Sensitive documents found in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade confetti

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/26/us/new-york-confidential-confetti/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Sensitive documents found in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade confetti
By Chris Boyette, CNN
updated 6:38 PM EST, Mon November 26, 2012

...Most shocking was that on the scraps of paper were pieces of sensitive information, including the names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, banking data, and other personal information about Nassau county police officers and detectives, some of whom are believed to be undercover, according to CNN affiliate WPIX, whom Finkelstein contacted along with the police after finding the pieces of sensitive material on Thursday.

Also found were notes about Mitt Romney's motorcade from the final presidential debate, which took place at Hofstra University in Nassau County in October....

i thought the whole point of a shredder was to make documents etc unreadable???

Hmm, the link is dead for me.

NVM, it has now appeared after saying it couldn't be found. Guess the article is a better kept secret than the papers were.

OBAMA KNEW ABOUT IT BEFORE THE ELECTION. j/k

Hmm, the link is dead for me.

NVM, it has now appeared after saying it couldn't be found. Guess the article is a better kept secret than the papers were.

Works fine for me. :waitasec:

OBAMA KNEW ABOUT IT BEFORE THE ELECTION. j/k

:floorlaugh:

But, seriously...yeah, they did a crappy job shredding. That said, I don't know that it's really an issue to get too wound up about. How many of the shredded document confetti has be reconstructed?

I think yep, definitely the city should re-evaluate their document shredding contractor.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back