'Drowning victim' arises from Susquehanna, startles coroner, authorities, onlookers

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
"Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again." -- Dylan Thomas, 'And Death Shall Have No Dominion'

Sleeping Swimmer Causes Scare (wnep.com)
WILLIAMSPORT — It started out as what could have been a drowning in the river in Williamsport, but this particular story has a happy ending.

Just before noon a body was discovered in the Susquehanna River in the Williamsport area.

Sometimes, things are not quite what they seem, and in this case that is a good thing.

The body was discovered floating face-up in the river just below a spill-dam, an area that has seen drownings before.

Police and the coroner were on scene, fully prepared to investigate a drowning.
---
the rest at the link, and here's the video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26yixuz_B8E"]Sleeping Man In River Mistaken For A Dead Person - YouTube[/ame]
This story's actually from August; did a thread search and didn't see one for it.

LOL!!!!! Glad there was a happy ending!!

I have trouble falling asleep myself...I can't imagine falling asleep in an innertube while floating down the river. This is too funny! (Why does this guy remind me of the Turtleman?)

The Susquehanna is cold this time of year. Brr, this guy must have been a little nutty to be floating in that cold water. JMO.

It happened in August.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back