Holiday Train

~n/t~

Reaction score
Making a difference, one stop at a time

The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train has hit the rails again and will be visiting over 150 communities across our network. Each event features a boxcar stage, a lineup of great musical talent and a contribution to the local food bank. Everyone who attends is encouraged to donate food and money which stays in their community.

Since it's inception in 1999, we've raised more than $6.4 million and over 2.6 million pounds of food in the U.S. and Canada.

U.S. Holiday Train program helping Hurricane Sandy relief efforts

We’re excited to share that during this year’s Holiday Train events across CP’s U.S. rail network, corporate and community donations made to each local food bank will go a lot further. The total monetary donation raised at over 50 Holiday Train stops will be tallied and a matching donation, up to US$250,000, will be provided by CP to Feeding America whose member food banks are continuing to provide food and other supplies to those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Canadian Pacific’s contribution to Feeding America for the disaster relief efforts will be above and beyond the donation you make to your local food bank. Your donation stays with your local food bank but the spirit in which you give will help support our neighbors on the east coast.

http://www.cpr.ca/en/in-your-community/holiday-train/Pages/Default.aspx

:clap:

This is from 2011 and it was magical. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5PFe-t28M"]Canadian Pacific Holiday Train 2011 Departure - YouTube[/ame]

The only time I ever saw the Holiday Train with my own eyes, it was this exact time in this photo - as it was crossing this viaduct in Lethbridge, Alberta - one of the longest train bridges in the world!

To add to the excitement, I had no idea my path of travel was going to intertwine with this ultra-amazing moment.

http://www.railroadpix.com/rrphotos/detail/479.html

Magical is the perfect word ~n/t~ !!

How does one climb aboard? :)

I see it's scheduled to leave from Beaconsfield, Quebec today and finishes up in Port Moody, BC. 3 week journey!

Then there is another that left yesterday heading to the US?

I'll have to get more info. Maybe I can plan this journey next year. Take 3 weeks off from work. My boss will understand. It's for a good cause afterall, right? :D

My daughter lives in Texas and a train came to their area last Sunday - and her grandson had a blast. He loves trains, everything about trains. It was a warm beautiful day, they got there fairly early and she said the line behind them was very long. Stationed along the way were "Elves" who answered any questions and of course Santa was there. I told her what I had read here about the Canadian Holiday Train - so it must be part of the same outfit - to help the local food bank. One of the "Elves" said if they could, they should come back at night because the cars are all lit up. She is very critical about everything done with kids and she said this is one of the best things she has seen in a long time - and FREE.
:great:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back