1129 users online (232 members and 897 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Christopher Davis, 2, dies after finding loaded gun, Port Charlotte, 18 Nov 2012

Another child gone.

If a baby can crawl, he could grab a gun & shoot it. (MOO) If minors are in the house, there is no excuse for an unsecured firearm.

PORT CHARLOTTE, Florida -- November 18, 2012
    Charlotte County authorities are investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy who they say found an unsecured gun and shot himself. http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/De...179854701.html

Trigger locks are an absolute necessity when there are children around. A gun safe is an even better item to have.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

So frickin preventable.

People are idiots IMO

Responsible gun ownership.

Its a must.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

video. a little more info. investigation continues. it happened in the middle of the night. why wasn't a 3 year old tucked in asleep?

http://www.abc-7.com/story/20129377/...r-fatally-shot

I noticed the auto in the driveway did not have a tag. I do not know what that means.

Sad.

I don't own a gun, never held a gun.

Does a 3 year old have the strength to pull the trigger? Is it that easy to do? TIA
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Sad.

Does a 3 year old have the strength to pull the trigger? Is it that easy to do? TIA
    Some guns do have a hair trigger, but yea, I asked myself the same question.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

If lifted by the trigger, I think the weight of the gun could cause it to go off. Of course, this depends on the type of gun & the trigger strength. Some have locking mechanisms. Obviously, this one was not engaged.

The sad fact is, none of that should matter because the weapon should have been in a locked box on the top shelf of the closet!

I am very pro gun rights. But this is just crazy. What is wrong with parents today. There are gun locks and gun safes. He is three, even putting in on top of a tall dresser would have prevented him from getting the gun and keeping it unloaded. This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Sad.

Depends on the gun. Some guns triggers are extremely easy to pull while others take several pounds of pressure to do so. There are even guns that will only fire with your finger print but they are very expensive. And gun safes that only open with your finger print Touch and they are not too much more than a regular gun safe. Unacceptable!

wonder if this was a domestic and the child was shot accidentally? something seems off with the time being in the middle of the night...just wondering out loud...jmho...

what seems off to me is that a loaded gun was ever ever ever laying around the house in a location where an errant toddler could get hold of it. Ridiculous.

MOO what was anyone in that household doing up at 3 am with a loaded unsecured gun laying around? Drugs? What on earth happened here? Not much detail to go on but this household is odd to me.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Could be a "**** thing" too meaning ****s came over to party, knock boots, whatever and left their pants on the floor with the firearm in them. Kid finds gun on floor and "bang".

That happened recently here in Macon. After the kid was shot the half dozen adults present at the time hid the gun and called 911.

But the gun lobby says

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    But the gun lobby says

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

In case you missed it the headline reads: 3-year-old Boy Found Gun, Shot Himself It doesn't say "Firearm Shoots Boy in Sudden Attack".

Irresponsible and/or murderous people kill people. Guns are simply the tool.

I want to know more about this one but if posters make it about gun control the thread will get shut down so that is my only cmment about the guns/no guns topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast