1174 users online (227 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SC - Antwan Bailey, 18, Spartanburg, 22 Nov 2012

This young man has been missing for 6 days now and this is the first I have heard about it. I hope he is found soon.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/nov/2...er-ar-5064440/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-15-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    We cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individual. Toward this end, each of us must work for his own highest development, accepting at the same time his share of responsibility in the general life of humanity—our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.
    — Marie Curie

How do I edit the date in the headline? I have one too many zeroes in 2012.
    We cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individual. Toward this end, each of us must work for his own highest development, accepting at the same time his share of responsibility in the general life of humanity—our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.
    — Marie Curie

I have a sad feeling that this will turn out to be a young man who got involved with the wrong people. I found his Facebook account. His family are probably the only ones looking for him. I feel so bad for them.
    — Marie Curie

In that article you posted, momrids6, it said that he had cash on him for the purchase of a vehicle. That leads me to believe that he may have had quite a bit of cash on him. That, coupled with him leaving with an acquaintance that he did not usually hang around, throws up a big red flag for me.

I hope he is found safe, but I too fear that he may have gotten caught up in the wrong crowd and trusted the wrong people. I will be so incredibly happy if I am wrong, though.

We need more information, this young man needs to be brought back to his family.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

He hasn't been answering his cell phone and family says he wouldn't miss a holiday. Praying they find him safe and soon.

http://www.southcarolinaradionetwork...-thanksgiving/
    — Marie Curie

Was he going out on Thanksgiving to buy the car? I wish there was more information....

This article says that there is a $1000 reward being offered for information. Not much, but I hope it will increase. It also says that he has never not answered his calls before. He disappeared on Thursday, Nov. 22.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news...5/-/index.html
    Last edited by SouthernMom; 11-30-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: add date in message.
    — Marie Curie

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/202...artanburg-teen

Video at link with his custodial mom. She seems very shaken up.

Where are you Antwan??? Someone must know.

Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

snip <Circumstances of Disappearance: “I was in there cooking Thanksgiving dinner and somebody lured him out… literally lured him out to supposedly go look at a car and he never did return,”said Kimberly West, his custodial parent.>

http://www.blackcelebritygiving.com/...ber-22nd-2012/
    — Marie Curie

“We actually believe it’s more than suspicious at this time. We can’t say there’s been foul play — we don’t know that. But we’re treating it as if there’s foul play,” said Spartanburg Public Safety Capt. Art Littlejohn.
    http://newsone.com/2094706/antwan-ba...outh-carolina/
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

This poor baby seems to have gotten caught up with a bad group of people. He apparently has used poor judgement in the past (based on his facebook page), but I hope they find him alive. I hope that this whole situation serves as as a really hard life lesson and that he goes on to be a great young man.

I wish that his guardian could have intervened earlier.

I haven't heard any more in the news about this kid. So sad
    — Marie Curie

It just baffles me how some missing people cases are blasted all over and for some missing people there is just nothing. I don't care if you hang out with a bad group, made questionable choices--- whatever--something is wrong when someone disappears and whoever it is deserves to be safe. Just frustrated.
    Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

If they are treating it as a suspicious disappearance they might not want more information out there so as not to endanger the investigation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast