1228 users online (241 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

Lost in the Woods

Man accused of speeding calls police after getting lost

MONROE, La. (AP) Jerry Wayne Till managed to get away from sheriff's deputies and elude them briefly until he called them for help after he got lost in the woods.
    A sheriff's deputy tried to pull over Till on Wednesday evening for speeding, but Till drove away, exceeding 100 mph at times, before eventually abandoning his vehicle and running into the woods, according to the arrest affidavit.
    Deputies brought in search dogs, but couldn't locate Till until he called the sheriff's office from his cell phone asking for help because he was lost.
    Deputies still couldn't find him, until a nearby resident heard Till crying for help and called the authorities.
    Maj. Jay Russell said deputies believe Till was heading to his home, but got misdirected in the woods. Deputies took him into custody about a quarter mile from the house of the deputy who tried to pull him over.
    Till, who was charged with aggravated flight and driving with an expired license, told deputies that he didn't pull over because he wasn't thinking straight.

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0204/speed_ap.html

You could say that again.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

someone

someone should get this guy a GPS for his birthday. He sounds just stupid enough to try it again
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight