GUILTY IN - Phillip Robey, 3 mos, starved to death, Indianapolis, 8 Nov 2012

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/docs-baby-starved-to-death-slept-in-drawer?hpt=ju_bn5

Bambi Glazebrook, 29, was charged with murder and neglect of a dependent resulting in death

It appeared the baby died of starvation, weighing only 5 pounds, 8.2 ounces.

(Baby was 2 months old!!!!)

The Department of Child Services has removed children from Glazebrook’s care in the past, though court documents made it unclear how many children were removed and why.

"I called CPS three times and I called the police twice to come out here and try to do something,” Martha Roberston said. “I told them every time that it was a life and death situation... that if they did not do something that the child was going to die."

The Department of Child Services, which oversees CPS, is prohibited from releasing specific details of any case. However, the department did acknowledge at least one recent report of a complaint involving Glazebrook.
"DCS did receive a report recently and was working to locate the family so we could assess the child's situation," said spokeswoman Stephanie McFarland.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bamb...baby-was-found-dead-20121109,0,5665395.column

My word!!! How can a mother do this??? 2 months old? The mugshot says it all for me, as ugly on the inside as the outside. She looks beyond peeved in that picture!

Sounds like another failure by CPS. Considering this woman reportedly had a number of children already removed from her, why didn't CPS follow this baby from the start?

Yes, all children born from this should have been removed immediately.

The woman had several kids removed and adopted out and she keeps having more.

This is a sign of a failing society and this baby is just the most obvious victim of it.

I think if I were Ms Robertson, I would have offered to babysit all of them and taken off running.

This is a lesson for EVERYONE in this situation. Call LE. Dont call CPS. Call LE. Have them come out and see what is going on and then they can refer. They can have the child transported....I am sure they would have. Call 911 and raise hell.

i am also going to assume that Mom has a severe mental incapacity in some way.

I think if I were Ms Robertson, I would have offered to babysit all of them and taken off running.

This is a lesson for EVERYONE in this situation. Call LE. Dont call CPS. Call LE. Have them come out and see what is going on and then they can refer. They can have the child transported....I am sure they would have. Call 911 and raise hell.

According to what MR said, she called police twice. And still nothing was done.

The mother looks like she definitely is on something, maybe meth? Not saying it's an excuse for her actions as it's absolutely not but we all know what drugs will do to ya and how they can make you act.

According to what MR said, she called police twice. And still nothing was done.

"I called CPS three times and I called the police twice to come out here and try to do something,” Martha Roberston said. “I told them every time that it was a life and death situation... that if they did not do something that the child was going to die."

Thanks, jjenny. I think that this is the claim that needs the most review. CPS, at least where I am, doesnt do rapid response unless it is a hospital setting. Yes they are supposed to, but they dont. They spend time with verification, paperwork, determining if the call is retaliatory etc.

LE should have come immediately. I suppose the media should start there, because I would be terrified for a community where the 911 operators or dispatch would decide not to respond in a situation like this. JMVHO.

From June 2014:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/09/parents-get-prison-month-olds-death/10258381/

In May, Phillip's mother, Bambi Glazebrook, pleaded guilty to one count of neglect of a dependent and was later sentenced to 45 years, 30 of which are to be served in state prison. Upon her release, she is to have no unsupervised contact with minor children, including her own.

On Friday, Phillip's father, Gregory Robey, was sentenced to six years in prison for his role in the baby's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back