Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

We are a victim friendly site, their are no suspects or persons of interest at this point. We understand that sometimes it is frustrating not to be able to sleuth or speculate about a certain person (generally a family member) but in many, many cases, it has turned out that the certain person was not involved in any foul play. So until LE gives us an indication as to what they are thinking, pursuing, Dad is off limits here.

Thanks so much for understanding and please let me or any of the mods know if you have questions.

Could we get the map Yoda made us added to the first post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precious Dylan.....we are missing you!

new thread....urgggg

I hope Dylan comes home tomorrow.

:please::please::please:

It's bedtime; thanks for being here!!

:seeya:

I was just sensing that the tunnel party was just getting going?

:rocker:

Yes, many of us here are very troubled about what might have transpired after Dylan arrived at the airport. :(

Nevermind a few people beat me lol.

I still want to know if the neighbor sighting is separate from the postman or if they are one and the same. The one article I read made it sound like two separate sightings and that makes me wonder if the sightings are more credible and he was out walking some point during the day.

Hi Rouge! I miss you!

Maybe I can because I have not sleuthed anyone, I've only read a lot of news reports and so I am not breaking a rule by just typing a scenario that I can't get out of my mind can I?

Basically, I just have a real problem with believing that he made it to the dad's house. If he did make it there, I think something was very wrong starting at 8 pm since that is when his phone is turned off and he is no longer available to his family and friends. He hasn't used his phone or made contact with anyone since then.

This MSM article published "Investigators are also retracing Dylan’s route from Colorado Springs to Durango and places he may have visited after his arrival." (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-dylan-redwine-whos-been-missing-since-monday ) I think investigators are getting warm...

This is a theory I've been stuck on as well, and after NG's show last night there was some discussion here that the timeline was really suspicious.
To recap:
- Dylan's flight landed around 6, 6:30 (per family friend on NG show and poster on this thread researching flight Dylan likely took)
- Dylan and dad went grocery shopping on the way home (per family friend according to Dylan's dad).. we don't know where but it was somewhere between Durango and Vallecito.. factor in certain amount of time for food shopping.
- The trip from airport to dad's home is supposed to take about 1hr (mapquest).
- According to Sgt Bender , last known cell activity on Dylan's phone was around 8pm Sunday night, nothing since.

You put this all together and it's likely that the earliest Dylan could've possibly arrived at Dad's home was 7:30 (really conservative), 7:45... If we go with plane landing at 6:30 or grocery shopping taking a bit longer, that can easily put time of arrival after 8pm... potentially WELL after 8pm... If they were still en route well past 8pm for whatever reason (and nobody can confirm that they arrived home at a certain time) then Dylan is essentially unaccounted for and they are both on the road or who knows where unless there's documentation or confirmed sightings, video, etc.

LE is saying that the search today was based on Dylan being last seen at dad's house (basis for search warrant), so that would go against the idea that he never arrived home. So I'm not sure if they had something concrete to go on, other than dad's word, placing Dylan in the home. For the purpose of getting a search warrant it makes sense they would take dad's word to get full access to his vehicles, home and property. Even if they're thinking like we are that maybe Dylan never made it there. Especially with dad not having any items of Dylan's with his scent.

Now I'm talking in circles again.

Of course LE should know where the last ping was, though I can see a way someone could get around that being an issue. The point is with the limited confirmed info we DO know, the known timeline and the d/c of cell activity certainly can point to not making it home. JMO of course and only based on timeline and MSM /interviews.

I still want to know if the neighbor sighting is separate from the postman or if they are one and the same. The one article I read made it sound like two separate sightings and that makes me wonder if the sightings are more credible and he was out walking some point during the day.

Agreed.

I also thought they were one and the same but I can't find links?

I keep coming back to the phone (as I believe most of you do too). Whatever happened must have happened at or around 8pm the night before, unless something happened while Dylan was sleeping and he never got a chance to text/call his friends in the morning. He was looking forward to seeing them so much, surely he would have contacted them the second he woke up to make plans with them, especially as he was likely disappointed that he didn't get to see them the first night he got there.

Also, didn't the friends say something about not knowing that he wasn't going to make it until the next morning and still expecting him over the night he arrived (or am I imagining things, I'm still playing catch ups)? IIRC, this would also be a big red flag that something happened the night he arrived, because if his plans had changed he would have contacted his friends to let them know (or even to vent his upset/frustration at not being able to see them straight away).

In regards to the sighting, it doesn't seem to be all that close to where he was staying with his dad, so is it possible the neighbor saw a different kid with his friend? Unless he got a really good at the child (ie. stopped and looked), it is possible that we can brush this off as a false sighting. From what I've seen, sightings of missing people cannot be taken as absolute fact, in the Linnea Lomax case, there were multiple 'sightings' of her, when in fact this would not have been possible because she had already taken her own life (may she rest in peace). Not to mention the general unreliability of eyewitness accounts in general, and the fact that LE have ruled out Dylan leaving on his own.

There are rumors of more sightings. A couple of people saw someone run into the woods (turned out to be jogger). There are always sightings in these types of cases.
By my observations, most of these sightings turn out to be false.

Also, didn't the friends say something about not knowing that he wasn't going to make it until the next morning and still expecting him over the night he arrived (or am I imagining things, I'm still playing catch ups)? IIRC, this would also be a big red flag that something happened the night he arrived, because if his plans had changed he would have contacted his friends to let them know (or even to vent his upset/frustration at not being able to see them straight away).

No, the friends were aware that Dylan had changed his plans from meeting them Sunday evening, to meeting up with them Monday morning.

No, the friends were aware that Dylan had changed his plans from meeting them Sunday evening, to meeting up with them Monday morning.

Although we still don't know when this change was made.

LE is saying that the search today was based on Dylan being last seen at dad's house (basis for search warrant), so that would go against the idea that he never arrived home. So I'm not sure if they had something concrete to go on, other than dad's word, placing Dylan in the home. For the purpose of getting a search warrant it makes sense they would take dad's word to get full access to his vehicles, home and property. Even if they're thinking like we are that maybe Dylan never made it there. Especially with dad not having any items of Dylan's with his scent.

SBM

I keep coming back to this too. Given the very tight timeline you gave of the possible time Dylan would have arrived back at his fathers place in regards to the last use of his mobile phone, I've been wondering whether there is anyone else who can actually place Dylan at the home that night. Is it likely that Dylan would have gone to bed AS SOON as he walked in the door to his fathers house? Maybe, especially if he were feeling angry or upset at not being able to see his friends. But does this mean that he wouldn't have been texting or calling them from inside his bedroom? Just because he went to bed doesn't mean he was sleeping, most kids will text or call their friends from bed before falling asleep, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm in no way blaming the father, I don't like pointing the finger at anyone without proof, but in most cases of missing children isn't it is always asked who the last to see the child was besides the parent they were last with? I think it's a valid point to pursue, especially when there is a missing child at the heart of it all.

I would really like to know more about whether he was happy about going to dads (well that town anyway)........someone said he had a girlfriend in his new town?? is that correct?? and that he was a bit upset about missing a thanksgiving party and that the scowl on the text was because he was not happy about being at dads.....

I had not read all that info......if he was not happy about going to dads, then give me a shovel and I'll start digging to that tunnell, because I too think he did not make it to dads and dad has him hidden where there is no mobile reception (its remote right) or the worse scenario....

If he was missing his friends and didnt like the new town, then I think it is him and his mates.....

My third is a combo of the two......what if he doesnt like being in the town AND with dad and a friend has helped get away from dad...

I know the police have ruled out running away.......but ......

There are rumors of more sightings. A couple of people saw someone run into the woods (turned out to be jogger). There are always sightings in these types of cases.
By my observations, most of these sightings turn out to be false.

They might definitely be false. However, I do think it is a little strange that people are saying Dylan definitely never left (or even arrived) at the house because if he did there would be sightings of him on the road and there were none. However...we do know of at least 2-3 alleged sightings on the road by now so it seems like maybe there were some?
Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member