GUILTY Australia - Sarah Cafferkey, 22, Melbourne, 9th Nov 2012, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FruitTingles

Reaction score
A mother has made a desperate plea for help to find her missing daughter 22 year old Sarah Cafferkey, who she said suffers from a severe form of asthma and if she doesn't have her puffer and does not get an ambulance to her she could die within half an hour.

Ms Dickson saw her daughter last Friday 9th November at home. Police believe Sarah may have gone out with friends that night, but she has not made contact with her family for the past six days. She and her car have not been since. She also has not used her phone or accessed her bank account. Police have serious fears for her safety.

"She has a dog who is a black lab about 18 months old and she takes the dog with her everywhere - shopping at Highpoint, wherever," she said.

"She hasn't been home and so that tells me something's wrong with her. Something's definitely wrong because she hasn't been here for the dog ... the dog's distressed."

Police have asked people to watch out for her car, a silver 2001 Astra sedan with registration OOHSEZ on a pink background.

Ms Cafferkey is described as Caucasian with a fair complexion, 168cm tall, thin build, black shoulder length straight hair with green eyes. If you have any information please contact 000 immediately.

More at link:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...out-with-friends/story-e6frg6n6-1226516991367

273080-sarah-cafferkey.jpg
521655_406456359422713_399429375_n.jpg
532106_406467596088256_1347036797_n-1.png

Ms Dickson saw her daughter last Friday at home. Police believe Sarah may have gone out with friends that night, but she has not made contact with her family for the past six days.

It's believed Ms Cafferkey visited a friend on Saturday afternoon but it is not known when she left her friend's house.

snipped from yesterday's Herald Sun

This is very confusing wording - have her friends not confirmed that she was out with them on Friday evening? Then regarding the visit to a friend's on Saturday afternoon - again no confirmation? Or terrible journalism?

Even on the Victorian Police site the information is strangely vague - a couple of snips from there:

It is believed that Sarah went out with friends on Friday night and has not been seen since.

It is not known what she was last seen wearing.
What? Not known? Not even a general idea? It almost sounds like they aren't sure who even saw her last.

Alarm bells go off for me when phones haven't been used since a disappearance - knowing how much many young people use their phones constantly. I hope there is some good news soon.

:moo:

snipped from yesterday's Herald Sun

This is very confusing wording - have her friends not confirmed that she was out with them on Friday evening? Then regarding the visit to a friend's on Saturday afternoon - again no confirmation? Or terrible journalism?

Even on the Victorian Police site the information is strangely vague - a couple of snips from there:

What? Not known? Not even a general idea? It almost sounds like they aren't sure who even saw her last.

Alarm bells go off for me when phones haven't been used since a disappearance - knowing how much many young people use their phones constantly. I hope there is some good news soon.

:MOO:

Yes the reports are very confusing, aren't they? I tried to write it as best I could (my first time posting a thread so please bear with me and I will edit what you think I need to!) I apologize. I have found myself going back to each article just to try and understand. But definite alarm bells when phone and bank accounts have not been used. Hoping she is found safe.

Another version of the story in MSM - grr this time they say she may have gone out with friends on Saturday night.

Mum makes desperate plea to find missing daughter

I wish media outlets wouldn't copy and quote from each other, which IMO they do often. It ends up being like a game of Chinese Whispers - the original message gets distorted terribly.

Oh FruitTingles - no criticism directed at you at all :) You beat me to the punch - I was considering having a go at starting a thread for the first time too :)

Oh FruitTingles - no criticism directed at you at all :) You beat me to the punch - I was considering having a go at starting a thread for the first time too :)

Oh! Sorry catswhiskers! Hopefully we can get some new reports soon, that are actually correct and make sense!

There has been a special fb page set up Help!! Have you seen Sarah Cafferkey?

Looks like it has been set up by a family member.

There has been a special fb page set up Help!! Have you seen Sarah Cafferkey?

Looks like it has been set up by a family member.

Thanks. Just looked it up then. Some comments from frustrated people I see!
:waitasec: is all I can do right now. Where are you Sarah???

A photo of Sarah's Car. A 2001 Holden Astra Sedan.

Attachments

• 521655_406456359422713_399429375_n.jpg
    521655_406456359422713_399429375_n.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 55
I am really unsure as to what date she was actually last seen/heard from. I've seen Friday, but then Saturday. I need the date changed in the thread anyway as I thought the 11th was Saturday (sorry all!), but what to change it to? As there seems to be a lot of confusion in MSM to the date of her actual disappearance. :confused: Any admin's around?

I am really unsure as to what date she was actually last seen/heard from. I've seen Friday, but then Saturday. I need the date changed in the thread anyway as I thought the 11th was Saturday (sorry all!), but what to change it to? As there seems to be a lot of confusion in MSM to the date of her actual disappearance. :confused: Any admin's around?

Thanks for starting the thread FruitTingles...well done!!.

It's probably best to go by the official police report...

Sarah Cafferkey was last seen by her family at home on Ross Street on Friday 9 November

Sarah_Cafferkey_-_Bacchus_Marsh.png

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/10847-search-for-missing-bacchus-marsh-woman.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth