Moms Who Hate Their Own Children

fhc

Reaction score
First, I want to state that I am not a Dr. Phil fan. Having said that, the preview commercials really caught my attention for this show. It aired yesterday, 11/8/12

There should have been immediate action taken after this show recording. One mother tells her 10 yr old daughter that if she had a gun she would kill both of them, the other mother has an autistic daughter that she is abusive towards.

THESE WOMEN LOOK NORMAL, jmo.

Please watch and post your opinions. If anyone can say what happened after the show, it would be appreciated. On the website, it has a place to find out what happened after the show, but it doesn't appear to be updated.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1909

I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil myself, but was caught by this show as well. So much so, I saved it on my DVR.

The first mother was highly upset she had a daughter with behavioral problems. She claimed doctors weren't even sure what was wrong with her. Some saying she was autistic and others saying nothing was wrong at all. She hated her daughter because she's not perfect. Dr. Phil was sure to hammer this point home to her on numerous occasions.

It goes without saying this family needs help desperately. The daughter needs a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The mother needs therapy and coping skills for dealing with a challenging child.

The second mother blew me away. More so than the first. Her seething hate for her child seeped through her skin. I was afraid of her and I was safe in my living room.

She spoke of African American children requiring a different kind of discipline that does not mirror Euro-centric ideals. Her claim is time outs and punishments do not work for African American children. She beats her child while buck naked with a belt till exhaustion. Simply because the child does.... well... child things. Lying, thievery etc.

This woman needs hospitalization, immediately. Homicidal and suicidal ideals go beyond most parents everyday stress. Her daughter needs a stable loving environment. A parent who truly and dearly loves and wants her. I'm not so sure this mother is reparable. She admitted that some people shouldn't be mothers. I assume she was including herself in that statement.

I do hope CPS or other family services were called by Dr. Phil/and or staff. Both of these children are in an extremely dangerous environment. For privacy reasons, I hope there's a small update on the children. We need to know they're now safe.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil myself, but was caught by this show as well. So much so, I saved it on my DVR.

The first mother was highly upset she had a daughter with behavioral problems. She claimed doctors weren't even sure what was wrong with her. Some saying she was autistic and others saying nothing was wrong at all. She hated her daughter because she's not perfect. Dr. Phil was sure to hammer this point home to her on numerous occasions.

It goes without saying this family needs help desperately. The daughter needs a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The mother needs therapy and coping skills for dealing with a challenging child.

The second mother blew me away. More so than the first. Her seething hate for her child seeped through her skin. I was afraid of her and I was safe in my living room.

She spoke of African American children requiring a different kind of discipline that does not mirror Euro-centric ideals. Her claim is time outs and punishments do not work for African American children. She beats her child while buck naked with a belt till exhaustion. Simply because the child does.... well... child things. Lying, thievery etc.

This woman needs hospitalization, immediately. Homicidal and suicidal ideals go beyond most parents everyday stress. Her daughter needs a stable loving environment. A parent who truly and dearly loves and wants her. I'm not so sure this mother is reparable. She admitted that some people shouldn't be mothers. I assume she was including herself in that statement.

I do hope CPS or other family services were called by Dr. Phil/and or staff. Both of these children are in an extremely dangerous environment. For privacy reasons, I hope there's a small update on the children. We need to know they're now safe.

I watched this episode as well and was horrified that the second mom wasn't hauled off stage in a straightjacket. She is dangerous and this child needs to be removed from any contact with her at all. I saw pure evil in this woman.

I watched this episode as well and was horrified that the second mom wasn't hauled off stage in a straightjacket. She is dangerous and this child needs to be removed from any contact with her at all. I saw pure evil in this woman.

Oh, I know! I kept waiting to see some police officers or someone show up and haul her to the lock up or hospital.

It breaks your heart as a mother to see and hear another mother speak so demonically about their own child. What killed me the most was when second mother claimed her daughter got everything she wanted. She has nice clothes, the best shoes, everything she needs/wants. And I wanted to shout:

She has everything except the love, acceptance, and comfort of her mother.

This child still loves and wants her mother. I'm hoping against hope that it will get better for them. I'm just not sure it's possible.

Oh, I know! I kept waiting to see some police officers or someone show up and haul her to the lock up or hospital.

Wish you had started the thread after you saw the show. I thought for certain that there would be one here this morning. You articulated my reactions much better than I could, it still gives me chills. The first mother is much more common than anyone would ever admit but the 2nd is in a whole different sphere. The grandmother would be happy to take the little girl but because of the mother's anger towards her mother, she won't let her. Reminders of another case...(did the mother hate her mother more than she loved her child like the recently departed great grandmother had pondered in FL)...we all know what happened to the child in that case.

First, I want to state that I am not a Dr. Phil fan. Having said that, the preview commercials really caught my attention for this show. It aired yesterday, 11/8/12

There should have been immediate action taken after this show recording. One mother tells her 10 yr old daughter that if she had a gun she would kill both of them, the other mother has an autistic daughter that she is abusive towards.

THESE WOMEN LOOK NORMAL, jmo.

Please watch and post your opinions. If anyone can say what happened after the show, it would be appreciated. On the website, it has a place to find out what happened after the show, but it doesn't appear to be updated.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1909

BBM

I watched this yesterday and I agree. I was actually shocked that Dr. Phil didn't call CPS. That mother's behavior is not something to mess around with. AT ALL. The fact that she was so honest and unapologetic made it even scarier, imo. She doesn't appear to have a conscience, which in this situation, could prove deadly.

Respectfully snipped for space.

I agree with you. I think the first mom obviously loved her child, she just didn't have the skills or knowledge to deal with a challenged child.

I think there was a HUGE difference between her and the second mom. The second mom should have her daughter removed from her care. Like, yesterday.

IMO there are allot of mothers like this that we are not aware of because they hide the fact.
Onthe outside everything looks great, but inside their minds they do hate their daughters.
Casey Anthony for one.
I once met an older married woman that said she wished she would have had an abortion or miscarriage because she never wanted a child.........................how do you think that child felt when his own mom said that!
Oh and I must add that I also met a woman who was pregnant with triplets (in vetro)
whose husband died in a freak accident.
I was wishing her well and she said this was his idea and not mine, now I'm stuck with 3 kids alone that I don't want.
I was in shock!

I actually felt bad in a way for the first mom. She had been really abused herself as a child and was very frustrated with her challenged daughter. It was obvious that she has some very serious issues about her own childhood that she needs to get help for. I think that with therapy, parenting classes and maybe some help at home this family can work it out. She also seemed very depressed.

The second mom- I agree with the above posters totally. Very bad situation.

IIRC on some earlier Dr. Phil (couple of years ago?) a woman was investigated by CPS after confessing to abusing her children during a show. So my guess is that 2nd mom will be hearing from CPS soon.

Watched in disbelief, FHC. I do understand there are mothers who dislike their children. That though?

Mom one I sort of felt bad for as she was abandoned by her own mom. However, now you're the adult lady. She sincerely though didn't think anything was wrong with HER! It was all the child. My mind went to "Maybe she thinks her own child is turning out like the mother who abandoned her?"

Mom two obviously needs help as well, but pronto. When Doc P mentioned her own abuse she balked. When he went there again she said "I'm not going there with you." Something about her own mother thinking it was alright to have your children raised up by others.

Obviously this woman was making a point weather it was going to get her child murdered or not.

Then again I send respect in the fact they had the ***** to go on there in front of the world.

Watched in disbelief, FHC. I do understand there are mothers who dislike their children. That though?

Mom one I sort of felt bad for as she was abandoned by her own mom. However, now you're the adult lady. She sincerely though didn't think anything was wrong with HER! It was all the child. My mind went to "Maybe she thinks her own child is turning out like the mother who abandoned her?"

Mom two obviously needs help as well, but pronto. When Doc P mentioned her own abuse she balked. When he went there again she said "I'm not going there with you." Something about her own mother thinking it was alright to have your children raised up by others.

Obviously this woman was making a point weather it was going to get her child murdered or not.

Then again I send respect in the fact they had the ***** to go on there in front of the world.

No lack of issues for either mother...but like you stated, they are grown mothers...the 2nd mother all but wrote the headlines of what is about to happen. If she feels like this now with her 10 yr old, she will never survive puberty and the teen years. While getting all her degrees, did she not take any child growth & development and (or) psychology classes? No way do you have your daughter strip naked and spank her for 35 minutes. Her daughter reaches for her mom's hand and the mother pulls away. Wouldn't Dr. Phil be a mandatory reporter? This woman is begging for someone to take her child away, anyone except her grandmother, that is.

If Dr. Phil is a real doctor (licensed medical pro) he will HAVE TO report her.

At least my mother never expressed that level of anger towards me. She just bottled it up and beat the crap out of me about every 6 months. I can honestly say that I much prefer that to what the second mother put her kid through. If no one from the show calls, I'm sure that someone from their personal life that didn't know how bad it really was will make the call now. "If you think that's child abuse, then you don't know what child abuse is." No lady, you don't know what child abuse is, but hopefully, the justice system will clarify the definition for you.

No lack of issues for either mother...but like you stated, they are grown mothers...the 2nd mother all but wrote the headlines of what is about to happen. If she feels like this now with her 10 yr old, she will never survive puberty and the teen years. While getting all her degrees, did she not take any child growth & development and (or) psychology classes? No way do you have your daughter strip naked and spank her for 35 minutes. Her daughter reaches for her mom's hand and the mother pulls away. Wouldn't Dr. Phil be a mandatory reporter? This woman is begging for someone to take her child away, anyone except her grandmother, that is.

She pretty much put it out there when she said "Not all people are meant to get an education and some are not meant to be mothers". True. It seemed like she was just standing her ground that this was HER DAUGHTER and she was gonna do it any way she wanted to no matter what.

I wonder if there'd be the same level of anger, angst, disappointment, abuse, and plain meaness if this were boys they birthed?

Alice Walker and her daughter had a relationship somewhat marred, but thankfully Rebecca was not being beaten or told she'd be blown away.

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2010/09/17/alice-walkers-rebecca-walker-startling-revelations/

Interesting my own mom was watching and at times said she felt sorry for these women they had kids like this????????

What?

She explained that afterall our children are a reflection of ourselves.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, exactly the point, Ma. Thankfully she never hated me, but I got beat for things like not making homecoming Queen or class President.

Charming,aren't they:what:
Look up borderline personality disorder, narcissistic pd, and medean mothers. It's a little terrifying how many of these there are.

Dr Phil had a legal and moral obligation to report her to CPS BEFORE the show even aired, when he first heard about it. He's a mandated reporter!!! I am STUNNED the children were still in their mothers custody! Especially the black child! That sweet child was/is in mortal danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charming,aren't they:what:
Look up borderline personality disorder, narcissistic pd, and medean mothers. It's a little terrifying how many of these there are.

I could sympathize with the first mother. I know what I can and can't handle as a mom and years spent as a foster parent. I could Love and parent a normal child, children with behavioral issues ( not fire setters or animal abusers) but I would be a terrible parent to an autistic child. I know I could not handle it, even if it were my own....as so many say its different when its your own. Personally, I would have to leave before I'd ever physically or verbally attack a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's widely known that Dr Phil is no longer a doctor.
I don't have any idea if that changes his mandatory reporting status?

I can guarantee CPS has been called (though not likely by Dr Phil.)
The "Hot Sauce Mom" was reported by viewers and convicted.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hot-sauce-...d-guilty-child/story?id=14366615#.UJ6cA4Z2OUM

Multiple sources reported to Anchorage police that they'd seen Beagley on the nationally televised show, police said.

-----------------------------

In the video, Beagley goes on to explain that those previous methods of discipline -- timeouts, spankings, forced exercise, soap in the mouth -- didn't stop the boy from acting out and lying, so she turned to hot sauce.

"If we've been having a lot of problems, it'll stay in the bathroom where it's handy when we need it," Beagley tells the camera.

When she's at her wits' end, the boy gets a cold shower
, Beagley says.

http://www.adn.com/2011/01/27/1670946/dr-phil-visit-leads-to-child-abuse.html##storylink=cpy

I had a great aunt that I loved dearly. She was Christian, classy and well educated for a woman of that time. She and her husband .....my grandfather's brother lived within blocks of us and I visited almost daily. She had several sons and a daughter she cherished. At that time all the kids were grown with families of their own.

She died a few years ago at almost a hundred years old. I had the chance to speak to her pastor a year or so before she died. He told me that she felt that her biggest sin ever was enjoying christian romance novels.

At her funeral.....that same pastor had the oddest funeral ever for her. It was all about forgiveness and mental illness.

Turns out that sweet great aunt had a son I had never met but had heard of in rare times. I thought he'd estranged himself from the family for some reason.

Turns out my great aunt hated him and always had. He was her first born and she denied him from delivery. She insited....although he was born at home with her mother and sisters attending that he was not his. She had given birth to a girl and someone had switched babies. She would not hold him or nurse him. She said she hated him and wished him gone or dead or both. She could not be trusted with him. The extended family stepped in to raise him. He never really lived with his family. If they tried to have him live home...his mother would either ignore him or tell him she hated him and that he was not her child. When he was in his very early teens he hired himself out as a live in farm hand and never really contacted his family much.

As his mother's life was coming to an end he tried again to reconnect with her and the family. He was in his early eighties. She still wanted nothing to do with him. He was heartbroken again....the family...even his elderly brothers and sisters still sided with their mother. They hardly knew him and only knew him as someone their mother truly hated.

I was gobsmacked to find this out. What could happen to make a mother hate her own child so much? Why one child and not the rest? How could a woman appear so utterly normal and do a fine job raising her other children and be so hateful to her firstborn? Back then...outward appearances were crucial. It was soooo covered up. It was like he didn't exist.

From what I have heard he was a broken man most of his life. He really tried toward the end of his life he worked with the pastor and other family members to reconnect with them. It failed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back