Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Missing Persons Information & Support

We are a victim friendly site, their are no suspects or persons of interest at this point. We understand that sometimes it is frustrating not to be able to sleuth or speculate about a certain person (generally a family member) but in many, many cases, it has turned out that the certain person was not involved in any foul play. So until LE gives us an indication as to what they are thinking, pursuing, Dad is off limits here.

Thanks so much for understanding and please let me or any of the mods know if you have questions.

Thank you imamaze!

Bringing my post over from the last thread:

What would you call it if you dove in the areas marked, used sonar and nothing was found? Were the dogs correct? :dunno:

If I dove? Then I would say "I didn't find anything" ... not "The dogs are wrong" ...

Bodies have surfaced after dive teams searched. We don't know who was "wrong" here. Only that nothing was found.

It's all in the words, Ransom. I'm not arguing with you.

:seeya:

We can do that ? Bring our posts over? I will too since it was at the very end and I'd like anyone's thoughts on it. tks for the tip ;)

Hey All, I've been away awhile. One thing bothering me in all of these posts is this ' 4 hours of errands' dad ran. A lot of folks seem to think this is unusual or too much time. I live in a fairly isolated rural place, similar to the dad's house. Four hours is not a ton of time when you think that it takes 30 min to get to the town where errands can be run and another 30 to get back. That's 1 hr of time wasted right there. With it being holiday week he could have had many things to do, shopping, banking, post office. Perhaps with a week or several days off of work, he had to tidy up some work loose ends as well, dropping off files or papers related to being away from work for the week. So I don't find four hours of errands that HUGE an amount of time. Stop at a starbucks or a mcdonalds for lunch and you're wasted easily 4 hours.

That being said, I'm suspicious of dad for other reasons, just not the 4 hours !

I was thinking before that for the judge to grant full custody to mom it must have been because dad had done something bad or wrong, but is it possible it was only to accommodate mom's move further away ? To make it easier since they were no longer living close enough for weekend visits?

As for the possibility of dad doing something to relieve himself of child support, I do not know if that makes sense since the court proceedings to 'grant ' him the holiday visit likely cost a lot. Child custody cases are very expensive. Anyone wanting to reduce child support would not go to court for minor things when they are going to cost 2 or 300$ per hour for an attorney to handle those for you.
Just some observations.. Thoughts?

We need to be very careful in how we discuss the Dad or any family member here. No one is a suspect at this point. Sleuthing and discussing a family member as such is not allowed at this point.

We can discuss what is known from the media of course.

Just a reminder...

I was thinking before that for the judge to grant full custody to mom it must have been because dad had done something bad or wrong, but is it possible it was only to accommodate mom's move further away ? To make it easier since they were no longer living close enough for weekend visits?
RSBM

Yes, the custody grant could have been for any number of reasons, including the move that mom made. It could also have been because Dylan requested it, since, at age 13 in a lot of states you are able to make that type of request in terms of custody (not that it's always granted of course.) We just don't know what the reason was, but there are certainly a few non-nefarious reasons why the mother would have been granted sole custody.

There are only 2 theories that work for me. #1. Dad did something #2. Dylan was abducted.

Why? After nearly a week, where would he runaway to? If he didn't want to be with dad, I have no doubt that IF he ran away he would contact his mother and/or brother. If he was with someone else, they would have surely spoken up by now. He would still likely have his phone and would be in contact with someone. He had made plans with his friends, this doesn't sound like someone who was going to runaway.

The cellphone being inactive within hours of being with the father is very telling, especially since he had texted his mother once the dad picked him up. Tells us that he did text mom and keep in touch so it makes no sense that the phone would be unused since 8pm. I wonder if they have gotten the last cell activity? I sure hope so.

In another article it was posted that Dad also had his phone off. Remind me again...if a cell phone is off, does it still ping? And if he was running errands for 4 HOURS, wouldn't he at some point call/text to check in with his son?

Dad also got home from errands around 11:30, but didn't report him missing until 5 or 6pm. Mother states she was called at 5:30pm. What was dad doing from 11:30-5??

RSBM

Yes, the custody grant could have been for any number of reasons, including the move that mom made. It could also have been because Dylan requested it, since, at age 13 in a lot of states you are able to make that type of request in terms of custody (not that it's always granted of course.) We just don't know what the reason was, but there are certainly a few non-nefarious reasons why the mother would have been granted sole custody.

I don't think here in Colorado a kid can decide at any age, parent can ask on kids behalf.

I don't think that anyone caused harm or got of rid of Dylan due to child support, I'm betting it was something that was said and someone flew off the handle and it went downhill from there.

If dad was out running errands, was Dylan supposedly up before he left?? Because I can see getting out and doing errands early - because most teens don't wake up until noonish anyway. I wish we had cell phone activity for both.

I would like to know if there are receipts or security camera footage of the father the day he was running errands. Did the father live alone? Were search dogs or cadaver dogs used at the house?

IMAMAZE , sorry . I see my little comment that should have not been there. I don't post often and forget some of the rules.
Also trying to show / figure out some other reasons for what may have been going on.
tks for the warning instead of the boot ;)

There are only 2 theories that work for me. #1. Dad did something #2. Dylan was abducted.

Why? After nearly a week, where would be runaway to? If he didn't want to be with dad, I have no doubt that IF he ran away he would contact his mother and/or brother. If he was with someone else, they would have surely spoken up by now. He would still likely have his phone and would be in contact with someone. He had made plans with his friends, this doesn't sound like someone who was going to runaway.

The cellphone being inactive within hours of being with the father is very telling, especially since he had texted his mother once the dad picked him up. Tells us that he did text mom and keep in touch so it makes no sense that the phone would be unused since 8pm. I wonder if they have gotten the last cell activity? I sure hope so.

In another article it was posted that Dad also had his phone off. Remind me again...if a cell phone is off, does it still ping? And if he was running errands for 4 HOURS, wouldn't he at some point call/text to check in with his son?

Dad also got home from errands around 11:30, but didn't report him missing until 5 or 6pm. Mother states she was called at 5:30pm. What was dad doing from 11:30-5??
bbm: iirc that was not in an article but in a comment under an article. Comments are not considered facts and should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

I don't think that anyone caused harm or got of rid of Dylan due to child support, I'm betting it was something that was said and someone flew off the handle and it went downhill from there.

Sadly most of the divorced men I know HATE HATE HATE paying child support. It is not the child they are angry at but the mother. They think of child support as giving the woman money that she is able to spend on anything she wants. Not saying I agree -- but that is how they think and how they talk to each other.

Sadly I don't think Dylan is alive. I hope there is evidence to convict the person who harmed him.

I would like to know if there are receipts or security camera footage of the father the day he was running errands. Did the father live alone? Were search dogs or cadaver dogs used at the house?

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/27/authorities-call-off-search-for-dylan-redwine-investigation-continues/

Police say Mark has been extremely cooperative, allowing a search of his home, among other things.

then we had this:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-dylan-redwine-whos-been-missing-since-monday
Posted: 11/21/2012

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around.

Then mom said this:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lorado-teen-dylan-redwine-planned-for-tuesday
Posted: 11/27/2012

Elaine Redwine also questions why the boy's father, Mark Redwine, had no clothing to offer search teams and K-9 units.

Don't know who told mom that but then we had this:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/news
November 26, 2012

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.
Note: no source ^^.

Bloodhounds have to have something to scent on. Unless, these were HRD dogs and they just wandered around with them smelling for human remains?

I'm at a loss. Maybe I need to go back to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What happened to Dylan's clothes that the dad had nothing for the dogs to scent on?

What happened to Dylan's clothes that the dad had nothing for the dogs to scent on?

Just throwing out a possibility. Dylan could have fallen asleep in the same clothes he was wearing .. woke up and left in the same clothes he was wearing (he IS 13) .. and all the clothes he brought with him were recently laundered.

I'm just not sure why they couldn't use whatever he slept on that night? Unless he fell asleep on the couch or on the floor or on a fouton mattress in the bedroom, or .......

Maybe they specifically want CLOTHING WORN by the person .. IDK..

imo

lol. I am definitely going back to bed. Forget more coffee. We have poor bloodhounds wandering around Co with nothing to scent on on Monday evening and Tuesday because mom said so and some unnamed source.

:eek:fftobed: for a nap.

Near the end of the last thread someone asked how long it takes for a body to surface. IIRC from reading up on it and following these types of cases, ten days is average during warm months. The colder and deeper the water it can take months. This lake is the type of lake where bodies never come up.

The fact that LE found nothing in that lake does not mean anything. It just means it's a cold deep lake.

Now if LE is now stating that they are confident that Dylan is not in the lake, well I'm going to guess it's because of other knowledge they have. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones