GUILTY OH - Lisa Knoefel, 41, stabbed to death, Willoughby Hills, 16 Nov 2012

Sunfire

Reaction score
http://fox8.com/2012/11/16/fostermomstabbing/

13 year old biological daughter calls police, 3 year biological daughter hides in closet. No motive known at this time.

Correction...Sabrina Zunich

WILLOUGHBY HILLS – Police arrested a teen in the stabbing death of her foster mother on Chagrin Drive early Friday morning.

Police said Lisa Knoefel, 41, was sleeping in her bedroom when she was attacked and killed by her foster daughter, Sabrina Zunich, 18.

“Obviously it’s a tragic day in the city. Anytime you lose someone in a tragic way such as this it certainly affects all of us,” Willoughby Hills Police Chief Christopher Collins said.

It started with a frantic 911 call around 1:15 a.m. from a 13-year-old girl who told dispatchers her sister was attacking her mother with a knife.

“My understanding is she did try to intervene but was pushed back and continued to call and try to get help to the scene,” Collins said.

When officers arrived, they found Zunich covered in blood, Collins said.

Rule number one when doing fostercare ... Never foster a child older, bigger or stronger than your youngest biological child.

Very lucky the 18 year old didn't kill them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read the teen, who was supposedly a honor student at Willoughby South High School, lived with this family for 1 1/2 years. When doing a google search it shows her biological Father passed away earlier this year, age 52. No mention of her Mother in obit. Wondering why she fostered out when her Dad was still alive until recently.

Her FB page is scary....many pictures of her playing with the 3 year old. As posted above, thank God she didn't kill them all.

I read the teen, who was supposedly a honor student at Willoughby South High School, lived with this family for 1 1/2 years. When doing a google search it shows her biological Father passed away earlier this year, age 52. No mention of her Mother in obit. Wondering why she fostered out when her Dad was still alive until recently.

Her FB page is scary....many pictures of her playing with the 3 year old. As posted above, thank God she didn't kill them all.

The article in the OP says that she was in foster care because her father was too sick to take care of her and her mother has serious health issues. It makes me wonder if her health issues are physical.

The article in the OP says that she was in foster care because her father was too sick to take care of her and her mother has serious health issues.

Interesting....that part wasn't in the original report when I posted it. Still makes me wonder....they spoke to an aunt, a grandmother; why didn't any of these people take her in?

Still, this is such an awful tragedy. Very interested to hear what the motive was? Did Lisa take her iPod away and Bri flipped out?

If you listen to the bottom video, the LE says over the past couple of years they have been called to the home. A couple of times due to parents and the rest due to the children (foster child??)

http://fox8.com/2012/11/16/fostermomstabbing/

I hope family is gathering around the 13 year daugther...so tragic for her to see and hear her mother being killed.

they would not play the 911 tape due to all the screaming...

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/lake-county/2014/05/30/painesville-murder-jury/9762757/

A jury has been seated in northeast Ohio to hear the murder-conspiracy trial of a man accused of plotting with a romantically involved foster daughter to kill his wife.

Prosecutors say 43-year-old Kevin Knoefel was having an affair with his teenage foster daughter and convinced the girl to kill his 41-year-old wife, Lisa, in November 2012.

The foster daughter, Sabrina Zunich, now 19, is charged with fatally stabbing Lisa Knoefel.

http://fox8.com/2014/06/06/police-use-hidden-camera-to-speak-with-husband-in-foster-mom-murder/

PAINESVILLE, Ohio– Testimony on Friday in the murder conspiracy trial of 43-year-old Kevin Knoefel revealed that in July 2013, police sent a witness carrying a hidden camera to speak with Knoefel...

Sabrina Zunich testified on Thursday that Kevin Knoefel seduced her after she was placed in his home as a foster child, and for months, the two engaged in a sexual relationship.

Zunich says it was Knoefel who hatched the plan to kill his wife and collect $785,000 from various life insurance policies. She says she was following Knoefel’s plan when she stabbed Lisa Knoefel 178 times.

evil man

stupid, stupid girl

i am not giving her any passes, she is old enough to know what she was doing but what is her reasoning? i am sure he let her do all the dirty work so he wouldn't be charged with the actual murder. did she thought they will waltz into the sunset? what about the other girls?

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

omg ! ........... words fail

Husband convicted of conspiring to murder wife after foster daughter he was sleeping with 'stabbed her 150 times with a 10inch kitchen knife'

Prosecutors told jurors that Ohio man Kevin Knoefel, 43, showed his foster daughter Sabrina Zunich how to stab his wife

Jury convicted Knoefel on six counts of sexual battery, three counts of complicity to aggravated murder and two counts of conspiracy to commit aggravated murder

Zunich, now 19, testified last week that she put on a ski mask and fatally stabbed 41-year-old Lisa Knoefel in her bed in November 2012

Zunich testified against Knoefel in exchange for a sentence of life in prison with the chance for parole in 30 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icted-conspiring-kill-wife.html#ixzz35nb19RMr

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/08/sabrina_zunich_expected_to_ple.html

Sabrina Zunich, who admitted stabbing her foster mother to death and having an affair with her foster father, is expected to plead guilty to aggravated murder.

She is scheduled to go on trial next week in Lake County Common Pleas Court for the murder of Lisa Knoefel but will appear Thursday before Judge Richard Collins Jr. for what is indicated in court records as a change of plea...

During his trial Zunich testified that she agreed to work with prosecutors in Knoefel's case in exchange for a their recommendation that she be sentenced to life in prison with the opportunity for parole in 30 years following her guilty plea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back