Celebrity Chef, Guy Fieri, Fires Back At Critic

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Fieri Fires Back at Critic Who Slammed His Times Square Eatery

by Adam Buckman | November 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

TV food personality Guy Fieri fired back at a New York Times restaurant critic who savaged his Times Square eatery in a review that was one of the most brutal ever published in the venerable newspaper...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...t-critic-who-slammed-his-times-square-eatery/

Here's the New York Times review:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/d...merican-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0

Actually, I've eaten at Johnny Garlic's and I agree with this critic, I was very disappointed in the food and the menu.

Thanks for posting that review. It's hysterical as are the comments.

I never could stand his show. He is gross...and always slobbering over fatty drippy sandwiches

I never could stand his show. He is gross...and always slobbering over fatty drippy sandwiches

I can't stand him either. I mean stomach him either.

All I know is that I have been to a few of the places on his show and they were not what we expected. And I do get fed up with the constant marathons of DD&D of food tv. jmo

Oh my God, thanks for the laugh. he he:what:

I bet the critic is right. He is overplayed and overexposed.
I trust Robert and Ramsey..
He probably could give two shts but got caught..

I been to two places in Milwaukee, OMG What pig pens.

The one in Marietta GA, the diner, was very nice.. (not Guys kind of place)

Yea, he can fire back now that he didn't take care of the place because
he got nailed. Sorry, but I can't stand someone who just wants to make $$
off the public from their name but do nothing for it..

Goz
Happy Thanksgiving.. Gobble

Actually, I've eaten at Johnny Garlic's and I agree with this critic, I was very disappointed in the food and the menu.

I doubt that I'd ever have occasion to eat at one of Guy's establishments, but the menus leave a lot to be desired. I suppose some might consider the all-over-the-map cuisine "eclectic", but to me it's an amalgam of let's-throw-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink on the menu and see what sticks. I'd be hard-pressed to find something that I'd actually like to eat - and this coming from a bona fide foodie :D

All I know is that I have been to a few of the places on his show and they were not what we expected. And I do get fed up with the constant marathons of DD&D of food tv. jmo

In that case, you might not be interested in knowing that there's an all-day Triple-D marathon today on Food Network :D

That review was too funny. The comments, well, some were pretty funny...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

In that case, you might not be interested in knowing that there's an all-day Triple-D marathon today on Food Network :D

I watch the the FN. All i want is MORE GUY.. (NOT). thanks for the warning..
:furious:

I will just be glad when this trend of glorifying "drunk food" is over.

I mean, I love the occasional grease bomb treat as much as the next gal (although I don't seem to tolerate it as well as I used to), but these shows and celeb chef restaurants that tout grease as some sort of chic fusion movement just annoy me.

Rolling food in weird things and deep frying it before smothering it in processed cheese and flavored mayonnaise is really just a bad idea unless you are at a food cart. And it's 3am. And you're leaving the bar.

Places in Albuquerque and in Santa Fe shown on DDD are good places to eat, but not my personal recommendations.

We have tried some others from the show. Do visit Super Dog when you're in Chicago!

Laughing
(actually laughing in this thread for a change!)

Places in Albuquerque and in Santa Fe shown on DDD are good places to eat, but not my personal recommendations.

We have tried some others from the show. Do visit Super Dog when you're in Chicago!

Laughing
(actually laughing in this thread for a change!)

Similarly, metro-Detroit restaurants that were featured on Triple D are popular places with fine reputations. Traffic Jam & Snug has been a mainstay in mid-town Detroit since 1965. TJ&S appeals to the art/music/theatre community as well as students at Wayne State University. Supino's Pizzeria in Detroit's Eastern Market was recently voted the best pizza in Detroit. Union Woodshop and Clarkston Union (in downtown Clarkston, 35 miles north of Detroit) are both frequented by homegrown Kid Rock. Both are known for good BBQ and feature Kid Rock's own Badazz Beer.

I'm late to the game and clearly in the minority but I enjoy his show now and then (when I'm hungry). He does gross me out when he eats, though. I don't know anything about his new restaurant. But I do think the reviewer was unnecessarily vicious, sarcastic and elitist. Give a bad review but no need to be so snotty. After all, Fieri gives a ton if publicity to unknown, small businesses with his show. In this economy, that's a wonderful thing.

Guy Fieri Named One Of The Least Influential People Of 2012 By 'GQ'

Posted: 11/28/2012 11:23 am EST

As the dust still settles from Pete Wells's vicious takedown of Guy Fieri's restaurant, GQ has joined the fray and seems keen on kicking a guy when he's (arguably deservedly so?) down. The magazine named Guy Fieri one of the least influential people of 2012...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/guy-fieri-least-influential-gq_n_2204612.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back