IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
20270787_BG1.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20

Media/Timeline thread: IA IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8,&Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NEW UPDATE! DCI EMAIL AND SIX TIPS TO LOOK FOR:
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...case/-/9357080/16505396/-/th3cnp/-/index.html

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

I`d like to post these two maps again. They give the last known time and location for the girls.

Cook_Collins_timeline3.jpg

Cook_Collins_two_options.jpg

In my humble opinion, it's abt time...
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_392fa85c-2cfa-11e2-b697-001a4bcf887a.html

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) --- The mother of one of the missing Iowa cousins has been ordered to appear in federal court to face a complaint alleging she violated the terms of her supervised release in a decade-old methamphetamine case. <sniped>

....A summons delivered to Morrissey last week says that probation officials have filed a “supervised release violation petition” against her. Court officials have filed the petition and related documents under seal, shielding them from public view.

Please continue here.

Salem

ETA: The Media/timeline thread could use some links. There are great maps and articles that should be put there for future reference if anyone has the time and inclination.

In my humble opinion, it's abt time...
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_392fa85c-2cfa-11e2-b697-001a4bcf887a.html

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) --- The mother of one of the missing Iowa cousins has been ordered to appear in federal court to face a complaint alleging she violated the terms of her supervised release in a decade-old methamphetamine case. <sniped>

....A summons delivered to Morrissey last week says that probation officials have filed a “supervised release violation petition” against her. Court officials have filed the petition and related documents under seal, shielding them from public view.

The terms of her probation were set long before she got a restraining order against DM. The petition and related documents are probably sealed because the avid interest in her is way beyond what any ordinary person on probation would have to face and that scrutiny is not due to anything she did. No one chooses to have their daughter abducted and seemingly disappear.

I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, if she is in violation of her probation requirements then she should be compelled to face the music or there's a chance she will harm herself or someone else. On the other hand, she continues to suffer one of the worst things a parent can go through.

Her coping skills were probably never very good or she would not have started with substance abuse. But I'm not sure that even the most well developed coping skills in the world would help a parent get through something like this.

I am left hoping that whatever the problem is, the judge will deal with her with mercy and compassion. Sometimes true justice is found not necessarily in the letter of the law but in the spirit.

Heather was on the morning news this morning on kwwl. It's not up on the website yet and i gotta see clients today, so i can't hang out and wait for the link to come up. But the website is www.kwwl.com if someone else wants to put up the link to the interview when it goes up on the website.

Parents of missing Iowa cousins to kidnapper: &#8216;Be a hero&#8217;

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_794abf88-2d0b-11e2-affd-0019bb2963f4.html

ETA: 1st para of this open letter from all four parents.
To Whom it May Concern:
We would use your name, but we don&#8217;t know who you are. Or maybe we do? Maybe you are someone who knows the girls? Maybe you are someone who just acted upon an impulse? Maybe you planned to take them? We don&#8217;t know, because we don&#8217;t know who you are.

That letter, it brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what these people are going through. Where are these precious girls??!! It is so scary, my two girls are the same age as Lyric and Elizabeth. It sure makes me take a step back and THINK about where they are going, who they are with, what they are doing. Since joining this site, my kids don't go ANYWHERE without adult supervision. They sure don't like it, but I refuse to take any chances. I AM NOT BLAMING THE PARENTS, I am stating how much these cases have changed MY life, I can't even begin to put myself in the parents shoes at this point. The heartache and the what if's must be enough to strangle a person. I hope that this letter helps bring these girls home! :please:

So sad they're still not home.

The wording of the letter reminds me of what the fictional senator ruth martin says in her plea for her daughter in the silence of the lambs. :( I haven't watched it in quite a while, but it sure strikes a chord with me.

On local news today, it was said that the missing cousins parents will write a letter to the perp asking for the safe release of the girls.

Someone who kidnaps two little girls is not going to be touched by a letter from the parents. That's like two completely different personalities. We are not talking about a normal person here. I don't blame the parents for writing a letter because they are desperate and have so many emotions they need to get out, but I really doubt the girls are getting released because of a letter. The kidnapper is probably laughing or got a high from it, seeing how many lives he's wrecked.

Imo, IF these poor girls are still alive, it would only be because they were being trafficked and pimped out. :mad: I don't think they have been taken in by loving caretakers. And this letter will mean nothing to the monsters who took them, imo.

But I empathize with their need to write that down and try and deal with their emotional pain. :rose::rose:

Someone who kidnaps two little girls is not going to be touched by a letter from the parents. That's like two completely different personalities. We are not talking about a normal person here. I don't blame the parents for writing a letter because they are desperate and have so many emotions they need to get out, but I really doubt the girls are getting released because of a letter. The kidnapper is probably laughing or got a high from it, seeing how many lives he's wrecked.

I know, shouldn't they have tryed this much earlier in the abduction. I think it's maybe just a last ditch effort.

Imo, IF these poor girls are still alive, it would only be because they were being trafficked and pimped out. :mad: I don't think they have been taken in by loving caretakers. And this letter will mean nothing to the monsters who took them, imo.

But I empathize with their need to write that down and try and deal with their emotional pain. :rose::rose:

I agree.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_5f38de8e-2dbc-11e2-8c9e-001a4bcf887a.html

This is a statement released by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office today:
Today, Nov. 13, marks four months that Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins have been missing. They were last seen riding their bicycles in Evansdale on Friday July 13th at approximately 12:15 p.m.

While law enforcement has nothing new to report on the girls we continue to receive good tips regarding their disappearance and those tips are being followed up on. <sniped>

In past cases, children who are kidnapped and later found alive were abused by one person (their abductor), and were not trafficked to multiple people. So if they are alive, that is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46