935 users online (167 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Suicide Group

http://www.exitinternational.net/

Wow, reading this link was disturbing. Which I find odd because I actually am for euthanasia.

Reminded me of Soylent Green.....especially the Fiji option

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I guess their taken over Dr. Kevorkian's job. I really hate to say this but some people are in such excruciating pain that they just want to die. People know they are terminally ill and nothing is going to make it better. I know suicide is wrong, but when you are in such bad pain that nothing but death is going to help, then I think you should let that person go.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I guess their taken over Dr. Kevorkian's job. I really hate to say this but some people are in such excruciating pain that they just want to die. People know they are terminally ill and nothing is going to make it better. I know suicide is wrong, but when you are in such bad pain that nothing but death is going to help, then I think you should let that person go.
    I don't think suicide is wrong under the conditions you describe.

I totally agree. It should be a legal option.

It's just creepy to read that site. I suppose it has to do with conditioning growing up American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I totally agree. It should be a legal option.

It's just creepy to read that site. I suppose it has to do with conditioning growing up American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is legal in some states. I read a study on the Oregon assisted suicide law (there the docs give the patient a script for a lethal dose of barbiturates and they can take it at home at their discretion).

One of the main things that study found was that doctors became MUCH MORE concerned with pain management presumably as they did not want to write the scripts or have their patients offing themselves. I watched a documentary on a couple that went to Switzerland, the husband had some sort of debilitating disease that eventually left him unable to move -- in cases like that having it as a legal option is very important as the individuals can not do it themselves (or they have to do it early on, before they want to die simply because they won't be able to due it later).

Surprisingly there were very few actual suicides from that program. Most of the folks that want to die due to pain or declining health (terminally ill or the elderly) have access to plenty of drugs that could be used for an overdose anyway.