Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. The discussion however must have one foot in what is known in media reports and does not include sleuthing of property records, divorce records, etc. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

Sleuthing the father is not allowed. The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe

and brought home!!!

Continue the discussion here:

Please remember the :tos: and do not attack one another. Also please read the rules on discussion of Dylan's father.

Continue the discussion here:

Please remember the :tos: and do not attack one another. Also please read the rules on discussion of Dylan's father.

Gotcha Nurse. Thanks for the new thread Imamaze! All though, I do wish it wasn't necessary and Dylan was home safe. :(

since its a new thread I'll ask about the wildlife in the area, are there bears mountain lions coyotes etc (yup I'm not from the US so have no idea whats typical for the area)

what is the terrain like between the airport and vallecito? are there turnoffs from the main road, lakes, river, forests etc

Nurse or Imamaze, could you please bring over my post with the photos of Dylan that I put up earlier. ?

since its a new thread I'll ask about the wildlife in the area, are there bears mountain lions coyotes etc (yup I'm not from the US so have no idea whats typical for the area)

what is the terrain like between the airport and vallecito? are there turnoffs from the main road, lakes, river, forests etc

Mountain lions and bears mostly. Moose, deer, elk, cyotes, wolves and foxes.

I missed a whole thread yesterday, hoping we hear some good news today!

thanks for that, next question if theres any locals onboard. have there been any notices about bears, lions etc recently?

Dylan having grown up in the area would have been educated about the risks from wild animals?

are there many attacks on people by these animals?

There is notices up everywhere about wild animals, locks on garbage bins etc: I would believe growing up there he would know. I grew up in the suburbs but we camped all the time (I hated it, I'm not an outdoorsy person) you are always taught the dangers and what to do in case of a bear attack.
MOO he was not eaten by an animal

This is a reply for mck16 - I don't know how to bring a post over from the last thread.
My post was speculation as I stated. Many are speculating about wild life, abduction, etc. I was speculating about whether Dylan really wanted to go fishing. We don't know whether Dylan wanted to go or not.
I hope we have some news today. I cannot imagine what this family is going through right now.

As always, JMO.

Elaine Redwine said she and Dylan had talked about being safe, including not hitchhiking.

“It would be uncharacteristic of Dylan to do that,” she said.

At the same time, Mark Redwine has been thrust into the public spotlight, something he's not used to.

“I tend to be more of a private person,” he explained. “I keep things bottled up inside.”

Because of the economic recession, Mark Redwine has been working out of the area and comes home to Vallecito when he can.

“Fathers and mothers do what we got to do” to support their families, even if that means long-distance jobs, Redwine said.

He specifically came back Nov. 17 to pick up Dylan at the airport. But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening.

The 13-year-old was still asleep when his father ran some errands in Durango the morning of Nov. 19. When he came back, Dylan was gone. The search began late that day.

The Redwines moved to the area from Denver in 2004 when Elaine took a job at Fort Lewis College. When the couple divorced three years later, Elaine Redwine and the boys continued to live in Bayfield and Mark Redwine stayed in the house in Vallecito.

Living in a rural area was new to him.

“I've always said I'm, a city boy,” Redwine said. “It takes awhile getting used to.”
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

more at link

mom says she had talked with Dylan about hitchhiking

This is a reply for mck16 - I don't know how to bring a post over from the last thread.
My post was speculation as I stated. Many are speculating about wild life, abduction, etc. I was speculating about whether Dylan really wanted to go fishing. We don't know whether Dylan wanted to go or not.
I hope we have some news today. I cannot imagine what this family is going through right now.

As always, JMO.

I know I missed a thread, but there was only mention of a missing pole. MR never said he was taking Dylan fishing. I wish there was something new! Like Dylan being found.

As always, JMO.

Thanks for your response. I was just hoping for something new. I agree about his family. I don't think I could even breathe if it were me. jmo

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

more at link

mom says she had talked with Dylan about hitchhiking

Thans so much for this update. I had read somewhere that MR worked out of town and am so glad it's out there now.
I asked the question threads ago about who would be looking out for his home while he was gone? Who could have had a key?
Whoever did would know that MR was home as of the 17th and that Dylan would be there Thanksgiving week.

As always, JMO.

I replied to your post on the last thread and lost it when the thread closed.

Why do you think the father is wanting custody of Dylan now? Financial? Control issues since the "family" moved? IMO, I really sense a sincere anger from Dylan for his father.

The father may have taken Dylan's cell phone away for some reason and Dylan left in the middle of the night with disgust and resentment.

Probably been discussed many times, but is the father in a relationship with anyone.....or was recently? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa