989 users online (172 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Lynda Saunders, 26, Santa Ana, 10 July 1978

In the first case of its kind in Orange County, a decades-old murder mystery in Santa Ana has been solved with the help of DNA from the suspect's relatives.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...nty&id=8873247

Hooray for cold case detectives!!!

Every honest person should volunteer their DNA!

I hope to see the day where people who are committed to a life of not committing crimes can volunteer their DNA to the databank. Not only could it provide a lead for LE now but who knows how it might help future generations. Imagine if you donated your DNA and your cousin's great-grandson ended up getting busted for murder in 2120. Hopefully both discoveries and the application of familial DNA advances rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by UncoolNegated View Post
    I hope to see the day where people who are committed to a life of not committing crimes can volunteer their DNA to the databank. Not only could it provide a lead for LE now but who knows how it might help future generations. Imagine if you donated your DNA and your cousin's great-grandson ended up getting busted for murder in 2120. Hopefully both discoveries and the application of familial DNA advances rapidly.
    Actually, we encounter resistance in families when we are trying to identify a John or Jane Doe vs a missing person. It happens more than you can imagine-if you have a family of folks who have been outside of the margins of society in any way, they can be incredibly reluctant to provide DNA not just because of past but because of future actions.

I like the creativity shown here-I think it is a break through for LE. But we have to find a way to make it safe for people to give DNA in a way that wont compromise them. Maybe exclude any crimes but crimes of the body that arise. I dont know.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou