EG - At least 49 kindergartners killed when train hits bus in province of Assiu

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Egypt: train hits school bus; 49 killed (AP)
ASSIUT, Egypt (AP) — A speeding train crashed into a bus carrying children to their kindergarten in southern Egypt on Saturday, killing at least 49, officials said. Distraught families searched for signs of their loved ones along the tracks and angry villagers berated officials in the aftermath of the latest disaster to hit the country's railway system.

The bus was carrying more than 50 children ages four to six when it was hit near al-Mandara village in Manfaloot district in the province of Assiut, a security official said. He said it appeared that the railroad crossing was not closed as the train sped toward it.
---
Books, school bags and children's socks were strewn along the tracks near the blood-stained, mangled bus. Parents of the missing wailed as they looked for signs of their children.
---
much more at AP link above

Oh how tragically sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even bear to read the article at the link yet. As a former kindergarten teacher, this is just overwhelming to even think of. All I can do is pray for those affected and hold my loved one a little bit tighter. We have a grandson in Kindergarten and that little blue eyed, hard headed boy is our joy. I can't imagine what the parents are going thru.

I can't even bear to read the article at the link yet. As a former kindergarten teacher, this is just overwhelming to even think of. All I can do is pray for those affected and hold my loved one a little bit tighter. We have a grandson in Kindergarten and that little blue eyed, hard headed boy is our joy. I can't imagine what the parents are going thru.
Me too. I saw a tweet about it, clicked on the article, read the first couple of paragraphs, and couldn't go farther.

Very tragic, and to think it could have been prevented. Their railways have such a bad reputation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back