the light source

terralee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I recall reading that(PMPT perhaps)the fan fixturs in Jbs room didnt have a workable light on the switch so in order to turn on a light one would have to walk into the bedroom and turn on the lamp on her dresser, if an intruder used a flashlight as a light source then he would have had to carry JB and the flashlight out of the room down the staircase into the basement, seems he would have his hands full.If he found his way into her bedroom without a light source into a dark room and turned on her lamp did he, while holding JB switch off the lamp before leaving her room and navigate through the house in the dark? if so then the lamp would have possibly been found turned on when the police checked out her room, unless of course the intruder ran back upstairs and turned it off I just cant picture this..sorry for the long post :confused:

Hi ya Terrilee...good post.

Yep the intruder spent hours going thru the Ramsey's huge home, checking out light sources....bet the basement room was a snap for Mr. Intruder.

Mr. Intruder didn't need a light source to beat, kill and transport JonBenet's body to the basement.

Must have spent plenty of time rehearing before the actual performance that night, with the Rams away.

Show Me said:
Hi ya Terrilee...good post.

Yep the intruder spent hours going thru the Ramsey's huge home, checking out light sources....bet the basement room was a snap for Mr. Intruder.

Mr. Intruder didn't need a light source to beat, kill and transport JonBenet's body to the basement.

Must have spent plenty of time rehearing before the actual performance that night, with the Rams away.
Hope Im doing this right.Show Me, maybe the intruder wore one of those lights on his head like miners do , you think?

I would have trouble navigating a spiral staircase in the daylight holding anything, let alone in the dark. I would most certainly would have fallen down on my *ss and fell all the way down the steps! Which would have made lots of noise. Seriously, I've never understood why anyone would a buy a house with one of those kind of staircases in them. They are very 60-ish aren't they?

If you're new, welcome.

I never heard that before about the lamp. One of the neighbors said he happened to look over towards the Rs' house and saw a dim light moving around, like a flashlight, just before he went to bed.

The perp must have been pretty confident that he was sure-footed, tackling the spiral staircase while carrying the child and light. He was probably pretty excited too.

Yeah, the house is awfully old-fashioned and I would have really really hated it. Maybe it appealed to Patsy's "inner child", we just discussed briefly in the "Dream" thread, reminded her of fairy tales, the way she put big candy canes along the walk and decorated it so much. Childrens' story books when she was a child probably had a lot of A-shaped houses. Or maybe she just liked it because it was different.

terralee said:
I recall reading that(PMPT perhaps)the fan fixturs in Jbs room didnt have a workable light on the switch so in order to turn on a light one would have to walk into the bedroom and turn on the lamp on her dresser, if an intruder used a flashlight as a light source then he would have had to carry JB and the flashlight out of the room down the staircase into the basement, seems he would have his hands full.If he found his way into her bedroom without a light source into a dark room and turned on her lamp did he, while holding JB switch off the lamp before leaving her room and navigate through the house in the dark? if so then the lamp would have possibly been found turned on when the police checked out her room, unless of course the intruder ran back upstairs and turned it off I just cant picture this..sorry for the long post :confused:

Chalk up another small piece of the puzzle that says no intruder.Great post. :clap:

Maybe it just says he's used to navigating in the dark. And/or that he brought a flashlight, from which he'd wiped his fingerprints off the batteries, probably was wearing gloves, and exchanged his flashlight for one the R's owned, as he was leaving. Maybe to further frustrate them, about no fingerprints on the batteries. That, to me, says he's experienced.

A neighbor did report seeing a dim light moving about, and I'm wondering how many of us would have noticed that much about a neighbor's house? His house may have been closer than ours are, but I hardly ever even look outside before going to bed, and if I do, all that would be noticeable would be a car parked on the street, like when I decided someone must be collecting in the dark for their paper route, and I wouldn't let my kid do that even if I was parked w/in their screaming distance. Some people just happen to like darkness, for various reasons? That family must have been pretty busy, know the morning paper comes about 4:30 am. Don't know why I happened to look out that night.

Also, there were Christmas trees in every room in the house that had lights. I do not know if these lights were left on or not, but if they were, that might have been enough light to navigate by. Especially if the intruder (if there was such a person) knew the house.

I'm coming around to a family member did it mentality finally, but I still believe that if there was an intruder it was a family friend who would have known the house. Intruder does not have to mean stranger. It only means someone other than the 4 Ramseys who were supposed to be in the house that night.

Arielle said:
Also, there were Christmas trees in every room in the house that had lights. I do not know if these lights were left on or not, but if they were, that might have been enough light to navigate by. Especially if the intruder (if there was such a person) knew the house.

I'm coming around to a family member did it mentality finally, but I still believe that if there was an intruder it was a family friend who would have known the house. Intruder does not have to mean stranger. It only means someone other than the 4 Ramseys who were supposed to be in the house that night.
That's funny, Arielle, because after all these years, I'm starting to come around to an intruder did it mentality!!
I do think, if it was an intruder, he/she/they were known, not only to JB, but the entire family. That comment about getting a special visit from Santa sticks out in my mind.

A friend of John Andrew could have a key. If the parents came down while he and JB were snacking, he could explain that John Andrew said he could stay. He may have had JB lead him to the basement under a pretense, with the ulterior motive of getting her farther from the main floors of the house...

Where I get stymied is the note coupled with the scream...
Seems to me that if JB screamed, whoever was hurting her would high tail it outta there!! Not take time to write/leave a note...

ARGH! Nothing about this case makes sense. Which takes me back to a family member, at least for the staging aspect.

The only person I can think of that the Rams would cover for is Grandpa Paugh.

Amen to that.

So many people could be made to fit the profile. Wish we'd find out something new, a "break in the case". Impossible dream, I know.

Yep, let's don't forget JBR telling her little friend Megan and Megan's mom that she'd been promised an extra Santa visit after Christmas. Also nobody ventured any guess as to why the neighbor would happen to look toward the house and notice a flashlight moving around? Was he the same one who noticed the usual outside light was not on that night? Maybe was turned off early by the person the across-the-street neighbor thought was JAR, right after the family left to go to the Whites' ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back