1219 users online (258 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

'Dirty Jobs' cancelled by Discovery

This makes me sad.....I love Mike Rowe!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/21/di...lle/?hpt=hp_t3

“A few weeks ago, I was officially informed that Dirty Jobs had entered into a new phase,” Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe wrote in a blog post. “One I like to call, ‘permanent hiatus.’ Or in the more popular industry vernacular, canceled … Dirty Jobs is a very personal show, and it’s difficult for me to imagine a future that does not involve exploding toilets, venomous snakes, misadventures in animal husbandry, and feces from every species"

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    This makes me sad.....I love Mike Rowe!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/21/di...lle/?hpt=hp_t3

“A few weeks ago, I was officially informed that Dirty Jobs had entered into a new phase,” Dirty Jobs host Mike Rowe wrote in a blog post. “One I like to call, ‘permanent hiatus.’ Or in the more popular industry vernacular, canceled … Dirty Jobs is a very personal show, and it’s difficult for me to imagine a future that does not involve exploding toilets, venomous snakes, misadventures in animal husbandry, and feces from every species"
    I liked the host Mike Rowe too, but I have to say I never really saw the point of the show. I guess I just never felt the 'need to know' about the things he covered. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

Aw man *poutty emoticon*

I love mike rowe. Love the show and will even watch the reruns. Hate mike in the car commercials.

I guess that is all I'll have left now.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

This is GREAT! Now my dream of Mike, Alton Brown and the Duck Dynasty guys moving into my subdivision can get started!

Seriously, Mike's commitment to showing honest, unglamorous labor - and promoting the trades is inspiring. Hopefully, he's still the 'voice' of Deadliest Catch.

Yeah but hearing him narate, while still pleasant, and I do love Deadliest Catch, in part bacause of mike, is not the same as seeing him and hearing him.

I love his humor, goofy though it is. He's not too hard on the eye either.

Um just noticed the run on sentence from h*ll up there. Sorry bout that.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Damn. Mike is so yummy. Even doing the dirtiest of jobs he still looked good.

Mike got his start in the Baltimore/Wash. metro area doing a real estate show and local commercials. He always had charisma.
    Go to YouTube and google Mike Rowe QVC...he worked there for a time and the videos are hilarious. He didn't take it too seriously and I double over esp. the video about the Precious Moments figurines. He clearly was confident in his ability to find a new job because he had a great time on air!

Rewatching some....."this is like Rohrschack jewelry"....he is hilarious.......

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    Damn. Mike is so yummy. Even doing the dirtiest of jobs he still looked good.
    Yes, yes, yes! I love him!

I didn't watch the show religiously but it was good, mainly because of his humor and good looks.

Huge bummer.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by abstr View Post
    Mike got his start in the Baltimore/Wash. metro area doing a real estate show and local commercials. He always had charisma.
    Go to YouTube and google Mike Rowe QVC...he worked there for a time and the videos are hilarious. He didn't take it too seriously and I double over esp. the video about the Precious Moments figurines. He clearly was confident in his ability to find a new job because he had a great time on air!
    I had no idea he was on QVC. Off to youtube!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I proudly state that I am a "Dirty Girl".. Mike Rowe is a funny guy, I like the show, grossness and all. It had a good run....and I suspect he won't be unemployed for long.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Watched the QVC Precious Moments clip. Oh Em Gee, I laughed so hard I cried, literally. As if Precious Moments weren't stupid enough (sorry) he made them hilarious!!

Justice for Travis

I am sad, I love Mike Rowe...

O/T maybe he can tell me a good place to hide my husband after I figure out how to make up a plausible story as to why he's "missing," LOL...He seriously needs a new hobby besides pestering me every three seconds.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.