849 users online (153 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Police have released more details in the case of missing 30-year-old Machesney Park resident Katrina A. Smith.

Smith was reported missing Tuesday, Oct. 23, by her husband. She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22, leaving her Machesney Park residence to run an errand.

Smith’s vehicle was found abandoned at Obispo and Ventura in Machesney Park at approximately 7:50 p.m., Oct. 23. Neighbors reported seeing the vehicle parked at that location earlier in the day, unoccupied.

Smith’s purse was recovered Wednesday, Oct. 24, a short distance from where the vehicle was located. During a search conducted by family and friends on Oct. 26, papers towels were recovered with a substance believed to be blood on them. These items were recovered in a field between Obispo and Ralston Road. Tests will need to be conducted to determine whether the blood belongs to Smith. Her cell phone was recovered in the 700 block of Ralston Thursday, Oct. 25

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/26...man-continues/
    An extensive search was conducted in the area where Smith’s car was found and family and friends of Smith also have been conducting serches.
    Smith is married and her residence is on Tetterhall Lane in Machesney Park, however, she recently has been staying in Roscoe. She worked at Camryn Company in Belvidere, Ill., where she was employed in the human resource department.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the sheriff’s department at 815-319-6400 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news/...9bb2963f4.html

Thread #1
    Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

ROSCOE — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old woman missing since Monday night.

Katrina A. Smith of Machesney Park was last seen by her husband when she left their home to run an errand. The woman hasn’t been seen since.

The woman was reported missing by her husband Tuesday night at the Roscoe Police Department.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x25595849...g-Roscoe-woman

IL - Katrina A. Smith, 30, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012, #2

Please continue here.

REMEMBER: The bother's blog and its contents are off limits. Do not name or sleuth people that have not been named in MSM or by LE.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: If you need to refresh your memory about the rules, you can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

to all the newbies!

No one has been named correct?

:
    Quote Originally Posted by scadder21 View Post
    No one has been named correct?
    Technically, LE have not commented about any persons in his case, both cleared individuals and persons of interest. They have been quite silent in general with the exception of a few sentences here and there as an update.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Yes, people have been named in the media such as her husband as well as he has made public statements.. This makes him an allowable discussion to some degree here due to his public statements and being named in MSM...
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    So, Todd also is a DJ in his spare time it appears..

http://www.manta.com/c/mm3hktt/all-the-right-grooves
    All The Right Grooves
    8239 Tetterhall Lane Machesney Park, IL 61115-7912

Todd C Smith Principal
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363602

"It's just a testament to who Katrina was" says Chad Kaltved, Smith's brother. "The type of person she was a caring giving person and to see this community just goes to show you what type of community it is and it means a lot."

Hard to hear him use "was". He must have a feeling she is no longer with us.

Post by SmoothOperator in previous thread:

Any possible weight of hubby's claiming that he and Katrina were absolutely NOT seperated and were in fact HAPPILY married for the last 7 years as well that she WAS LIVING THERE WITH HIM IN THE MARITAL RESIDENCE and NOT living in Roscoe as was reported...well that ALL went QUICKLY flying out the window with the FACT that hubby went to the ROSCOE POLICE DEPT to file the missing persons report...MOO is this...
    Did he maybe go to the Roscoe PD because he stopped by the condo to check if Katrina is home after he learned that she didn't show up for work?

O/T - Smooth, thank you for making my day. It was right on time and appreciated.

Hopefully today is the day that Katrina is found!

off to sleuth a bit ..

I'm open to thinking outside of the box here. It's just hard because the "boyfriend" hasn't been named in MSM from what I know. Other than her brother Chad, no family is stepping forward. We can't sleuth her step daughters.

Hmm, something has to give!
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Post by SmoothOperator in previous thread:

Did he maybe go to the Roscoe PD because he stopped by the condo to check if Katrina is home after he learned that she didn't show up for work?

I wondered that too but if he had no involvment and they were on fine terms, which would be backed up by him not calling her (no need to call, everything is fine,) then how did he know to check on her?

I don't know how often they spoke. To me, if they were seperated, there would be no real reason to stay in constant communication. A day or so could go by and no one would feel the need to worry.

I can't imagine her job notifying him that she didn't go to work that day but maybe they did? I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm or deny that.

To me it just seemed that if even he did go there, it would be the start of an alibi.

jmo
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

Thank you Nellie for putting all that effort into reviewing the archives!

Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 11-09-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by LivingJuicy View Post
    I wondered that too but if he had no involvment and they were on fine terms, which would be backed up by him not calling her (no need to call, everything is fine,) then how did he know to check on her?

I don't know how often they spoke. To me, if they were seperated, there would be no real reason to stay in constant communication. A day or so could go by and no one would feel the need to worry.

I can't imagine her job notifying him that she didn't go to work that day but maybe they did? I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm or deny that.

To me it just seemed that if even he did go there, it would be the start of an alibi.

jmo
    Maybe Katrina's employer called her when she didn't show and getting no reply they called TS. When he also couldn't reach her by phone he went to the condo.

We don't know if this happened but it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    Thank you Nellie for putting all that effort into reviewing the archives!

your welcome...i just wish i had the time to listen to the whole 24hrs...but im afraid it will put me to sleep like it did yesterday! ill check some before bedtime tonight....ill be downstairs for now.... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast