1373 users online (285 members and 1088 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - LA police search for girl who was dragged away

Police searched Tuesday for a young girl after witnesses reported seeing her dragged by the hair up a brushy hillside east of downtown Los Angeles.

http://news.yahoo.com/la-police-sear...171806665.html

What is scary to me is that there seems to have been multiple witnesses and they didn't come together collectively to help this young girl. I could be jumping the gun, as the witnesses could have been children? Another baffling point was they called off the search after finding articles of clothing. Are weather conditions that bad in California right now?
    Justice for Trayvon

This is just so scary! I hope and pray that she is found alive!!! I could not imagine witnessing this and not being able to help! Gut wrenching!!! For all!!
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    What is scary to me is that there seems to have been multiple witnesses and they didn't come together collectively to help this young girl. I could be jumping the gun, as the witnesses could have been children? Another baffling point was they called off the search after finding articles of clothing. Are weather conditions that bad in California right now?
    Weather conditions are fine here in Southern California. I wonder why they called off the search.

---
    On Tuesday afternoon, LAPD Police Chief Charlie Beck said the search, which covered more than 450 acres, was expected to end around 4 p.m.

Police found "no evidence of the female who was kidnapped, so that is good news," Beck said. "The last thing we want to do is find remains in this remote location."
    ---
    No remains found in El Sereno recreation area search: (nbclosangeles.com)

I've been watching this all day. Happy to see a thread here, I find this incredibly disturbing. Witnesses heard arguing and saw him dragging her by the hair. Shoes and other items of clothing were found. This is just so scary

It's so sad that we live in a world where the majority of people will witness things like this and not intervene. I hope they find her. I'd like to think if someone's child is missing right now, they would have noticed but we all know that isn't always the case.

What the ?!?!? Photos of shoes and leggings and description of man in link.
    "the suspect is described as a Hispanic male between 18 and 20 years old, 6 feet tall weighing 200 pounds with clean-cut dark hair wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8883656
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-13-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added perp description
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

I heard this on the car radio earlier today, but since then, nothing. * crickets*
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    I hate the thought that the witnesses could have been adults who didn't do anything to help the poor girl out. If the witnesses were kids, I can understand. But adults? Not so much.

Praying LE figures out who she is and is able to find her. Doesn't sound like they have much to go on.
    “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    How long did take LE to respond? I don't know the terrain, but how far could they have gotten in 10 minutes? How successful were the dogs in tracking her since they had her clothing to go from?

No missing persons report, so she may be a runaway who has fallen in with the wrong peeps. If witness were teens, I hope it's not a awful prank.

El Sereno Rec Center's site

http://www.laparks.org/dos/reccenter...elserenoRC.htm

Roughly 59 RSO's in the area.

Be safe young lady.

Now being worked as a missing persons investigation?

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...179112771.html

Beyond ridiculous. Why stop the search? It was a gorgeous day here - mid 80s, sunny. The area is a bad neighborhood, to be sure, but still...they're LE, for pete's sake.

Depending on the exact location of her abduction, there are lots of hills and brush, and nooks and crannies. I will say that while they found clothing, it may NOT have been hers - this area has a lot of homeless people living in the shrubbery/bush, so it might'be been theirs.

However, there is NO reason AT ALL that LE stop the search...none.

And, there have been a number of murders in the area, as well...some think that there may be a serial killer exploring that area (I know there's a thread on that, but I can't find it right off...).

Makes me very, very angry. And some people wonder why I want to move from Los Angeles?

Sigh. Be blessed, young one.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast