GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Police have released more details in the case of missing 30-year-old Machesney Park resident Katrina A. Smith.

Smith was reported missing Tuesday, Oct. 23, by her husband. She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22, leaving her Machesney Park residence to run an errand.

Smith’s vehicle was found abandoned at Obispo and Ventura in Machesney Park at approximately 7:50 p.m., Oct. 23. Neighbors reported seeing the vehicle parked at that location earlier in the day, unoccupied.

Smith’s purse was recovered Wednesday, Oct. 24, a short distance from where the vehicle was located. During a search conducted by family and friends on Oct. 26, papers towels were recovered with a substance believed to be blood on them. These items were recovered in a field between Obispo and Ralston Road. Tests will need to be conducted to determine whether the blood belongs to Smith. Her cell phone was recovered in the 700 block of Ralston Thursday, Oct. 25

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/2...g-30-year-old-machesney-park-woman-continues/
An extensive search was conducted in the area where Smith’s car was found and family and friends of Smith also have been conducting serches.
Smith is married and her residence is on Tetterhall Lane in Machesney Park, however, she recently has been staying in Roscoe. She worked at Camryn Company in Belvidere, Ill., where she was employed in the human resource department.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the sheriff’s department at 815-319-6400 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news...cle_2ff14532-1fa0-11e2-b4d1-0019bb2963f4.html
508adf72ab9c6.preview-300.jpg

Thread #1

ROSCOE — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old woman missing since Monday night.

Katrina A. Smith of Machesney Park was last seen by her husband when she left their home to run an errand. The woman hasn’t been seen since.

The woman was reported missing by her husband Tuesday night at the Roscoe Police Department.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x255958491/Police-seek-help-in-finding-missing-Roscoe-woman

Please continue here.

REMEMBER: The bother's blog and its contents are off limits. Do not name or sleuth people that have not been named in MSM or by LE.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: If you need to refresh your memory about the rules, you can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:welcome: to all the newbies!

:
No one has been named correct?

Technically, LE have not commented about any persons in his case, both cleared individuals and persons of interest. They have been quite silent in general with the exception of a few sentences here and there as an update.

Yes, people have been named in the media such as her husband as well as he has made public statements.. This makes him an allowable discussion to some degree here due to his public statements and being named in MSM...

http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=363602

"It's just a testament to who Katrina was" says Chad Kaltved, Smith's brother. "The type of person she was a caring giving person and to see this community just goes to show you what type of community it is and it means a lot."

Hard to hear him use "was". He must have a feeling she is no longer with us.

Post by SmoothOperator in previous thread:

Any possible weight of hubby's claiming that he and Katrina were absolutely NOT seperated and were in fact HAPPILY married for the last 7 years as well that she WAS LIVING THERE WITH HIM IN THE MARITAL RESIDENCE and NOT living in Roscoe as was reported...well that ALL went QUICKLY flying out the window with the FACT that hubby went to the ROSCOE POLICE DEPT to file the missing persons report...MOO is this...

Did he maybe go to the Roscoe PD because he stopped by the condo to check if Katrina is home after he learned that she didn't show up for work?

O/T - Smooth, thank you for making my day. It was right on time and appreciated.

Hopefully today is the day that Katrina is found!

off to sleuth a bit ..

I'm open to thinking outside of the box here. It's just hard because the "boyfriend" hasn't been named in MSM from what I know. Other than her brother Chad, no family is stepping forward. We can't sleuth her step daughters.

Hmm, something has to give!

Post by SmoothOperator in previous thread:

Did he maybe go to the Roscoe PD because he stopped by the condo to check if Katrina is home after he learned that she didn't show up for work?

I wondered that too but if he had no involvment and they were on fine terms, which would be backed up by him not calling her (no need to call, everything is fine,) then how did he know to check on her?

I don't know how often they spoke. To me, if they were seperated, there would be no real reason to stay in constant communication. A day or so could go by and no one would feel the need to worry.

I can't imagine her job notifying him that she didn't go to work that day but maybe they did? I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm or deny that.

To me it just seemed that if even he did go there, it would be the start of an alibi.

jmo

Thank you Nellie for putting all that effort into reviewing the archives!

:gthanks:

I wondered that too but if he had no involvment and they were on fine terms, which would be backed up by him not calling her (no need to call, everything is fine,) then how did he know to check on her?

I don't know how often they spoke. To me, if they were seperated, there would be no real reason to stay in constant communication. A day or so could go by and no one would feel the need to worry.

I can't imagine her job notifying him that she didn't go to work that day but maybe they did? I'll have to go back and re-read to confirm or deny that.

To me it just seemed that if even he did go there, it would be the start of an alibi.

jmo

Maybe Katrina's employer called her when she didn't show and getting no reply they called TS. When he also couldn't reach her by phone he went to the condo.

We don't know if this happened but it would make sense.

This bugs me the most, why go to the Roscoe PD? Did he call Machesney Park PD or the Winnebago County Sheriff's office and they told him to go to the Roscoe PD? How and when did he realize she was missing? If I had just an inkling my wife was missing I would go berserk. I would call the PD and anyone & everyone I know or knows her and I would be out looking asap. Sorry, I see a huge red flag here.

This bugs me the most, why go to the Roscoe PD? Did he call Machesney Park PD or the Winnebago County Sheriff's office and they told him to go to the Roscoe PD? How and when did he realize she was missing? If I had just an inkling my wife was missing I would go berserk. I would call the PD and anyone & everyone I know or knows her and I would be out looking asap. Sorry, I see a huge red flag here.

Well the Machesney Park PD is just a Winnebago County Sheriff assigned to that village according to their website so most likely if he did call, they would ask him to come in to fill out the report, they wouldn't take it all over the phone and so using logic with distance as a factor, Roscoe PD would be the closest location for him to go to in person to file that report rather than drive all the way downtown Rockford.

It just makes sense to me that closest to home or where she was going to be shopping would be the place to go to file the report.

I think this case is exactly as it appears to be. It wasn't a car-jacking .. It wasn't a robbery .. The dispersing of her things (including the car) screams "not just a robbery" .. it also screams "not a random murder" .. who takes the time to do all that?

Someone "disappeared" her. And took TIME to disperse her things, and hide her well.

Who had motive, opportunity, and saw her last? Who appears to be mis-leading LE by indicating all was fine in the relationship and not only did she still live there, but was expected home that evening? Who, when expecting her home that evening, didn't bother reporting her missing until the next evening? And why Roscoe, if she was living at the marital home?

Stinky stinky stinky.

IMO IMO IMO

it is also possible that he called and an officer came to the house to talk with ts and take the report...

I dont think Ireports are considered msm, any of us could sign up and write a report ... thanx for linking but really we cant discuss the info in the report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV