NY NY - Rockaway Beach, 'John Valentine', WhtHispMale 3-5, UP2688, Disney sheet & duffle bag, Feb'05

A woman walking her dog with a friend on Rockaway Beach yesterday was stunned to discover the decomposed body of a year-old baby in a Mickey Mouse sheet.

Cecilia Davis, a 47-year-old nurse, said she was collecting seashells about 4:55 p.m. when she saw a tangled and tattered bedsheet adorned with Mickey, Goofy and Donald Duck.

"At first I thought, 'How cute,'" she recalled. But then she looked closer, touched the bundle with her foot and realized what it was.

"This is a child!" she said to her friend, and then dialed 911.

Davis, who saw the baby from the shoulders down, said the tot appeared to be a girl about a year old whose skin looked the color of aged yellow foam. One knee was bent with a tiny foot tucked under the body, she said.

Full Story Here

I think the update says it is a boy between the ages of 3-5. This just makes me ill!!!!
(Thanks Casshew!!)

Wow thats quite a difference - a one year old girl compared to a 3-5 year old boy :waitasec:

Hopefully they will figure out this child's identity very quickly.

Sad story showersinger :(

Poor little guy. :(

How sad... Hopefully they can find out who he is and what happened to him - soon !!

How horrible. God Bless this baby's soul. :angel: I hope they find out who he/she is and who did this horrible thing to him soon. That poor baby.

What state did this happen in?

NewMom2003 said:
How horrible. God Bless this baby's soul. :angel: I hope they find out who he/she is and who did this horrible thing to him soon. That poor baby.

What state did this happen in?

I believe Rockaway Beach is in NY or NJ. I think.

It's in New York, by Coney Island. (You know that Ramones song, "Rock-rock-rock, Rockaway Beach"?)

Casshew said:
Wow thats quite a difference - a one year old girl compared to a 3-5 year old boy :waitasec:
Could easily happen if the child was malnourished or was born with physical problems that stunted growth.

It sounds like someone just threw this child away. I hope someone comes forward to say they know a child who they haven't seen in awhile. Bless this little child. He's not in pain anymore.

Authorities have named this child John Valentine while they search for his identity.

From the latest article

[font=Arial, Helvetica] He was wrapped in a Dundee-brand blanket decorated with Disney cartoon characters and letters of the alphabet. His body had been placed in a nautical-style canvas duffel bag, which at some point may have had a drawstring on top.

Due to the decomposition, all the investigators can tell is that he was about 3 or 4 years old, 36 inches tall and 28 pounds with a children's size 5 foot.
[/font]

With all of the trouble that police are having finding an identity for this child, it will unfortunately probably be likely that the parent is involved also. Usually they can locate the identity on a child because the parents will immediately report him missing. I found another link on this from the 10th, but haven't been able to find anything more recent.

http://www.nydailynews.com/02-10-2005/news/crime_file/story/279396p-239378c.html

The remains of this male child were found on Rockaway Beach in New York, New York on February 5, 2005. He likely washed ashore, discovered on a section of Rockaway Beach near Beach 112th Street, tangled in seaweed, debris and horseshoe crabs.
His body had been placed into a nautical-style canvas duffel bag, which at some point may have had a drawstring on top. Police believe he may have been murdered and tossed into the ocean by someone on a ship or possibly overseas.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1477umny.html

I was born in Rockaway Beach hospital. This area is where my whole family is from, Far Rockaway, NY, in Queens County.

My brother lives on Beach 6th St and Seagirt Ave right on the water. The baby could have been thrown off a bridge, Atlantic Beach Bridge, which is by Beach 2nd St.

The current is very strong behind my brothers building which is the bay, then it opens up to the Atlantic Ocean.

Starting at Beach 9th St is where the boardwalk starts which goes westbound towards 112th St. Very little blocks. My brother has walked it many times.

I laughed at the article saying the baby might have been thrown from a ship? WTH. Beach 9th St is where people go swimming, the bay opens up to the Ocean there. Many people drown there every year. Bodies are found up by 169th St.- Marine Parkway Bridge.

Here is a article near Beach 112th St. where 2 girls were missing.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...t-rockaway-beach/?scp=2&sq=rip current&st=cse

My point is, all the person would have to do is go out on the pier, which are many and throw the child in the Ocean.

(oh the girl's body was found by Marine Pkway bridge).

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/rockaways-drowning-victim-is-found/

The local small paper is The Wave
http://www.rockawave.com/

Found this article of baby John Valentine.

Still, 80 infants who died from being left in plastic bags on cold streets, or were thrown in a Dumpster, or were murdered at birth by their mothers, lay in eternal rest in the lush Island of Hope section in Holy Rood Cemetery in Westbury, L.I., with room for another 25.

This Saturday, John Valentine Hope will join Matthew Hope and Allison Hope and the others. Believed to be between 2 and 5 years old, John will be one of a few "older" children buried there. He washed ashore on Rockaway Beach, Queens, on Feb. 5, wrapped in a bedsheet decorated with Disney characters.

He will need a larger coffin than the 10-inch-wide, 30-inch-long ones usually interred in the Island of Hope. The medical examiner has not yet determined the cause of death.

"We have to get him buried," Jaccard said. "We have to give him some dignity."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2005/05/01/2005-05-01_little_brandon__the_face_of_.html

Found this article of baby John Valentine.

Still, 80 infants who died from being left in plastic bags on cold streets, or were thrown in a Dumpster, or were murdered at birth by their mothers, lay in eternal rest in the lush Island of Hope section in Holy Rood Cemetery in Westbury, L.I., with room for another 25.

This Saturday, John Valentine Hope will join Matthew Hope and Allison Hope and the others. Believed to be between 2 and 5 years old, John will be one of a few "older" children buried there. He washed ashore on Rockaway Beach, Queens, on Feb. 5, wrapped in a bedsheet decorated with Disney characters.

He will need a larger coffin than the 10-inch-wide, 30-inch-long ones usually interred in the Island of Hope. The medical examiner has not yet determined the cause of death.

"We have to get him buried," Jaccard said. "We have to give him some dignity."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2005/05/01/2005-05-01_little_brandon__the_face_of_.html

OMG that is quite the reality check. If only these people knew their options because it doesn't have to end this way for the infants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back