Angus on Two and Half Man/ and Faith

Gozgals

Reaction score
Angus T. Jones --- his outburst about being on the show Two and Half Men. More on his new found faith. Charlie also commented today but do not have the link. What do you think of his statements?

Fair Use
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...es-light-on-seventh-day-adventists/?hpt=hp_t4

Snip

The video shows Jones, the CBS sitcom’s “half man,” describing the show he has appeared in for nearly a decade as “filth” and discouraging viewers from tuning in – which has attracted a crush of media attention.

Hudson, who flew to Los Angeles last week to tape the video with the 19-year-old actor, says his phone has been ringing off the hook ever since he posted the video online on Sunday.

Suddenly, reporters and plenty of others who’ve tuned into the wildly popular “Two and Half Men” want to know about the Seventh-day Day Adventist tradition, which Jones says in the online video he has recently joined, connecting his conversion to his new outlook on the show.

“I just kept learning the basic messages of the Seventh-day Adventist Church,” Jones says in the video, telling of stopping into a Seventh-day Adventist Church with a friend recently and finding himself gripped by the pastor’s message. “I just loved it.”

Snip

I was waiting for someone to post about this. Guess he will be looking for a new job. He earned $350 k per episode is what I heard. Now it is unlikely that he'll be able to get a job in Hollywood again.

I've never watched the show. Now I admit to being somewhat curious. The best way to boost ratings is by calling something "filth". Like that Malcolm in the Middle episode when the school censors the school paper.

In any event, I'm always confused as to why Americans are so freaked out about sex but violence seems to be fine. Listen, I don't like entertainment that degrades women and I wouldn't want my kids watching shows that treat sex as a casual, meaningless activity. But I am usually more concerned about gratuitous violence and rarely do I hear people complaining as much.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you... much like Charlie Sheen declaring he was "winning" when he got fired!!!:what:

Good for you AJ :clap:

A source close to the situation tells E! News that both Jones' mom, Carey, and those who work with him on his CBS sitcom want to make sure the 19-year-old actor hasn't been "brainwashed" by his new church.

Jones had been going to a Christian school but it was only recently that he got involved in his new church, which is led by a man named Christopher Hudson, who has espoused controversial views about President Barack Obama and bought into the conspiracy theory that celebrities like Jay-Z are connected with the Illuminati.

But according to our source, Jones' involvement with Hudson has set off alarms with those close to him. "His mom is really worried and in contact with the producers of the show. The main concern is that he is going to give away all his money to the church," the insider explains.

http://www.eonline.com/news/366190/...urch-s-influence-over-two-and-a-half-men-star

I really loved two and a half men when it first started......the idea of the party boy womaniser and his recently divorced brother and his child living together and learning from each other was good and they mostly kept it pretty decent at the beginning. But somewhere along the way I personally think they went over the top and it was sex, sex, sex.....and sometimes what they said crossed the line...for me anyhow. It lost its magic for me and the hubby before Charlie went. I dont think it is a good show for kids, who DO watch it.

This is of course MOO and I am probably a prude

I really loved two and a half men when it first started......the idea of the party boy womaniser and his recently divorced brother and his child living together and learning from each other was good and they mostly kept it pretty decent at the beginning. But somewhere along the way I personally think they went over the top and it was sex, sex, sex.....and sometimes what they said crossed the line...for me anyhow. It lost its magic for me and the hubby before Charlie went. I dont think it is a good show for kids, who DO watch it.

This is of course MOO and I am probably a prude

I don't think you are a prude. I bet you're 100% accurate. I don't care for programs like that either. It's ridiculous and juvenile for a program to concentrate on nothing else (either that or they have terrible writers).

Charlie's meltdown was epic.This is just a big toe tapping in the water.

Charlie's meltdown was epic.This is just a big toe tapping in the water.
I don't know...telling people not to watch the show you are starring in (especially because it's filth), is pretty dumb! Wait 'till his producers get wind of it. Why did he take the role if it so offended him???

I was waiting for someone to post about this. Guess he will be looking for a new job. He earned $350 k per episode is what I heard. Now it is unlikely that he'll be able to get a job in Hollywood again.

I've never watched the show. Now I admit to being somewhat curious. The best way to boost ratings is by calling something "filth". Like that Malcolm in the Middle episode when the school censors the school paper.

In any event, I'm always confused as to why Americans are so freaked out about sex but violence seems to be fine. Listen, I don't like entertainment that degrades women and I wouldn't want my kids watching shows that treat sex as a casual, meaningless activity. But I am usually more concerned about gratuitous violence and rarely do I hear people complaining as much.

I haven't heard anything about him being fired from the show. I also don't think he would be blacklisted from Hollywood for his statements. His non-Hollywood looks at 19 will play a much bigger role in him not getting many future opportunities. IMO.

I haven't heard anything about him being fired from the show. I also don't think he would be blacklisted from Hollywood for his statements. His non-Hollywood looks at 19 will play a much bigger role in him not getting many future opportunities. IMO.

I have heard a lot about how his contract will not be renewed. He already was getting little air time. He's been away "at school". http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/11/28/angus-t-jones-fired-two-and-a-half-men/

Here's the thing, he's not some big name actor or incredible talent that can get away with criticizing his employer's product. As a result, Hollywood will not be forgiving and he won't be hired for anything lucrative again. producers have egos. In addition, they don't want to hire a risk if there are few positives behind it, especially if the risk is bashing what the producer produces.

I don't know...telling people not to watch the show you are starring in (especially because it's filth), is pretty dumb! Wait 'till his producers get wind of it. Why did he take the role if it so offended him???

He was hired as a child actor. Now he's an adult and he has recently become a member of a certain church and has become more religious. What I notice, though, is that after he realized calling his employer's product "filth" may cost him his huge paycheck, he began apologizing profusely and even though he thinks it's filth, he hasn't asked to be let out of his contract and it appears he probably wants desperately to have his contract renewed. That's hypocritical to me.

This is his apology:
Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.
Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them.
I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.
I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...o-half-men-apologizes-20121127,0,618854.story

Saying a show is filth and that you hate being on it certainly isn't respectful of the people involved in it and doesn't make it sound like it was a great opportunity.

Of course, this kid is 19 and 19 year old kids in this day and age have every thing they say and do, whether well thought out or not, recorded. So, maybe he didn't think through what he was saying about the show before he did. Maybe it is filth, I don;t know. But perhaps if he had thought about the people he cares about on the show and how they might feel, he would have chosen his words more carefully and been more respectful of others. I don't know.

He was a minor when the show started. So it's a fair guess that he didn't make the decision on whether to take the role or not. As for the show, what exactly is good about the show? I don't think there is a single character on it that is likable. If you ask me, they should have stopped making it a long time ago.

I have heard a lot about how his contract will not be renewed. He already was getting little air time. He's been away "at school". http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/11/28/angus-t-jones-fired-two-and-a-half-men/

Here's the thing, he's not some big name actor or incredible talent that can get away with criticizing his employer's product. As a result, Hollywood will not be forgiving and he won't be hired for anything lucrative again. producers have egos. In addition, they don't want to hire a risk if there are few positives behind it, especially if the risk is bashing what the producer produces.

He was never going to be cast in any other TV shows because he's an unattractive (maybe average at best) 19-year-old. Most actors do not strike gold twice when it comes to getting a main role on a successful show, so the odds were never in his favor.

I don't see why other producers would care that he called Two and a Half Men "filth" when it was probably competing against their own shows and it's unlikely it will see a decrease in ratings. It really doesn't seem like that serious of an offense to be blacklisted from Hollywood.

So IMO, whether he made those statements or not, his future in Hollywood was never going to be more than bit roles in TV shows.

It reminds me of talking to my ex SIL about something I read Sarah Jessica Parker say in an interview about heaven.

She and I used to LOVE SATC and would always call each other after watching it on Sunday nights. My SIL is also a born again Christian and just a teeny bit judgmental.

So I was telling her about SJPs comment regarding going to heaven and my SIL blurted out "Not likely she'll ever go there!" I asked "Well, why not?" And she replied "That SHOW!".

All I could say was, "Well you watch it, so where do YOU stand?". Her husband about fell out laughing.

But seriously? Hypocrite much?

If Angus thinks the show is filth then maybe he shouldn't soil his bank account with that dirty money.

I agree with all of your statements to date.
I have no problems with young Angus finding his faith in life. I hope he does not donate all his money though. (His parents worry)

Biting the hand that feeds you is not what one should do. His salary is just amazing too. I can't believe he gets paid so much... Why not just quit the show if your beliefs prevent you from being happy?

I personally believe Hollywood will not forgive him for this. Bashing the show will not bring him any positive outcome for his career.

Goz

He was never going to be cast in any other TV shows because he's an unattractive (maybe average at best) 19-year-old. Most actors do not strike gold twice when it comes to getting a main role on a successful show, so the odds were never in his favor.

I don't see why other producers would care that he called Two and a Half Men "filth" when it was probably competing against their own shows and it's unlikely it will see a decrease in ratings. It really doesn't seem like that serious of an offense to be blacklisted from Hollywood.

So IMO, whether he made those statements or not, his future in Hollywood was never going to be more than bit roles in TV shows.

I think he is a handsome young man.
It would cast a shadow on anyones future if one bashes the hand that feeds them. One may fear you will act the same if hired elsewhere. Money is the bottom line for these people. He spit in their face.

Goz

I think he is a handsome young man.
It would cast a shadow on anyones future if one bashes the hand that feeds them. One may fear you will act the same if hired elsewhere. Money is the bottom line for these people. He spit in their face.

Goz

Handsome? Compared to other men in Hollywood? :waitasec: Most guys I know in real life around his age are much better looking.
How did anyone involved in the show lose money because of what Angus said?

Could be they told him to say things to create buzz for a failing show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back