1138 users online (218 members and 920 guests)  

Websleuths News

IA - Adopted kids abused, now bio mom wants girl back

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html

I'm not making a huge deal out of the adoption thing, but it is part of the story as the bio mom wants the girl back

June said the last time she was allowed to speak with her daughter four years ago, Savannah told her something was wrong.

"She was not allowed to eat. Not allowed to eat her meals, not allowed to sleep in her bed, made to sleep on the floor and pushed down the stairs," said Simpson. "It makes me wonder how long and how bad and what's happened in between these last four years."

"Me and my ex-husband we definitely failed her, but DHS has failed her, the court system failed her. Everyone who is supposed to protect her has basically failed her," said Simpson.

Iowa (again!), formerly Florida, Land of the Sun
    Unfortunately, and I don't know if this is everywhere else too, but in Iowa, DHS can take kids out of a home based on a rumour. Even if the rumour is proven to not be true, you can't go after them or the social workers. I'm not sure what you have to do to be a foster parent, but this story isn't surprising to me. The area where I live, there was a guy who was physically abusing one of his foster kids, who had learning disabilities, and no one knew it was happening for over 2 years. He worked at a senior care facility to boot. It wasn't until he was caught hitting the girl while he was at work that anyone knew and turned him in. He was a foster parent for the money he got each month.

Iowa (again!), formerly Florida, Land of the Sun
    I was pretty wild when I was younger...my mom's solution was to take the door off my room and make me spend more time with the family. I'm not sure locking me up would have had the same results.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Neigh...178498611.html