1301 users online (295 members and 1006 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Isaac Brothers-Bartholomew, 18 mos, starved to death, 6 Nov 2012

911 call on 'stiff as a board' toddler leads to body, malnourished siblings found in Ohio home

A mother's frantic plea for help for her disabled 18-month-old son — "He's stiff as a board" — sent an ambulance crew to a reclusive family's home where they found the undersized boy and six other children, most malnourished, according to a 911 tape released Monday.

"He's got medical issues," the mother told a 911 operator Nov. 6 when she and her husband awoke and found the toddler's lifeless body.

"My husband just went inside," she said on the tape released by the Erie County sheriff's department in this lakeside community between Cleveland and Toledo. "He's stiff as a board."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/12...#ixzz2C3qaMLWB

She made the 911 call on Nov. 6. Then she says they were having a halloween party for the kids and stayed up late and took a nap the next day. How long did they sleep? From the the 31st to the 6th? The baby died of malnutrition and dehydration. Geeze, they had the children taken away before for keeping them in pens. They should have never gotten them back. The 6 yr old weighed only 23lbs. My 1 yr old grand daughter weighs that!

Quote Originally Posted by SoBeCzar View Post
    She made the 911 call on Nov. 6. Then she says they were having a halloween party for the kids and stayed up late and took a nap the next day. How long did they sleep? From the the 31st to the 6th? The baby died of malnutrition and dehydration. Geeze, they had the children taken away before for keeping them in pens. They should have never gotten them back. The 6 yr old weighed only 23lbs. My 1 yr old grand daughter weighs that!
    the article was poorly written. Another family had their children taken away and spent 2 years in prison. I believe the trial was in Erie County but the family lived in Huron County.

to quote article....

Erie County was the scene of the emotionally charged trial of a husband and wife convicted of forcing some of their 11 adopted, special-needs children to sleep in cages. Both served two years in prison and were released last year.

The couple lost custody of the children in 2006. They said they used wire and wood enclosures at their home in Norwalk to protect children they said acted up and were destructive.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/12...#ixzz2C4GESYF2
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

The parents had said the child had medical problems, but check of the child’s history raised some flags.

“We did some checking in the medical records and learned that the child hadn’t been seen by a doctor in 8 months,” Oliver said. “We’ve kind of got some conflicting statements.”

Oliver said the house was in poor condition and that all of the children were medically evaluated.

“We were definitely concerned with the malnourishment,” he said.

It is unclear if charges will be filed yet as the investigation is ongoing.

“When it is complete, we’ll definitely confer with the prosecutor’s office,” he said.

http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...mode=fullstory

This is so heart-breaking....were there not any agencies checking on these kids???

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

RIP little Isaac

Stories like this infuriate me..... Torture, being ALLOWED by these agencies we citizens pay GOOD MONEY for. CPS laws NEED TO BE REEVALUTATED NOW!! No tolerance for inadequate parenting!!!
    Last edited by justice4children; 11-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.

No charges were immediately filed in the case, but the six children, most with physical or mental disabilities or both, were removed from the home and four were sent to the hospital.
    Where did these kids come from? Surely this couple did not birth 6 children that virtually all had mental or physical disabilities, did they?

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

"School officials confirmed today three of the family's seven children were enrolled in special education programs with the school district. At no point did school staff suspect the children were neglected."

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/arti...g-kids/2808621
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-13-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    "School officials confirmed today three of the family's seven children were enrolled in special education programs with the school district. At no point did school staff suspect the children were neglected."

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/arti...g-kids/2808621
    this is a very good article.

please keep in mind that the school system would not be providing services (and may never have seen him during their visits) to the young child that was found deceased.

Erie County Board of Developmental Disabilities should be the main agency providing services and oversite.

If you noticed in the article...

"Brothers also said the children's grandmother was their home healthcare provider"

that tells me that the child was on a federally/state funded waiver for services and that grandma should have been getting paid to provide services

This is going to be a mess for the local LE to figure everything (all the agencies providing services/monitoring).....hopefully State agencies are involved
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 11-13-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Where did these kids come from? ...
    Sounds like all the children were their bio children.
    Just my opinion

All seven children are the couple’s biological children and were home schooled

unbelievable....why would you keep having children? I understanding having a disabled child and doing everything possible to make their life enjoyable and normal.

I wonder if the disabilities were heredity?

911 call at link also

NOT saying this is happening....post is for pondering and FYI

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/SSI.html

$710/SSI per person = $8529/year

$8729 X 7 = $59,703 year - don't know if all 7 children were receiving SSI payment - NOT VERIFIED INFORMATION - JMO/MOO, ETC...

-----

Oliver said. The parents do not work, he added. Deputies are investigating where the couple got their money from, but Oliver believes they were getting money from the government benefits.

It is very costly to care for medical fragile disabled children and also very emotionally and physically demanding. It doesn't seem the parents were open to receiving on-going support services....there are federal/state funded programs/waivers to help parents care for their children at home....so sad

Apparently what ever money the parents were receiving wasn't going towards buying food or the food they did purchase wasn't going to feed the children.

How in the world can a six year old child only weight 23 lbs? My one month old granddaughter weights 9 lbs.

JMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast