704 users online (82 members and 622 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499

    Moms Who Hate Their Own Children

    First, I want to state that I am not a Dr. Phil fan. Having said that, the preview commercials really caught my attention for this show. It aired yesterday, 11/8/12

    There should have been immediate action taken after this show recording. One mother tells her 10 yr old daughter that if she had a gun she would kill both of them, the other mother has an autistic daughter that she is abusive towards.

    THESE WOMEN LOOK NORMAL, jmo.

    Please watch and post your opinions. If anyone can say what happened after the show, it would be appreciated. On the website, it has a place to find out what happened after the show, but it doesn't appear to be updated.

    http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1909
    Last edited by fhc; 11-09-2012 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2
    I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil myself, but was caught by this show as well. So much so, I saved it on my DVR.

    The first mother was highly upset she had a daughter with behavioral problems. She claimed doctors weren't even sure what was wrong with her. Some saying she was autistic and others saying nothing was wrong at all. She hated her daughter because she's not perfect. Dr. Phil was sure to hammer this point home to her on numerous occasions.

    It goes without saying this family needs help desperately. The daughter needs a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The mother needs therapy and coping skills for dealing with a challenging child.

    The second mother blew me away. More so than the first. Her seething hate for her child seeped through her skin. I was afraid of her and I was safe in my living room.

    She spoke of African American children requiring a different kind of discipline that does not mirror Euro-centric ideals. Her claim is time outs and punishments do not work for African American children. She beats her child while buck naked with a belt till exhaustion. Simply because the child does.... well... child things. Lying, thievery etc.

    This woman needs hospitalization, immediately. Homicidal and suicidal ideals go beyond most parents everyday stress. Her daughter needs a stable loving environment. A parent who truly and dearly loves and wants her. I'm not so sure this mother is reparable. She admitted that some people shouldn't be mothers. I assume she was including herself in that statement.

    I do hope CPS or other family services were called by Dr. Phil/and or staff. Both of these children are in an extremely dangerous environment. For privacy reasons, I hope there's a small update on the children. We need to know they're now safe.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    12,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil myself, but was caught by this show as well. So much so, I saved it on my DVR.

    The first mother was highly upset she had a daughter with behavioral problems. She claimed doctors weren't even sure what was wrong with her. Some saying she was autistic and others saying nothing was wrong at all. She hated her daughter because she's not perfect. Dr. Phil was sure to hammer this point home to her on numerous occasions.

    It goes without saying this family needs help desperately. The daughter needs a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The mother needs therapy and coping skills for dealing with a challenging child.

    The second mother blew me away. More so than the first. Her seething hate for her child seeped through her skin. I was afraid of her and I was safe in my living room.

    She spoke of African American children requiring a different kind of discipline that does not mirror Euro-centric ideals. Her claim is time outs and punishments do not work for African American children. She beats her child while buck naked with a belt till exhaustion. Simply because the child does.... well... child things. Lying, thievery etc.

    This woman needs hospitalization, immediately. Homicidal and suicidal ideals go beyond most parents everyday stress. Her daughter needs a stable loving environment. A parent who truly and dearly loves and wants her. I'm not so sure this mother is reparable. She admitted that some people shouldn't be mothers. I assume she was including herself in that statement.

    I do hope CPS or other family services were called by Dr. Phil/and or staff. Both of these children are in an extremely dangerous environment. For privacy reasons, I hope there's a small update on the children. We need to know they're now safe.
    I watched this episode as well and was horrified that the second mom wasn't hauled off stage in a straightjacket. She is dangerous and this child needs to be removed from any contact with her at all. I saw pure evil in this woman.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I watched this episode as well and was horrified that the second mom wasn't hauled off stage in a straightjacket. She is dangerous and this child needs to be removed from any contact with her at all. I saw pure evil in this woman.
    Oh, I know! I kept waiting to see some police officers or someone show up and haul her to the lock up or hospital.

  5. #5
    It breaks your heart as a mother to see and hear another mother speak so demonically about their own child. What killed me the most was when second mother claimed her daughter got everything she wanted. She has nice clothes, the best shoes, everything she needs/wants. And I wanted to shout:

    She has everything except the love, acceptance, and comfort of her mother.

    This child still loves and wants her mother. I'm hoping against hope that it will get better for them. I'm just not sure it's possible.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    Oh, I know! I kept waiting to see some police officers or someone show up and haul her to the lock up or hospital.
    Wish you had started the thread after you saw the show. I thought for certain that there would be one here this morning. You articulated my reactions much better than I could, it still gives me chills. The first mother is much more common than anyone would ever admit but the 2nd is in a whole different sphere. The grandmother would be happy to take the little girl but because of the mother's anger towards her mother, she won't let her. Reminders of another case...(did the mother hate her mother more than she loved her child like the recently departed great grandmother had pondered in FL)...we all know what happened to the child in that case.

  7. #7
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,231
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    First, I want to state that I am not a Dr. Phil fan. Having said that, the preview commercials really caught my attention for this show. It aired yesterday, 11/8/12

    There should have been immediate action taken after this show recording. One mother tells her 10 yr old daughter that if she had a gun she would kill both of them, the other mother has an autistic daughter that she is abusive towards.

    THESE WOMEN LOOK NORMAL, jmo.

    Please watch and post your opinions. If anyone can say what happened after the show, it would be appreciated. On the website, it has a place to find out what happened after the show, but it doesn't appear to be updated.

    http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1909
    BBM

    I watched this yesterday and I agree. I was actually shocked that Dr. Phil didn't call CPS. That mother's behavior is not something to mess around with. AT ALL. The fact that she was so honest and unapologetic made it even scarier, imo. She doesn't appear to have a conscience, which in this situation, could prove deadly.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  8. #8
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    The first mother was highly upset she had a daughter with behavioral problems. She claimed doctors weren't even sure what was wrong with her. Some saying she was autistic and others saying nothing was wrong at all. She hated her daughter because she's not perfect. Dr. Phil was sure to hammer this point home to her on numerous occasions.

    It goes without saying this family needs help desperately. The daughter needs a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The mother needs therapy and coping skills for dealing with a challenging child.

    The second mother blew me away. More so than the first. Her seething hate for her child seeped through her skin. I was afraid of her and I was safe in my living room.
    Respectfully snipped for space.

    I agree with you. I think the first mom obviously loved her child, she just didn't have the skills or knowledge to deal with a challenged child.

    I think there was a HUGE difference between her and the second mom. The second mom should have her daughter removed from her care. Like, yesterday.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    IMO there are allot of mothers like this that we are not aware of because they hide the fact.
    Onthe outside everything looks great, but inside their minds they do hate their daughters.
    Casey Anthony for one.
    I once met an older married woman that said she wished she would have had an abortion or miscarriage because she never wanted a child.........................how do you think that child felt when his own mom said that!
    Oh and I must add that I also met a woman who was pregnant with triplets (in vetro)
    whose husband died in a freak accident.
    I was wishing her well and she said this was his idea and not mine, now I'm stuck with 3 kids alone that I don't want.
    I was in shock!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    I actually felt bad in a way for the first mom. She had been really abused herself as a child and was very frustrated with her challenged daughter. It was obvious that she has some very serious issues about her own childhood that she needs to get help for. I think that with therapy, parenting classes and maybe some help at home this family can work it out. She also seemed very depressed.

    The second mom- I agree with the above posters totally. Very bad situation.

    IIRC on some earlier Dr. Phil (couple of years ago?) a woman was investigated by CPS after confessing to abusing her children during a show. So my guess is that 2nd mom will be hearing from CPS soon.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Watched in disbelief, FHC. I do understand there are mothers who dislike their children. That though?

    Mom one I sort of felt bad for as she was abandoned by her own mom. However, now you're the adult lady. She sincerely though didn't think anything was wrong with HER! It was all the child. My mind went to "Maybe she thinks her own child is turning out like the mother who abandoned her?"

    Mom two obviously needs help as well, but pronto. When Doc P mentioned her own abuse she balked. When he went there again she said "I'm not going there with you." Something about her own mother thinking it was alright to have your children raised up by others.

    Obviously this woman was making a point weather it was going to get her child murdered or not.

    Then again I send respect in the fact they had the ***** to go on there in front of the world.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Watched in disbelief, FHC. I do understand there are mothers who dislike their children. That though?

    Mom one I sort of felt bad for as she was abandoned by her own mom. However, now you're the adult lady. She sincerely though didn't think anything was wrong with HER! It was all the child. My mind went to "Maybe she thinks her own child is turning out like the mother who abandoned her?"

    Mom two obviously needs help as well, but pronto. When Doc P mentioned her own abuse she balked. When he went there again she said "I'm not going there with you." Something about her own mother thinking it was alright to have your children raised up by others.

    Obviously this woman was making a point weather it was going to get her child murdered or not.

    Then again I send respect in the fact they had the ***** to go on there in front of the world.
    No lack of issues for either mother...but like you stated, they are grown mothers...the 2nd mother all but wrote the headlines of what is about to happen. If she feels like this now with her 10 yr old, she will never survive puberty and the teen years. While getting all her degrees, did she not take any child growth & development and (or) psychology classes? No way do you have your daughter strip naked and spank her for 35 minutes. Her daughter reaches for her mom's hand and the mother pulls away. Wouldn't Dr. Phil be a mandatory reporter? This woman is begging for someone to take her child away, anyone except her grandmother, that is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    If Dr. Phil is a real doctor (licensed medical pro) he will HAVE TO report her.

    At least my mother never expressed that level of anger towards me. She just bottled it up and beat the crap out of me about every 6 months. I can honestly say that I much prefer that to what the second mother put her kid through. If no one from the show calls, I'm sure that someone from their personal life that didn't know how bad it really was will make the call now. "If you think that's child abuse, then you don't know what child abuse is." No lady, you don't know what child abuse is, but hopefully, the justice system will clarify the definition for you.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    No lack of issues for either mother...but like you stated, they are grown mothers...the 2nd mother all but wrote the headlines of what is about to happen. If she feels like this now with her 10 yr old, she will never survive puberty and the teen years. While getting all her degrees, did she not take any child growth & development and (or) psychology classes? No way do you have your daughter strip naked and spank her for 35 minutes. Her daughter reaches for her mom's hand and the mother pulls away. Wouldn't Dr. Phil be a mandatory reporter? This woman is begging for someone to take her child away, anyone except her grandmother, that is.

    She pretty much put it out there when she said "Not all people are meant to get an education and some are not meant to be mothers". True. It seemed like she was just standing her ground that this was HER DAUGHTER and she was gonna do it any way she wanted to no matter what.

    I wonder if there'd be the same level of anger, angst, disappointment, abuse, and plain meaness if this were boys they birthed?

    Alice Walker and her daughter had a relationship somewhat marred, but thankfully Rebecca was not being beaten or told she'd be blown away.

    http://www.bvnewswire.com/2010/09/17...g-revelations/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Interesting my own mom was watching and at times said she felt sorry for these women they had kids like this????????

    What?

    She explained that afterall our children are a reflection of ourselves.

    Ummmmmmmmmmmm, exactly the point, Ma. Thankfully she never hated me, but I got beat for things like not making homecoming Queen or class President.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Meet the PI Moms
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM