1380 users online (310 members and 1070 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

LA - Javonte Bowie, 15, New Orleans, 13 November 2012

Police are searching for a teenager who has been missing since Tuesday morning, the department said. 15-year-old Javonte Bowie was last seen on Tuesday morning around 10 a.m. after leaving her school in the 3000 block of Higgins Boulevard near the Desire Development Neighborhood, according to a statement released by the New Orleans Police Department Friday morning.

More at link: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ssing_tee.html

Photo from NOLA.com article:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353096099.634128.jpg

Hopefully she is just upset and comes back home safely very soon.

No new news.

http://www.nola.gov/en/PRESS/New-Orl...nager-Missing/

Newer article but nothing new in it. Where are you Javonte? I hope that LE isn't just blowing this off as her running away. This just gets me so angry! I don't care how these young kids go missing, the point is they are KIDS and they are MISSING! She is only 15 years old and she is out in this big scary world without her parents. I hope this girl comes home safely. I am just curious on one thing: How does a 15 year old girl have tattoos already? Don't you need to be 18 to get tattoos? I suppose a friend may have done them for her. Javonte, please come home!
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

Checking in here, and searching for word of your being found safe and sound Javonte. I pray all is well in your world, Ms. Bowie.
    May God bless you.
    Peace is flowing like a river,
    Flowing out through you and me,
    Spreading out into the desert,
    Setting all the captives free.

Hoping Javonte comes home safely! It's been over 2 weeks since she's been missing--a long time for 15. I hope LE keeps on this case and helps return Javonte to her family.

Has anyone heard from her over these past two weeks? I find it hard to believe that a 15 year old would be able to run away for this long without contacting at least a friend. And where would she be staying?

I hope she is safe, because if not, LE have lost a two week lead on whoever may have taken this beautiful girl. This is why I get so angry when missing children are brushed off as being a run away, at the end of the day, a child out on the streets is a very very dangerous thing, no matter whether they initially chose to be there or not. Too many times a child has been labelled a run away, never to be found again. Or worse, to be found deceased after never being a run away to begin with! NEVER assume anything with our children, they are precious and should not be out on the streets on their own whatever the circumstances.

I hope you are found soon, Javonte, and that you are safe wherever you are.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Really worried about this girl. I can't picture a 15 year old girl who runs away with no clothing aside from the school uniform she had on. Can't see her wanting to stay in that uniform so long (at least that's how I felt when I was a student wearing a uniform- not exactly the coolest looking clothes & immediately outs you as a kid if you want to look older).

A 15 year old should not be able to just leave her high school campus alone & of her own (and when her mother says she has to stay in school).

The area where she went to school can be a rough area crime-wise. Hope this child is ok! Are searches being done? Cell phones being pinged?
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Her fb https://www.facebook.com/javonte.bowie

Locked up but says she is 'in a relationship'.

for these lost and missing teenagers. They want to grow up so fast.

jmo
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Bringing this info over from another thread, that of Mya Foster, who went missing on Jan 7 in NO. She was last seen by her mom getting on the bus for school. No word on if she made it to school or where she went. She didn't come home on the school bus. Details are kind of sketchy.

I suspect that Mya & Javonte attended the same school based on where they went missing/neighborhoods it appears they live in. I posted this on Mya's thread:

My guess is that these girls both went to one of the GW Carver schools on Higgins Blvd. in New Orleans.
    GW Carver Senior High School serves 10-12th grade - their colors are green and orange. Their uniform shirts are green.

There are also two schools that serve 9th graders on the same block- GW Carver Collegiate Academy & GW Carver Preperatory Academy. Both are listed at the same address (with the Senior High a few numbers down the street). Both of these 9th grade schools (or two schools in one) are charter schools run by Sci Academy/Collegiate Academies (and will combine as the "Carver" when Carver Senior High is phased out)/http://www.nola.com/education/index....ls_anno_1.html.

I have not been able to find yet if the charter/9th grade Carver students wear green uniform shirts, but it wouldn't surprise me.

And adding now- I suspect they attend the 9th grade charter schools due to their ages, but I'm not sure.

So...two girls going missing from the same school? (assuming Mya did indeed stay on the bus & make it to the school's campus or surrounding area)
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Javonte Bowie? 15 years old. New Orleans. ?
    I searched a bit today for info. Nada. Her thread is still open here. Is she still missing? Found? Or classified, determined as other?
    Does anyone know?

Wondering...hoping she is well.
    Peace is flowing like a river,
    Flowing out through you and me,
    Spreading out into the desert,
    Setting all the captives free.

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    http://www.nola.gov/en/PRESS/New-Orl...nager-Missing/

Newer article but nothing new in it. Where are you Javonte? I hope that LE isn't just blowing this off as her running away. This just gets me so angry! I don't care how these young kids go missing, the point is they are KIDS and they are MISSING! She is only 15 years old and she is out in this big scary world without her parents. I hope this girl comes home safely. I am just curious on one thing: How does a 15 year old girl have tattoos already? Don't you need to be 18 to get tattoos? I suppose a friend may have done them for her. Javonte, please come home!
    Tattoos at 15 with a fake ID or parental consent.
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain