928 users online (179 members and 749 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Matthew Ahrens, Trista Meyer, Shyann Lenz, missing plane, 25 Nov 2012

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23145797&nid...cid=featured-1

FILLMORE The Utah Civil Air Patrol was looking for a plane that disappeared Sunday after taking off from Fillmore.

The single engine Piper Archer II took off Sunday from California en route to Gillette, Wyo., according to a prepared statement from the Civil Air Patrol.

The Campbell County Sheriff's Department in Wyoming identified the missing pilot as Matthew Ahrens, 37, and the passengers as Trista Meyer, 34, and her 9-year-old daughter, Shyann Lenz, all from Gillette.

Authorities were alerted to the situation when Lenz's father called to report the little girl was overdue.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Family waits for news of missing plane

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...2ec763e3b.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Plane picture here: http://www.facebook.com/matthew.ahrens.96

Picture of Trista and her daughter here: http://www.facebook.com/tristameyer
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

They had dogs with them. Here are the pictures of the dogs.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

If anyone here lives in the area or nearby, please share the dog pictures on your facebook page (if you have one). I'm sure if the dogs can get anywhere they will try to alert someone in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    They had dogs with them. Here are the pictures of the dogs.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    The one named Brittany is actually SMILING

This story is too sad.

Seeing the vigil pictures from last night made my heart ache.

Beautiful recent pics of mom and daughter too.

Complete and utter hearbreak for everyone and anyone who knows this family.

I'm here hoping for the best with the rest of you.

I think it is a real possibility they can be found. My husband crashed a small plane years ago andwalked away but the plane was destroyed. This one hits close to home for me.

Mr. Lenz spoke with the Governor of Utah. Hopefully that will help with the searches.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I think it is a real possibility they can be found. My husband crashed a small plane years ago andwalked away but the plane was destroyed. This one hits close to home for me.
    I agree. As long as they can be located quickly, there is definitely still hope that they will be found alive. It's only been 5 days, as long as they aren't too badly injured it's absolutely possible that they have survived out there for this long.

Is Matthew a very experienced pilot?

Is it normal to carry supplies such as water and food on a light aircraft? I would think that it would make sense to carry a kit on the plane just in case something happens and you become stranded, but I honestly wouldn't have any fact to back this up with. I'd assume they would have access to a basic first aid kit as well.

Hopefully the dogs are able to find someone and bring help. Dogs usually have an incredibly strong drive to protect their 'pack'.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Bumping for Matt, Trista and Shy.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I really hope these people are found. Can they still ping towers if the cells are off? What about a flight plan, are the required. I always wonder how small planes can just go, do they have to contact someone to let them now. Could he have gone a different direction. Those woods scare the heck out of me. So deep and non populated.

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    I really hope these people are found. Can they still ping towers if the cells are off? What about a flight plan, are the required. I always wonder how small planes can just go, do they have to contact someone to let them now. Could he have gone a different direction. Those woods scare the heck out of me. So deep and non populated.
    He did not file a flight plan (which was a HUGE mistake). In any event, what is done is done. Does anyone know a pilot? I'd ask DH but he's at work. They are asking on the Facebook Group page for someone to look at the maps as they believe there are 3 main corridors from which he would have chosen to fly from Fillmore to Gillete. I'd also factor in the weather for that day, but a pilot would know that.

I'm a flight attendant so I know of a lot of pilots but no one I can grab at this moment.

Did they call the Civil Air Patrol??

I will try to post on their FB page.
    http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/abou...ency-services/

ETA: CAP is involved per the FB posts.
    Last edited by chicagofa13; 11-30-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: info

Latest update: The sheriff has been given the use of a blackhawk helicopter to help search.

Please, please let them be found today!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast