IL IL - Cook Co., WhtMale UP10002, 55-75, crooked nose, gapped teeth, Jul'08

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10002

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

The Cook County Sheriff’s office seeks the public’s help in identifying the skeletal remains of a man found four years ago near west suburban Cicero.

Landscapers discovered the skeletal remains in a remote wooded area near Pershing Road and Central Avenue in July 2008, <snip>. It is estimated that the body was in the area for three to eight months before being discovered.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/16425565-418/story.html

I don't have any possibles for this, but since LE has requested the publics assistance via MSM I like to add a thread when that occurs.

Hopefully someone will recognize him and he'll have his name back soon.

I looked through NamUs using age and height as possible identifiers. I looked for heights ranging from 5’0 to 5’6. Because this UID was rather short for a man, I figured they’d either just remember him as being “really short”, or he (like most short men I know) lied about his height and added a couple of inches when he was asked how tall he was. I looked for men who disappeared between 2005 and when the UID was found. I found a couple of possibilities:

1) Dion Mike Napier (NamUs)
- went missing in Seattle, Washington on December 9th 2007
- between 5’1” and 5’6”
- aged 48 when he went missing
- brown hair
- Circumstances: No contact since 2007. Last known to be in Seattle after a trip to Portland OR.

The LKA is a bit far but because he travelled to different states before, I decided to add him.

Original

(Picture from when he was 30)

2) Daniel Leroy Kuhfal (NamUs)
- went missing from the Mt. Clemens area in Michigan
- between 5’2” and 5’3”
- aged 47
- brown hair
- Circumstances: not much info, it just says that he went missing from the Mt. Clemens area and that he was kind.

Original

(In the picture his nose seems to be off center to me. Perhaps it was ‘crooked’)

3) Serafin Martinez (NamUs)
- went missing from Knoxville, Tennessee in August 2007
- between 5’3” and 5’5”
- aged 40
- brown hair
- has a missing toe on an unknown foot (unknown which toe)
- Circumstances: Hasn't been seen or heard from since August of 2007 when he was taking a Greyhound bus to Chicago, ILINOIS. His family says he never showed up and they have had no contact with him.

I couldn’t find a picture of him. I don’t know if the missing toe is an automatic rule-out but the fact that he went missing while supposedly travelling to Ilinois really stood out to me.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Could someone please list the current rule-outs for this UID? Thanks.

2) Daniel Leroy Kuhfal (NamUs)
- went missing from the Mt. Clemens area in Michigan
- between 5’2” and 5’3”
- aged 47
- brown hair
- Circumstances: not much info, it just says that he went missing from the Mt. Clemens area and that he was kind.

Just a note: thread started for Daniel Kuhfal.
MI - Daniel Leroy Kuhfal, 47, MP10420, Mt. Clemens, 19 Nov 2006

Still listed as unidentified in NamUs.

Date body found: July 24, 2008
Location Found:
Stickney Township, Illinois
Estimated Age Range (Years): 55-75
Estimated Year of Death: 2007-2008
Estimated PMI: 3 Months
Height: 5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated

Circumstances of Recovery:
Skeletal remains found in grassy area near Metropolitan Water Reclamation District.

Inventory of Remains:
All parts recovered

Hair: Brown
Description:
Hair color was a light grayish brown.

Clothing: Decedent was fully clothed in blue pinstripe pants, black leather belt and a light colored flannel shirt (color could not be discerned).

Footwear: Black leather shoes (size 8).

Jewelry: Wearing a gold colored watch on left wrist.

The story doesn't seem to add up and he would have been running around a long time between date of missing and found, but could this be him?
He injured his nose and in one of the pictures it looks like there is gap in his teeth?

The story doesn't seem to add up and he would have been running around a long time between date of missing and found, but could this be him?
He injured his nose and in one of the pictures it looks like there is gap in his teeth?

I think the time frame and circumstances don't add up. He would have had to start a new life without his vehicle nor money while in poor health and battling depression. And his gun went missing in FL. IMO he lost his battle there in FL not long after going missing. Such a sad case.

JMO, though, and I do think this UID wasn't reported missing in IL (unless the report was lost.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back