1222 users online (239 members and 983 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358

    groundhog day

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-vanished.html


    read with a huge pinch of salt, as ever

    I have no comment as its not worthy of any apart from to say there are a million things wrong with this story and the misreporting and the contradictions from when it was first reported

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    Yes, one really has to imagine why the police want to question a convicted child rapist with a history of sedating his child victims who was living near PDL at the time of the abduction, had boasted of knowing people who would take a child from him for money, who admitted going to morocco shortly after the abduction, and then fled the country to germany (not even stopping for long when a child of his died en route according to reports) and refused to be questioned or provide an alibi.
    Instead it seems the police should be focusing on an international conspiracy involving everyone from the US government to the mccanns friend's friend's mother. If it was not so tragic the conspiracies theories would be funny.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Dont be so silly

    The article is full of hearsay and speculation even basic facts are ignored and other facts sensationalised and exagerated some outright lies, but you carry on thinking its relevant i mean whats another patsy or suspect when they dont fit the bill in any way shape or form and all we have is half concocted sun half truths and fabrications, oh well, boring, maybe a patsy is in the wind leading to the closedown of the review, regurgitating three four yr old stories and spinning them is a sign of, well, groundhog day, isnt the first time theyve done it, rehashed an old story and changed vital facts

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    This is all apparently, based on this bit -

    When he was confronted by private detectives Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, working on behalf of Maddie's devastated parents Kate and Gerry McCann, he refused to answer their questions on provide an alibi, it was reported.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2DATD4kOh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

    That's it...that's the "evidence".

    If two clowns came to my home demanding I provide an alibi for 2 years previously you know what I'd do...

    Not provide one. Not speak to these strangers who come along demanding details of my life with no authority whatsoever. Tell them to get off my property.

    Who the hell do these people think they are????

    Now they're picking on someone who cannot answer back, not that he ever intended to , and I don't blame him.

    Apparently now that's all the McCann needs to declare guilt.

    No proof, ever, just mud slinging.

    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    If it was Hewlett Jane Tanner got the abductor's age way wrong.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    If it was Hewlett Jane Tanner got the abductor's age way wrong.
    So did the Smiths.

    And the general description. There is no way he was of fit and athletic build with a full head of long luscious hair, and of mediterranean appearance as Tanner described, just five years ago.

    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    This is all apparently, based on this bit -

    When he was confronted by private detectives Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, working on behalf of Maddie's devastated parents Kate and Gerry McCann, he refused to answer their questions on provide an alibi, it was reported.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2DATD4kOh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

    That's it...that's the "evidence".

    If two clowns came to my home demanding I provide an alibi for 2 years previously you know what I'd do...

    Not provide one. Not speak to these strangers who come along demanding details of my life with no authority whatsoever. Tell them to get off my property.

    Who the hell do these people think they are????

    Now they're picking on someone who cannot answer back, not that he ever intended to , and I don't blame him.

    Apparently now that's all the McCann needs to declare guilt.

    No proof, ever, just mud slinging.

    theres no evidence they even interviewed him, the hospital turned them away, you will find 99 per cent of all this is fabricated sun nonsense

    The man was a sexual predator for sure was convicted and spent time in prison for assaulting teenage girls in parks not taking toddlers from their beds for sex or selling them, its pathetic

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    If it was Hewlett Jane Tanner got the abductor's age way wrong.
    That didnt stop the stink pr machine creating false links, now why would the pr machine of innocent parents create false links??? Not rocket science is it

    they linked this man with photofits by tanner and another dodgy so called witness who saw a charity collector who gaveher thecreeps and in the end it was the same man, hey presto, magic maddies abductor only none of it added up at all, yawn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    636
    What is interesting for me is that the "crack" Private Investigators that the McCanns hired, were all over this RH story a couple of years back, but then it all went very quiet.
    Now RH is dead, there is no worry of libel on a dead man.
    It doesnt say much for the investigators Edgar and whatever he was called, if they couldn't find anything to link him and interest any of the three Police forces interested at the time (Portuguese UK and German) yet now, years later, we are presented with the rehashing of the same information.
    The people who flagged RH up and "found him" in Germany also found Bin Ladens lair in Pakistan prior to finding "Madeleines abductor" how odd!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    he looked quite different in old photos I have seen of him from 2007. He got cancer a while later and became quite different looking, much more haggard, in the year or so before he died.

    He died in 2010, a couple of years ago, which is when you say the story went quiet. so why is it suspicious the investigators no longer tried to question him, it would be a bit difficult to question a dead man. And why is it suspicious that the new investigation is looking at him again, they can do much more than civilian investigators, and shoudl not just ignore information just because the PJ or civilian investigators looked at it.

    I shoudl also point out that as far as libel goes, as he already had a record, for child abduction, child rape (inc. at gun point and after chemical sedation of his victim), it would be unikely a court woudl rule his being linked ot a child abduction was defamatory. For libel to occur it has to be defmatory in such a way it would lessen you in the eyes of others, as well as untrue, therefore due to his criminal record being linked to a similar crime is not going to have lessened anyone's opinion of him.

    At the end of the day a child abductor lived near the area of an abducted child and left the country shortly after. It would be irresponsible of the police not to investigate him and his movements.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247


    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...isiting-395741

    In these 2007 photos he doesn't look like a cancer patient but still quite a bit older than 35 imo.

    This photo is undated but I think he must be a lot younger in it:


    But it was dark and she didn't see very well so Jane Tanner could very well have made a one-size-fits-all sighting. *sigh*

    IDK. Introducing random gypsies into it makes it sound like an old pervert getting weird kicks imagining himself somehow involved in a world famous missing child case. But I could be wrong.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    I agree, but gypsies are often a good scapegoat in these sort of cases. They have been blame din the Ben Needham case too. I do however think that the police shoudl look at him just for his history and proximity, and he is not that far off the description given both were made at night in oddly lit areas. I also would not be surpised if someone involved wanted to boast but do so in a way they thought would not pin the blame on them - in a "I know what happened, but was not involved myself" type way. I did read ages ago that it is not uncommon in well known crimes for the perpatrator to try to boast in this way.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    Quote Originally Posted by fabgod View Post
    What is interesting for me is that the "crack" Private Investigators that the McCanns hired, were all over this RH story a couple of years back, but then it all went very quiet.
    Now RH is dead, there is no worry of libel on a dead man.
    It doesnt say much for the investigators Edgar and whatever he was called, if they couldn't find anything to link him and interest any of the three Police forces interested at the time (Portuguese UK and German) yet now, years later, we are presented with the rehashing of the same information.
    The people who flagged RH up and "found him" in Germany also found Bin Ladens lair in Pakistan prior to finding "Madeleines abductor" how odd!
    Let us not forget the boast of their original "detective agency", Metodo 3, a shady outfit who declared they knew who took her (no mention of RH) and would have Madeleine back in time for Christmas.

    McCanns' private detectives: 'We know who took Madeleine - and she'll be home by Christmas'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2DGS2xT00
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook



    And the ever-present Tanner, who with her buddies also incriminated and ruined the life of the first and most publicised scapegoat, one Robert Murat, who is now looking for some restitution.

    EXPAT IS TO SUE TAPAS BAR FRIENDS
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...as-bar-friends


    His life has been "shattered". He wanted to help, he alleges, but ended up as an arguido. Now he tries to find a direction. But that night in 2007 continues to persecute him.
    by Idálio Revez
    05 March 2010
    Thanks to Astro for translation
    Robert Murat, three years after Maddie's disappearance, in Praia da Luz, still has his life "shattered" because he was "at the wrong place, at the wrong time".
    The first suspect of being involved in the child's disappearance was this English man, aged 36, for whom being made arguido earned him a condemnation from public opinion that he never freed himself from. In an interview to Público, the first one that he gives to a member of the media since the English child's disappearance, leaves a question in the air that robs him of his sleep until this day: "Three of the McCanns' friends were at the PJ, saying that they had seen me there, that night [May 3, 2007]. What I ask is why did they lie?".

    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id218.html


    Why indeed?



    Murat is a proven innocent party, who was there, directly accusing the Tapas of lying. Someone who was purposely and erronously incriminated by them, just like RH is now, indeed has won a huge libel settlement from collective British tabloids.

    But I suppose he's lying too. Just like Amaral.

    If Hewlett was a pedophile I have zero sympathy for him, but it is just insane to imagine the now deceased wreck of a human called Raymond Hewlett was a "athletic", fit mediterrenean with a full head of flowing locks only 5 years ago.

    Anyway he didn't like little girls. He liked teenagers...yet another glaringly contradictory detail that is ground to dust by the PR machine that is Team McCann.

    The McCann defence is based entirely on mud-slinging. They offer no counter-evidence, as there isn't any. Just accusations and stone-walling.



    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    636
    Hmm,
    Raymond Hewlett, hardly looks or sounds like Jane Tanners description of "the abductor", but then as sapphiresteel points out, she was also pretty adamant that it was Robert Murat too.
    Donjeta posted photos of RH from 2007, he was balding with a pony tail, surely that cannot be spun to being as Tanner stated,
    Dark skinned individual, male sex, aged between 35 – 40, slim physical appearance, about 1.70m tall. Very dark, thick hair, longer at the back (she could only see him from behind).
    oh, wait, longer at the back, that in some peoples eyes could easily be claimed as being a ponytail lol
    oh and also the very dark thick hair, could easily be balding grey hair
    http://www.mccannfiles.com/id30.html

    On a serious note, I'm pretty sure if Tanner had seen Hewlett from the back she would have pointed out a ponytail, she didn't, therefore common sense would surely say that the man carrying a child didn't have a ponytail.
    Last edited by fabgod; 11-25-2012 at 04:48 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    he looked quite different in old photos I have seen of him from 2007. He got cancer a while later and became quite different looking, much more haggard, in the year or so before he died.

    He died in 2010, a couple of years ago, which is when you say the story went quiet. so why is it suspicious the investigators no longer tried to question him, it would be a bit difficult to question a dead man. And why is it suspicious that the new investigation is looking at him again, they can do much more than civilian investigators, and shoudl not just ignore information just because the PJ or civilian investigators looked at it.

    I shoudl also point out that as far as libel goes, as he already had a record, for child abduction, child rape (inc. at gun point and after chemical sedation of his victim), it would be unikely a court woudl rule his being linked ot a child abduction was defamatory. For libel to occur it has to be defmatory in such a way it would lessen you in the eyes of others, as well as untrue, therefore due to his criminal record being linked to a similar crime is not going to have lessened anyone's opinion of him.

    At the end of the day a child abductor lived near the area of an abducted child and left the country shortly after. It would be irresponsible of the police not to investigate him and his movements.
    Putting words in peoples mouths again?
    Where did I post that it was suspicious
    Where did I post that it was in 2010
    I would suggest that rather than trying to make erronous claims on my behalf, that you concentrate on your own posts TIA


    I wonder if the RH investigation that Scotland yard have not commented on interestingly, came after they had exhausted the psychic leads?

    Finally, It doesn't matter if someone had history or not regarding libel, if something is printed as "fact" against a living person, that is not fact, it can be deemed libellous, nobody can state a lie as truth, no matter what their history.
    Obviously, if someone has history of abuse, they should be looked at and were as far as I can make out, the manner in which this person was brought to the publics attention, makes the credibility more than a little suspect imo.
    Who knows maybe they really did find Bin Laden and then found the most notorious child abductor whilst on holidays eh?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 389
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 12:49 AM