Australia Australia - Emma Pawelski, 30, Adelaide, 26 Nov 2005

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
November 24, 2012

HANNAH McKell doesn't want her big sister, Emma, to be forgotten. Nor does she want her to become just another of SA's unsolved murders.
Above all, she wants Emma's killer to be brought to justice.
Like the Major Crime detectives probing Emma Pawelski's 2005 murder, she has a fair idea who may be responsible. But frustratingly, she knows police need more evidence.
Emma Pawelski, 30, was last seen alive on November 26, 2005. Her body was found in the Mt Crawford forest eight days later. Police have a suspect - a man well-known to Emma.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ds-sister-hannah/story-e6frea83-1226523418976

Appeal for information in connection with 2005 murder of Emma Pawelski

Major Crime investigators have recently received information in their ongoing investigation into the murder of Adelaide woman Emma Jade Pawelski.

The 30-year-old’s body was found by a bushwalker in the Mt Crawford forest near Williamstown late on a Sunday afternoon in December 2005.

The last positive sighting of Emma was on Saturday, November 26 when she was seen walking along Regency Road, Prospect carrying a cat.

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/comp...ormation-re-2005-murder-of-emma-pawelski.html

Eight people have contacted Crime Stoppers with potential information on the murder of Ms Pawelski, whose badly-beaten and burned body was founda in Mt Crawford forest near Williamstown on December 4, 2005.

Police have not disclosed the nature of the information provided in the calls, which came less than 24 hours after Acting Premier John Rau today announced the $200,000 reward for any information leading to an arrest.

Despite police identifying a person of interest, nobody has ever been arrested.

ADAM HEGARTY, ANDREW DOWDELL
THE ADVERTISER
JULY 10, 2013 12:11PM

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...osts-200k-reward/story-fni6uo1m-1226677072978

From Twitter ...
Ten News Adelaide (@TenNewsADEL)
10/07/13 2:32 PM
Police receive eight phone calls after offering a 200-thousand dollar reward to help solve the Emma Pawelski murder mystery. #tennews

I'd never heard of this case. Very sad and frustrating as it sounds like there is simply not enough evidence to prosecute.
This might sound silly, but I was wondering if Emma's cat was ever located or whether it simply disappeared? Was wondering if Emma had it microchipped and whether that could somehow help the investigation with location or linkage to people involved (they might have given it to someone who has changed the chip details to their own and you could track backwards that way). Or perhaps it was killed and if that's the case did the local council pick it up? Not sure if they would do chip checks on cat carcasses but if they do they might be able to say where Emma was murdered. Most likely a long shot I know, but just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nov 30, 2023
1701357292211.png
Emma Pawelski was 30 years old when she was killed in 2005. (9News)

''The sister of an Adelaide cold case murder victim has made a desperate plea to the public for answers, visiting the forest where her sister's body was found almost two decades ago.
Emma Pawelski was 30 years old when her bashed and partially-burned body was discovered by a bushwalker in a remote part of the Mount Crawford Forest in December 2005.
Nearly two decades on, the killer still hasn't been caught and her sister, Hannah McKell, is more determined than ever to get answers.''

''Emma was last seen alive walking along near Regency Road at Prospect eight days before her body was found.
Hannah, who was 15 at the time, recalls the moment her family's lives changed forever.
"I was in my room and Mum just bellowed out crying and I can't forget that still, I can hear that like it was yesterday," she said.''

''No one has ever been charged over Emma's murder, but police believe she was killed elsewhere before her body was dumped in the forest.
"They went there with the intention to dump her body and again being night time they made this choice, just drive up there and just dispose of her like she was nothing," Hannah said.
"I just want Emma to know that I love her so much and we really want this solved."
A $200,000 reward is on offer for information leading to an arrest.
Those with information are urged to contact Crime Stoppers.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back