GUILTY NJ - Nicole Giovanni, 14, beaten to death, Roselle Park, 6 Feb 2005

weenluvinwoman

Sophia's Mommy
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Police charged a mother Monday with bludgeoning her 14-year-old daughter to death with a hammer and shovel as the girl slept.

Lynn Giovanni, 45, was charged with murder. She was being held at Trenton Psychiatric Hospital in lieu of $250,000 bail.

Several hours after murdering her daughter on Sunday, Giovanni tried to kill herself by crashing her car into a guardrail on Route 78 in Berkeley Heights, said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow.

She sustained only minor injuries.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/2705-mothercharged.html

weenluvinwoman said:
Police charged a mother Monday with bludgeoning her 14-year-old daughter to death with a hammer and shovel as the girl slept.

Lynn Giovanni, 45, was charged with murder. She was being held at Trenton Psychiatric Hospital in lieu of $250,000 bail.

Several hours after murdering her daughter on Sunday, Giovanni tried to kill herself by crashing her car into a guardrail on Route 78 in Berkeley Heights, said Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow.

She sustained only minor injuries.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/2705-mothercharged.html

My God!:mad: how can ANY PARENT KILL THERE OWN BLOOD?

As harsh as this might sound, I don't understand why these people don't just kill themselves and leave their children alone. This girl had a wonderful life in front of her and her mother just destroyed that.

What the hell is this world coming to??? :banghead: These parents that harm their own flesh and blood.......I just don't understand it???????????????? :waitasec: Some people have no business to be parents :furious: .

I read in the news article the she may have run-a-way from home before.......gee do you think there might be a reason why??? Oh that's right so what then mom who doesn't know how to parent and can't control her daughter has the right to blugen her to death in her own bed. Another senseless death of a child who again did not ask to be given life.

May you rest in peace Nicole.

MistyGirl said:
What the hell is this world coming to??? :banghead: These parents that harm their own flesh and blood.......I just don't understand it???????????????? :waitasec: Some people have no business to be parents :furious: .

I read in the news article the she may have run-a-way from home before.......gee do you think there might be a reason why??? Oh that's right so what then mom who doesn't know how to parent and can't control her daughter has the right to blugen her to death in her own bed. Another senseless death of a child who again did not ask to be given life.

May you rest in peace Nicole.

MistyGirl,

The first thing that jumped at me was the fact that the girl had run away before. My instinct on this is that she was being abused in some fashion. The self-preservation factor kicks in when we aren't looking sometimes.

But, being a kid she really had nowhere to go. Had to go back home. I know that feeling....remember being about 7 or 8 standing on the front porch ready to head out but having no destination. The fact that her coward mother waited for her to be asleep to lessen the attempt at self-preservation is what I find particularly disturbing. This was a premeditated murder.

concernedperson said:
MistyGirl,

The first thing that jumped at me was the fact that the girl had run away before. My instinct on this is that she was being abused in some fashion. The self-preservation factor kicks in when we aren't looking sometimes.

But, being a kid she really had nowhere to go. Had to go back home. I know that feeling....remember being about 7 or 8 standing on the front porch ready to head out but having no destination. The fact that her coward mother waited for her to be asleep to lessen the attempt at self-preservation is what I find particularly disturbing. This was a premeditated murder.

Amen! I agree and identify with EVERYTHING you just wrote.

This article has some information I have not read yet in it.

February 8, 2005 -- A suicidal mom, despondent over her divorce and struggling with her teenage daughter, beat the 14-year-old to death with a hammer and shovel before she tried to kill herself on a New Jersey highway, police said yesterday.
Cops found a disoriented Lynn Giovanni, 45, Sunday afternoon near a highway exit in Berkeley Heights, where she had crashed her car into a guardrail in an apparent suicide attempt.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40166.htm

After reading the article from the NY Post there were a few things in there that just angered me:

"Friends said Giovanni suffered from depression — and had difficulty dealing with a string of misfortunes, including a recent divorce, job difficulties and trouble with Nicole." I am so sick of people making excuse for their bad behaviors. I was a divorced single mother at 20 making $4.75 and hour talk about a tough time you didn’t and don't see me out killing my daughter in her sleep.

"She suffered every day of her life," said a friend named Chris. "She was on a lot of medication, and I wondered if that had anything to do with this." Another excuse if "She Suffering every day of her life" at least she had a life to live good bad or in-different we make out life what it is people are to busy in the "oh poor me" syndrome. Nicole has nothing she had her whole life a head of her.

"Friends said Lynn Giovanni had written a book, "Judicial System Loopholes," last year that slammed the court's treatment of domestic violence. Giovanni used the nom de plume "Faith Hope." I am trying to do some searching on her book. If anyone finds anything please post or PM me.

I really hate to sound so harsh but I am so sick of these parents killing there children and claiming depression or insanity etc and them getting everyone feeling sorry for them and fight for their rights. As far as I am concerned they have no rights they lost that privilege when they took someone else’s life.

This was SO premeditated and brutal.

Nicole is listed in this Catholic school newsletter for winning a Knights of Columbus substance abuse awareness poster contest.

2002 Newsletter

Such a beautiful girl

Prayers for justice for Nicole, Lanie

MistyGirl said:
..."Friends said Lynn Giovanni had written a book, "Judicial System Loopholes," last year that slammed the court's treatment of domestic violence. Giovanni used the nom de plume "Faith Hope." ...

The Book

Here's another link to the story with a video feed

Jeana (DP) said:
As harsh as this might sound, I don't understand why these people don't just kill themselves and leave their children alone. This girl had a wonderful life in front of her and her mother just destroyed that.

I agree -- kill yourself if you must, but don't take an innocent life with you!!

http://www.roselleparknews.org/nicole-giovanni-the-reality-behind-murder-in-a-small-town/

Today marks a somber anniversary in the history of Roselle Park. Ten years ago, on February 6, 2005, 14-year-old Nicole Giovanni was killed by her mother who bludgeoned her daughter with a hammer and shovel inside the house they live in on West Grant Avenue. The only murder in Roselle Park in almost 20 years.

Her death recently came up as news again when her mother, who pleaded guilty to a charge of first-degree manslaughter to avoid a trial, last month had a state appeals court rule that she should have a hearing to determine if she was wrongly denied a chance to withdraw her plea. Discussion about that or any of her other actions after she admittedly killed her own child is for another time. This is about taking a moment for Nicole Giovanni.

She would have been 24 years old. No one knows what she could have been in 2015.

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2...r_gets_hearing_to_withdrawal_guilty_plea.html

A former Roselle Park woman serving a 30-year sentence after admitting she bludgeoned her daughter to death may now get a chance to withdraw her guilty plea based on her poor mental health...

A psychiatric expert witness determined that Giovanni still suffered from mental illness less than two weeks before she pleaded guilty, appeals court judges Mitchel Ostrer and Gary Rothstadt said in their decision.

This was my exact thought after reading the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back