GUILTY SC - Antwan Bailey, 18, Spartanburg, 22 Nov 2012

How do I edit the date in the headline? I have one too many zeroes in 2012.

I have a sad feeling that this will turn out to be a young man who got involved with the wrong people. I found his Facebook account. His family are probably the only ones looking for him. I feel so bad for them.

In that article you posted, momrids6, it said that he had cash on him for the purchase of a vehicle. That leads me to believe that he may have had quite a bit of cash on him. That, coupled with him leaving with an acquaintance that he did not usually hang around, throws up a big red flag for me.

I hope he is found safe, but I too fear that he may have gotten caught up in the wrong crowd and trusted the wrong people. I will be so incredibly happy if I am wrong, though.

We need more information, this young man needs to be brought back to his family.

Was he going out on Thanksgiving to buy the car? I wish there was more information....

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/20205179/police-search-for-missing-spartanburg-teen

Video at link with his custodial mom. She seems very shaken up.

Where are you Antwan??? Someone must know.

20205179_BG1.jpg

This poor baby seems to have gotten caught up with a bad group of people. He apparently has used poor judgement in the past (based on his facebook page), but I hope they find him alive. I hope that this whole situation serves as as a really hard life lesson and that he goes on to be a great young man.

I wish that his guardian could have intervened earlier.

I haven't heard any more in the news about this kid. So sad :(

It just baffles me how some missing people cases are blasted all over and for some missing people there is just nothing. I don't care if you hang out with a bad group, made questionable choices--- whatever--something is wrong when someone disappears and whoever it is deserves to be safe. Just frustrated.
Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

If they are treating it as a suspicious disappearance they might not want more information out there so as not to endanger the investigation.

I really hope that this young man comes home alive and well; sadly I do not think that will happen.

The way I read it, it did not sound like he had a bunch of money on him, it sounded like going to see a car was just a ruse used by a "friend" to get him out of the house or it was an excuse he gave his family for leaving the house.

It just baffles me how some missing people cases are blasted all over and for some missing people there is just nothing. I don't care if you hang out with a bad group, made questionable choices--- whatever--something is wrong when someone disappears and whoever it is deserves to be safe. Just frustrated.
Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I noticed in one of the tv interviews that they showed a sign in front of his home that said it was a housing authority property. It's amazing that he even got what little attention he did from the media and LE. I think it's a shame and a travesty and I have a terrible feeling that he met a bad end over his money or it was connected to his "friend" that the guardian didn't even know.

I haven't heard that they tried to ping his cell phone. This guy isn't getting the attention he deserves IMO

So, an acquaintance tells him, "Let's go look at a car. Bring a lot of cash." Is that the gist of it? Antwan was lured into a theft by some thugs? And, he was known G-Money which gives me the impression people looked to him as a source of money. Sounds like maybe he was eager to makes friends, wanting to please people, and people would take advantage of him. Maybe Antwan had started to catch on and decided not to oblige.

I don't believe for a moment that the acquaintance brought him back home and he somehow didn't make it into the house. I hope LE is continuing to interrogate the acquaintance. I do think they need to get Antwan's picture out in the public eye because someone must have seen him that day. LE knows that foul play is involved, but they need clues. I hope this isn't a case where people are afraid to talk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back