what would have happened to Rebecca had Max not had his "accident" and subsequent death? Would she and Jonah still be a couple? Would they have by now been engaged and possibly be married? Or would Rebecca have been cast aside, or found from the lack of family dynamics that she needed to remove herself from all of them? I really wonder if Rebecca was simply expendable from the very start, and would have been removed whether Max was "injured" or not? I know we will never know, but I wonder none the less about her fate had everything NOT happened!

IMO, if Max had not fallen, Rebecca would have moved on with her life.....without Jonah.

Bonepile, I love your post and am so happy for your input. I have had these very thoughts myself. I believe that what you said is what makes this case so haunting and such an obsession for many. I hope that one day Rebecca's family and also we will know what happened to her.

Someone else here wrote that Rebecca's name and what happened to her and Max will be remembered long after any of the other players in this case. I believe that will be true also because so many people still comment on this.

Also, while doing internet searches on this case I have come across many small independent blogs and commentaries about her apparently obvious murder. It is heartbreakingly sad that the woman who was treated as though she had so little value by a man she loved would become so significant and important to so many strangers who never knew her. Imo, this case is poignantly unforgetable.

From Rebecca's own proactive actions following Max's injury and even her discussion with her sister that she was willing to leave her relationship with Jonah, I would say Rebecca would have made the choice to move on.

Rebecca definitely appears to be a strong person with high moral character. This is why I do not believe for a second that she committed suicide. Just doesn't fit her personality or character.

From Rebecca's own proactive actions following Max's injury and even her discussion with her sister that she was willing to leave her relationship with Jonah, I would say Rebecca would have made the choice to move on.Rebecca definitely appears to be a strong person with high moral character. This is why I do not believe for a second that she committed suicide. Just doesn't fit her personality or character.

BBM

I wonder what was in the letter addressed to Jonah that was inventoried on the search warrant. I hope the investigators read the letter instead of just handing it over to Jonah.

I would think since they took it into evidence they examined it as such. It wasn't a suicide note otherwise that would have been reported and the whole ridiculousness with the message on the door wouldn't have been necessary.

However, I wonder if it was a 'Dear Jonah' letter from Rebecca. Maybe she planned to give it to him later when decency would allow. She seemed willing to support him through the crisis. Although she seemed apprehensive as LE witnessed and recorded her statement that Dina was going to kill her.

If it was a 'Dear Jonah' letter then Rebecca is practically a saint in my book. She stayed with him even though it was probably over but only because of the accident and in spite of her fear that Dina would kill her. I think that alone proves she didn't harm Max.

Rebecca must have been more spiritually motivated at one time because she went to bible college where she met her ex-husband. There was some statement floating around, I don't remember the source, that alleged he stated their marriage ended because she had become materialistic. I wonder if that was true or just circulated around to make her look bad.

If it were true then maybe she went through some kind of phase where she was materialistic and that's why her marriage ended and she had the shop lifting episode and then she moved in with a millionaire. Maybe she learned that money can't buy happiness and that rich people can be mean and cruel too, so the money is just not worth it. I believe that they must have looked down on her because they called her the baby sitter and the kids were disrespectful to her. I really do think she learned her lesson and was ready to move on. I think she was basically a decent person who "was going through a thing".

I don't believe that she was the hateful person that Dina portrays. If she had then she never would have stayed to support Jonah. That showed she was kind and compassionate, imo.

BBM

I wonder what was in the letter that was addressed to Jonah that was inventoried on the search warrant. I hope the investigators read the letter instead of just handing it over to Jonah.

I would think since they took it into evidence they examined it as such. It wasn't a suicide note otherwise that would have been reported and the whole ridiculousness with the message on the door wouldn't have been necessary.

However, I wonder if it was a 'Dear Jonah' letter from Rebecca. Maybe she planned to give it to him later when decency would allow. She seemed willing to support him through the crisis. Although she seemed apprehensive as LE witnessed and recorded her statement that Dina was going to kill her.

If it was a 'Dear Jonah' letter then Rebecca is practically a saint in my book. She stayed with him even though it was probably over but only because of the accident and in spite of her fear that Dina would kill her. I think that alone proves she didn't harm Max.

If she had been the hateful person that Dina portrays then she would have been out of there in a heartbeat. Rebecca was not the person that Dina wants everyone to believe she was, imo.

I don't recall LE stating that it was a personal letter to Jonah........IMO, it could have been mail addressed to him that arrived that day.

I don't recall LE stating that it was a personal letter to Jonah........IMO, it could have been mail addressed to him that arrived that day.

Inparadise, you are correct. We do not know what the envelope contained. It could have been his phone bill. The search warrant did not specify what it was.

However, an investigation of it was done, no? Why else inventory it? I'm sure Gore didn't just hand it to Jonah and say, BTW here's your mail.

So there has to be a reason why it was taken. Do you think that the disposition of that item was documented in the case files? If so, then Bremner must know what was in it.

Anyhow, my sentiments remain the same whether or not there was an actual 'Dear Jonah' letter because she told Mary that she was thinking of taking a break from the relationship. However, she didn't because she felt that Jonah needed her.

Inparadise, you are correct. We do not know what the envelope contained. It could have been his phone bill. The search warrant did not specify what it was.

However, an investigation of it was done, no? Why else inventory it? I'm sure Gore didn't just hand it to Jonah and say, BTW here's your mail.

So there has to be a reason why it was taken. Do you think that the disposition of that item was documented in the case files? If so, then Bremner must know what was in it.

Anyhow, my sentiments remain the same whether or not there was an actual 'Dear Jonah' letter because she told Mary that she was thinking of taking a break from the relationship. However, she didn't because she felt that Jonah needed her.

I would think that whatever it was: something that appeared to be personal, like an envelope sealed with "Jonah" on it, or some randon piece of mail, then it should be documented/noted as such in the case file. But, since we know that we are dealing with "investigators" who didn't seem to think that certain pieces of evidence were not important, then all bets are off.......IMO.

I don't imagine Jonah would take being dumped gracefully. In fact, I bet he's the kind of guy who needs to step on whomever would dare.

<modsnip>

IMO this was an accidental rage murder by JS and AS becoming involved once he heard the scream. It was a rage murder STAGED to look like a stranger killing... a stranger that attempted to kill MS and RZ to get at JS.... Even the odd fingerprint setup was devised to take away from JS being involved... it was a middle of the night panic cover-up. We know JS has previous history of violence with his significant others... this one went to far because he believed RZ somehow killed or neglected his son because of what the doctors told him.

IMO JS and AS "acted" like they thought it was a suicide but they knew perfectly well what happened. JS and AS believed a reasonable person would believe it was suicide at first.... until the cops investigated further....They believed the cops would be smarter LOL... but if LE wanted to leave it at suicide... all the better.

I don't imagine Jonah would take being dumped gracefully. In fact, I bet he's the kind of guy who needs to step on whomever would dare.

I believe RZ's text to Mary show RZ was staying to support JS at that time.

Bonepile, thank you for starting this thread. I think that this is a very valid point. We know that RZ had told her sister she wasn't happy with the way the older children were treating her. I'm sure that JS was aware of this as well as she stated that he would not stand in her defense for the mistreatment she received from the teenagers. Did that make RZ even more expendable? Because she didn't want to put up with the blatant disrespect she felt?

I would bet that RZ would have left him, maybe it would not have been a forever thing, because by all accounts she cared very much for him. The night she was murdered she told her sister she had to be strong for him. A lessor person could have simply decided that she didn't want to be the chauffeur and porter for a family who treated her with disdain. For heaven's sake, she picked up his ex-wife's sister from the airport and when she sought some comfort (the supposed "bear hug" NS talked about in her interview) she was thought to be bizarre.

Post divorce families are never easy to navigate. Especially when there are multiple children from multiple marriages. When a parent doesn't stand up to their children regarding the disrespect of any adult, there is a huge problem. When that adult is the parent's significant other it's even worse.

Had poor MS not have fallen that day, RZ would certainly still be alive. Whether she was still with JS, well, I hope she would have seen her treatment as less than she deserved and would have moved on, but we will never know.

Always, MOO

<modsnip>
IMO this was an accidental rage murder by JS and AS becoming involved once he heard the scream. It was a rage murder STAGED to look like a stranger killing... a stranger that attempted to kill MS and RZ to get at JS.... Even the odd fingerprint setup was devised to take away from JS being involved... it was a middle of the night panic cover-up. We know JS has previous history of violence with his significant others... this one went to far because he believed RZ somehow killed or neglected his son because of what the doctors told him.

IMO JS and AS "acted" like they thought it was a suicide but they knew perfectly well what happened. JS and AS believed a reasonable person would believe it was suicide at first.... until the cops investigated further....They believed the cops would be smarter LOL... but if LE wanted to leave it at suicide... all the better.

Rebecca had a habit of saying good night to house guests, at both Spreckels and the PV house. IMO, Jonah and Adam were well aware of this habit, and they were waiting for her..........she never saw it coming. She got away from them and ran into the court yard, likely hid in the bushes (which is how her feet became so dirty). It also fits the screams that were heard by the neighbors......once they subdued her, they took her up to the "killing room"........

Rebecca had a habit of saying good night to house guests, at both Spreckels and the PV house. IMO, Jonah and Adam were well aware of this habit, and they were waiting for her..........she never saw it coming. She got away from them and ran into the court yard, likely hid in the bushes (which is how her feet became so dirty). It also fits the screams that were heard by the neighbors......once they subdued her, they took her up to the "killing room"........
And was dragged our of the bushes by her wrists over he head, thus the extensive wounds to her back, whereas there were almost none to the back of her arms.

Hi Inparadise - I thought it was determined that JS was at the hospital/Ronald McDonald house the night that RZ died. Can you clarify for me why it might be thought he was actually at Spreckels, please?

Thanks,

Salem

Hi Inparadise - I thought it was determined that JS was at the hospital/Ronald McDonald house the night that RZ died. Can you clarify for me why it might be thought he was actually at Spreckels, please?

Thanks,

Salem

Salem,
Jonah's presence at RMH was accounted for between 1am on 7/13 to 7am on the same date.......the screams for help at Spreckels were heard between 10:30-11:00 pm on 7/12........I know the people who heard the screams quite well.....they did not make them up, nor were they from the beach. I have been in the room that they were in when they heard the screams many times, and it just isn't possible that the screams came from the beach.

Salem,
Jonah's presence at RMH was accounted for between 1am on 7/13 to 7am on the same date.......the screams for help at Spreckels were heard between 10:30-11:00 pm on 7/12........I know the people who heard the screams quite well.....they did not make them up, nor were they from the beach. I have been in the room that they were in when they heard the screams many times, and it just isn't possible that the screams came from the beach.

Wait! You're saying it's been confirmed that Jonah was at RMH on 7/13 from 1am to 7am straight? I had thought some townies said the RMH staff did not see him at all at the RMH that day, or that he snuck out of the hospital or RMH after 1am to return to Spreckels to do the nasty deed on Rebecca himself or that he went to the mansion to oversee what Adam was doing? :what:

IMO, if Max had not fallen, Rebecca would have moved on with her life.....without Jonah.

I too have thought about this often. Sometimes i wonder if it is wishful thinking that in some parallel universe RZ may have got away from the family , and the dynamics -.

It makes me think even more so that - she really was expendable. JMOO if they were truly on their way out, what sort of leverage, cone of silence would there be? RZ was there that day- she was a witness- she knew too much and could implicate "them" (?) in everything.

As a person who was married for 22 years to someone who ia a bi - polar rage- a- holic business man, a very different picture of things and JS is crystalizing in my mind at this moment. ( i don't like it ) hmm :-(

The dozen of computer 'searches' of sexual content occurred the day before Rebecca's death. The actual time is unknown. This would have been Tuesday the 12th. On this day, XZ departed, AS arrived, Ocean was boarded, the infamous dinner, Dina was resting at her Coronado home for 8 plus hours, Dina was seen at the mansion and Nina admitted to being at the mansion. The time these 'searches' occurred is crucial. It is obvious RZ was in and out of the mansion most of that day. Does LE believe RZ made these computer searches? Does LE believe RZ used these searches to help create her suicide? In my opinion, it does not fit their theory since RZ had not yet received the alleged voicemail that purportedly triggered her to commit suicide.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death.

"It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime, and its called bond anime and it shows an Asian women bound; at least her hands are bound behind her back," said the Seattle-based attorney.

Bremner said it was not Zahau who looked at the online content and suggested the computer may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.

"Never in a million years would she have those fantasies; and never in a million years would she even look at *advertiser censored*," said Bremner told News 8. "There was somebody interested in doing her harm, with these kinds of searches."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16083634/... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

I too have thought about this often. Sometimes i wonder if it is wishful thinking that in some parallel universe RZ may have got away from the family , and the dynamics -.

It makes me think even more so that - she really was expendable. JMOO if they were truly on their way out, what sort of leverage, cone of silence would there be? RZ was there that day- she was a witness- she knew too much and could implicate "them" (?) in everything.

As a person who was married for 22 years to someone who ia a bi - polar rage- a- holic business man, a very different picture of things and JS is crystalizing in my mind at this moment. ( i don't like it ) hmm :-(

To me it doesn't seem to fit Jonah's MO to kill Rebecca. He was only dating her; they weren't married yet -- though it was rumored that he gave her an engagement ring.

In the past, he simply divorced his two ex-wives. Why would he change his MO and kill Rebecca?

I believe it is much more likely that it is Dina who was jealous of and hated Rebecca with a deadly passion -- just look at the absurd, irrational "conditions" she placed on Rebecca's relationship with Jonah and the media campaign she launched against Rebecca and the Zahaus to this day -- who is directly involved in Rebecca's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong