NY NY - SALVATORE PERRONE, the "Son of Sal", 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn shop owner shot dead; cops eye whether killer involved in other store shootings (NY Daily News)
The victim was working at She She Inc. on Flatbush Ave. at Linden
Blvd. in Flatbush when he was shot with a .22-caliber gun, sources said.

An elderly Brooklyn boutique owner was fatally shot in the head in his store Friday night, officials and witnesses said, and sources noted the killing may be linked to two others.

Cops are investigating the possibility the killer in Friday’s slaying is the same person who murdered two borough store owners over the summer, sources said.
---
It was not immediately clear if the gunman robbed the store.

Police sources described the killer as careful and methodical, noting the absence of store surveillance cameras.
---
more at the link, with info re: earlier two murders

Daily Mail has the victim's name, along with sketch of possible suspect:

Police hunt 'serial killer' after New York City boutique owner is the THIRD victim to be killed with same gun

Cops eye ‘8’ link to string of murders in Brooklyn (New York Post)
A suspected serial killer is on the loose after gunning down three Brooklyn shopkeepers with business addresses that share the digit “eight,” sources told The Post.
---
“We’re definitely looking into the number-eight angle,” a law-enforcement source said. “But we’re not any closer to solving the case because of it.”
---
Store owners near the latest killing that have an eight in their addresses are in a panic.

“My store has eight in the address. I just have to open my eyes bigger and bigger,” said one store owner who gave only his first name, Albert, because he was too terrified. “We can’t lock the door. People see the door locked, they walk away.”
this and more at link above

---
The first murder took place July 6 in Bay Ridge, where shopkeeper Mohamed Gebeli, 65, was gunned down inside Valentino Fashion at 7718 5th Ave. The second killing occurred nearly a month later on Aug. 2 in Bensonhurst, where business owner Issac Kadare, 59, was found dead inside Amazing 99 Cents Deal Shop at 1877 86th St. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Gebelli and Kadare were found with materials from their businesses -- like clothing, baking dishes and boxes -- covering them.
---
ktla.com, w/video

This is a weird set of connections for a serial killer. He is going after boutique owners with eight in the address?

I wonder if it was someone turned down for a job by a boutique owner and he is going after them for revenge.

The mystery of the "8" - which probably is coincidence and not a mystery at all, though one can hope - is what elevates the interest here, I think.

Hope they catch him before another victim's found.

Fernando Mateo of the Bodega Association of the U.S. said they were sending copies of the police sketch to their members but were mostly concerned with those fitting the previous victim's description.

'The only members that we would be concerned about are Middle Easterners,' he said.

It's also possible the killer has a fascination with numerology, as the address for each homicide includes the number 8: Kadare at 1877 86th St., Gebeli at 7718 5th Ave., and Rahmatollah at 834 Flatbush Ave.

None of the stores had working surveillance cameras.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lyn-store-owners-murder-linked-shootings.html

If it is true that it is the same gun then I would say it is a serial killer, I do wonder why Issac Kadare was also stabbed.

---
"I was shocked when I heard the word serial killer," said City Councilman Jumaane Williams. "It's not a word you hear often in New York City."
---

Williams must not remember David Berkowitz.
I googled Jumaane Williams. Interesting guy. Not sure when the page linked was published but he's somewhere in the 34-36 age range now, it looks like. One of Son of Sam's "years" ('76-'77) might have been the year of JW's birth.

Police say in all three cases the gunman targeted stores without surveillance cameras owned by men of Middle Eastern descent. He used the same .22 caliber gun to shoot the victims in the head, neck or chest, and then covered each of their bodies with merchandise from their stores.

From wfgodot's link

They need to look at other stores that have cams to get pictures of him looking around, I'm sure there are some.

The FBI has joined the hunt for a suspected serial killer who has murdered three Middle Eastern shopkeepers in Brooklyn, sources told The Post yesterday.

The development came as the NYPD released surveillance photos of four passers-by whom cops said they want to question in the most recent slaying, Friday. Authorities said the two men and two women are not considered suspects but were near the Flatbush store before owner Rahmatollah Vahidipour’s body was found inside at 7:11 p.m.

Federal agents in New York began assisting the NYPD after ballistics tests showed that the same .22-caliber handgun was used in all three slayings, one law-enforcement official said yesterday.

The agents have not called in serial-killer experts from the FBI’s famed lab in Quantico, Va., the source said, adding, “It’s still very early in the FBI’s involvement.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/fbi_nypd_team_up_in_crazy_hunt_MPVHhVQy3vpHxpRTTVxCcK

Maybe Williams doesn't like Spike Lee pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a-E4Q9CHSk
A flawed effort from the Spikester was "Summer of Sam." JW may have seen it and staggered out of the theater trying to get the image of Adrien Brody stripping to the Who's 'Baba O'Reilly' out of his mind - based entirely on the wrong choice of song. One thing leads to another and, a dozen years later, serial killer amnesia slips in! It happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back