Canada - Laurelie, 5, Loic, 4, & Anais Blanchette, 2, murdered, Quebec, Dec 2012

Snoopster

Reaction score
Provincial police confirmed that the children, two girls aged 2 and 5, and a boy, 4, were found dead on the top floor of a red-brick duplex in Drummondville, which is about 100 kilometres northeast of Montreal. The children are believed to be siblings, and police told CTV News late Sunday a 33-year-old woman, believed to be the children’s mother, is an important witness in the investigation.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/three-...all-deaths-suspicious-1.1062925#ixzz2DxVN3rhi

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/three-...uebec-police-call-deaths-suspicious-1.1062925

Damn! That's all I can say.

:cry:

DRUMMONDVILLE, Que. — A depressed 33-year-old divorcee who lost custody of her three young children and allegedly kidnapped one of them is now considered an important witness in their drowning deaths.

The grandmother found the bodies of Laurelie, 5, Loic, 4, and Anais, 2, in a top-floor apartment in this city east of Montreal on Sunday.

Sonia Blanchette, who had lost a 2 1/2-year custody battle, was taken to hospital in shock.

Police said the mother is an "important witness."

A neighbour who gave her name as Veronique said Blanchette was depressed and rarely saw her children, who lived with their father.

"I heard the grandmother's screams when she went in and found the children," Veronique said.

The father arrived after he was alerted by the grandmother. He later left the area, overcome with emotion.

Several sources said Blanchette was only allowed to see her children during supervised visits.

Last December she was charged with kidnapping her youngest child, who was 14 months old at the time.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/12/03/mother-an-important-witness-after-her-3-kids-drown-police

where in God's name was the supervision????? My heart just breaks.....To the surviving father---I am so sorry!!!!

Poor little darlings - they were innocent little victims. If the mom couldn't bear to be apart from them she should have just "departed" herself.
IMHO

Poor little darlings - they were innocent little victims. If the mom couldn't bear to be apart from them she should have just "departed" herself.
IMHO

Agree. Based on media reports she's hospitalized which leads me to believe she attempted suicide AFTER she allegedly murdered her children.

I predict she'll get arrested, mental illness will be her defense and after a few years in the mental facility she'll be released.

I wonder if it will turn out that she suffered through PPD? Not saying that makes it right... what a horrible thing to do. I wonder if she was getting help is all. I knew a woman who was so depressed that she talked about ending her life and or her baby's life. She was too ashamed to get help. Ashamed to have those thoughts at all. I called CAS. I couldn't hear that and do nothing. Anyway, no idea what happened here but it popped into my head. How tragic. My deepest sympathy for the father and the whole family.

This isn't even the first time I've seen kids get kidnapped and/or killed when they were supposedly on supervised visits. In my opinion, supervised visits should always take place at a public building and should always be supervised by a neutral third party. Family cannot supervise other family. A friend of the parent won't cut it either. If there's any potential for trouble, the visits should be videotaped and audibly recorded.

This isn't even the first time I've seen kids get kidnapped and/or killed when they were supposedly on supervised visits. In my opinion, supervised visits should always take place at a public building and should always be supervised by a neutral third party. Family cannot supervise other family. A friend of the parent won't cut it either. If there's any potential for trouble, the visits should be videotaped and audibly recorded.

Agree. This was a ridiculous arrangement. The poor grandma is now left with the burden of wondering if she could have done anything to save her grandbabies. Makes me very angry that this tragedy could have been easily avoided if they would have taken the logical steps to insure the safety of these children. The mom obviously had serious issues and yet they allowed her visitation rights in the home supervised by her mother.

Again, I question if it was the other way around if they would allow this type of arrangement. I doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back