GUILTY IA - Bentley Randall, 2, dies of traumatic injuries, Dubuque, 23 Nov 2012

Aw sheesh. Poor lil one.

Neglect? Not abuse?

WTH?

Mybe they are holding of on charges for the burns etc being administered to see if more charges are appropriate, such as murder if the child dies?

I am stymied by the only charge being neglect so far. Thats the only explaination I can come up with as to why.

Darn it I cant see the comments with this tablet. Argg.

Wow! The wounds were consistent with being submerged in hot water according to this article.

Article

Bentley's mother, Kylee Vandermuelen, 20, of Dubuque, reportedly left Bentley with Reed, her boyfriend, on Friday. When she returned and learned of her son's condition, she transported him to the hospital, according to the police report.

Police found methamphetamine and marijuana at Reed's residence and executed a second search warrant related to the narcotics. As a result, Reed received the additional charges.

Reed told police Bentley wasn't feeling well so he gave him a bath, using a hand-held shower head.

He says that's when he noticed the water temperature was "super hot".

Baxter said, "We are fairly certain that his injuries were at the hands of someone else and we feel that we have that person in custody. "

Reed's 11-year-old daughter was also home at the time. She told police Reed and Bentley were locked inside the bathroom for 30 minutes. She told police she could hear the sound of Bentley's head hitting the bathtub.

Reed also faces drug charges because police say they found meth-making materials and marijuana in his home. Police are not sure if he was under the influence at the time of the incident. Reed is set to appear in court Tuesday morning.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Upda...topsy-Results-Charges-Pending--180938031.html

Poor little guy. Another mom, another fatal choice of leaving her infant with her druggie boyfriend.

94d23cb3-6ad0-4bdb-b6d5-a57a1c27996f_zps228a9575.jpg

http://www.kcrg.com/subject/news/fa...ion-on-anniversary-of-toddlers-death-20141125

It’s been two years since Bentley Randall, 2, of Dubuque died from severe burns and head trauma. Today, his family still is fighting for justice.

Bentley died right after he was in the care of his mother’s then-boyfriend Nicholas Reed, 36. Reed originally faced a first-degree murder charge in the boy’s death. But last year Dubuque County prosecutors dropped that charge, citing not enough evidence to convict. Reed still is facing drug and child neglect charges.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/dubuque-family-speaks-out-about-toddlers-death-224811842.html

"She told me that the murder charge got dropped," said Bentley's great aunt Angela Ingles. "I was just shocked. I was just like -- because I always just thought it would be a shut and closed case, like, you know, we got the man," said Bentley's grandma Candy Ingles.

Thank you for updating this story and for including the photo. Heartbreaking. So sad to see the more severe charges were dropped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back