1300 users online (256 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Ki-Suck Han, 58, pushed in front of train, Queens, 3 Dec 2012

Police in New York City are searching for a suspect who hurled a man onto the subway track where a train struck and killed him.

Ki-Suck Han, 58, of Queens, N.Y., was thrown onto the tracks Monday afternoon just after 12:30 from a crowded train platform at the 49th Street and Seventh Avenue station in midtown Manhattan, according to police.

Witnesses told cops that Han tried to climb back on to the subway platform, but was hit by an oncoming train before he could scramble to safety as other bystanders watched in horror.

"I just heard people yelling. The train came to an abrupt stop about three-quarters into the station and that's when I heard a man was hit by a train," Patrick Gomez told ABC News affiliate WABC.

A freelance photographer for the New York Post was on the platform and said he ran towards the train flashing his camera hoping to alert the train to stop in time, but the train caught Han against the shoulder deep platform wall.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-sub...2#.UL36nGfsaso
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

This is just unthinkable.

How utterly horrible............

R.I.P. Ki-Suck Han

Makes you wonder if any of the screaming witnesses tried to pull the victim up as he was struggling to climb out.

Mr. Han surely does not look like a "big guy" so one would think 2-3 bystanders could have managed to pull him up.

I'm really upset by the people taking pics... it's gross.. one guy said he was trying to warn the train by using the flash on his camera... I doubt it.. he just happened to be a journalist.....

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    I'm really upset by the people taking pics... it's gross.. one guy said he was trying to warn the train by using the flash on his camera... I doubt it.. he just happened to be a journalist.....
    Yeah I think he said that so no one would accuse him of taking pictures instead of saving the victim.

I just seen this on our local news (here in Florida). There is video of the man and the victim prior to him pushing the victim on the tracks. The man who pushed the victim is telling the victim to, "leave him alone" and the victim just stands there. I wonder what had happened between these two men to make the victim stand there and not leave the man alone when he asked?

With that said, the man had no right to push the man onto the tracks. He had to know/see the train coming, right? Why didn't he just walk away when the victim would not leave him alone? If the victim continued to follow him, then get security!

The victim's name, appears to me to be Asian, so I wonder if there was a language barrier and this man had wronged the victim in some way? Did he take something of the victims? What made him stand there and not budge?

What a horrible case. Hope they find the man who pushed the victim fast and we get more answers soon.
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    BBM

Oh my gosh, me too. How disgusting. Like someone said above, why weren't they helping the man instead of snapping pictures. Ugh.

Has anyone seen the New York Post cover? I won't post it because I am highly offended by it but will give a link to a story about it and you can click on a link in the story to see the cover. If that had been a member of my family on those tracks, someone would have to physically keep me from beating the $*&# out of the person(s) who thought it was a good idea to print that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...m_hp_ref=media

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    BBM

Oh my gosh, me too. How disgusting. Like someone said above, why weren't they helping the man instead of snapping pictures. Ugh.

Has anyone seen the New York Post cover? I won't post it because I am highly offended by it but will give a link to a story about it and you can click on a link in the story to see the cover. If that had been a member of my family on those tracks, someone would have to physically keep me from beating the $*&# out of the person(s) who thought it was a good idea to print that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...m_hp_ref=media
    This article says the man who pushed the victim onto the tracks was "deranged."

What puzzles me is that the video I seen, the man who pushed the victim was standing with his back against a wall and he askes the victim to "leave me alone" numerous times. They are standing facing each other. My thought went immediately to mental illness, but the victim just stood there in front of the man and would not budge. He also did not say anything that I could hear? What happened that made the victim not want to budge? Please do not take this as me blaming the victim as I am not blaming him at all. It is all just very, very strange.

I am also very upset that no one stepped in. Both the men were older men and you're telling me that you could not step in and diffuse the situation until security could get there and let security hash out what was going on between the two men? Maybe the man took something of the victims and the victim wanted it back and that is why he would not budge and would not leave the man alone? Geesh!
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    This article says the man who pushed the victim onto the tracks was "deranged."
    The man who pushed him supposedly had an argument with his wife shortly before and people saw him mumbling to himself. Nice that they are already calling him "deranged", that will ensure a light sentence and he will probably be back out on the streets before too long.

The victim allegedly had a bottle of liquor on him when he was found (no clue how that survived the crash).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    The man who pushed him supposedly had an argument with his wife shortly before and people saw him mumbling to himself. Nice that they are already calling him "deranged", that will ensure a light sentence and he will probably be back out on the streets before too long.

The victim allegedly had a bottle of liquor on him when he was found (no clue how that survived the crash).
    Maybe the victim witnessed something between the man and his wife and he was protecting the woman from her husband? That would make sense why he was standing there and not budging when asked to be left alone?

I don't know how you would think he would get a lighter sentence based on what a newspaper article has written though?

I don't really have a problem with the victim having a bottle of alcohol on him as long as he wasn't heavily intoxicated and provoked this man by putting his hands on him, but the video I seen did not show anything like that. Just the man and the victim facing one another and the man asking the victim to leave him alone. The victim could have simply picked the bottle up on his way home.

From the video I did see, I did not see how close they were to the tracks, but I would assume they had to be pretty close as all claims are that the man pushed him into the tracks.

It's one of the stranger cases I have seen and I'll wait for more facts before I give my final opinion on the matter.
    Justice for Trayvon

The victim was the one who supposedly had an argument with his wife (while at home), not the alleged pusher. The victim left home after the argument. Wife tried to call him but he didn't respond. Wife of the victim was nowhere near the platform when it happened. Who knows if the alleged pusher even has a wife.
    Just my opinion

Journalist who took pics, says he will only speak to CNN if handsomely paid...

UGHHH just UGHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The victim was the one who supposedly had an argument with his wife (while at home), not the alleged pusher. The victim left home after the argument. Wife tried to call him but he didn't respond. Wife of the victim was nowhere near the platform when it happened. Who knows if the alleged pusher even has a wife.
    Thank you so much for clearing that up. I've only read one article and seen the video this morning from this case. It's still a very strange case and one I would like to know more about.
    Justice for Trayvon

A Doctor who was on the platform at the time Mr. Ki Suck Han was hurled onto the tracks said he was actually trying to help others. The other guy was bothering people. He told Mr. Ki Suck Han to wait in line and take the "R" Train.

More from Doctor and more about the awful photograph that POS took.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brave-man-k...ry?id=17873672

Photo of possible suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Ah! I saw that in a news video and apparently was confused. That makes more sense!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast