NY - Ki-Suck Han, 58, pushed in front of train, Queens, 3 Dec 2012

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Police in New York City are searching for a suspect who hurled a man onto the subway track where a train struck and killed him.

Ki-Suck Han, 58, of Queens, N.Y., was thrown onto the tracks Monday afternoon just after 12:30 from a crowded train platform at the 49th Street and Seventh Avenue station in midtown Manhattan, according to police.

Witnesses told cops that Han tried to climb back on to the subway platform, but was hit by an oncoming train before he could scramble to safety as other bystanders watched in horror.

"I just heard people yelling. The train came to an abrupt stop about three-quarters into the station and that's when I heard a man was hit by a train," Patrick Gomez told ABC News affiliate WABC.

A freelance photographer for the New York Post was on the platform and said he ran towards the train flashing his camera hoping to alert the train to stop in time, but the train caught Han against the shoulder deep platform wall.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-su...im-front-train/story?id=17873672#.UL36nGfsaso

This is just unthinkable.

How utterly horrible............

R.I.P. Ki-Suck Han

Makes you wonder if any of the screaming witnesses tried to pull the victim up as he was struggling to climb out.

Mr. Han surely does not look like a "big guy" so one would think 2-3 bystanders could have managed to pull him up.

I'm really upset by the people taking pics... it's gross.. one guy said he was trying to warn the train by using the flash on his camera... I doubt it.. he just happened to be a journalist.....

I'm really upset by the people taking pics... it's gross.. one guy said he was trying to warn the train by using the flash on his camera... I doubt it.. he just happened to be a journalist.....

Yeah I think he said that so no one would accuse him of taking pictures instead of saving the victim.

I just seen this on our local news (here in Florida). There is video of the man and the victim prior to him pushing the victim on the tracks. The man who pushed the victim is telling the victim to, "leave him alone" and the victim just stands there. I wonder what had happened between these two men to make the victim stand there and not leave the man alone when he asked?

With that said, the man had no right to push the man onto the tracks. He had to know/see the train coming, right? Why didn't he just walk away when the victim would not leave him alone? If the victim continued to follow him, then get security!

The victim's name, appears to me to be Asian, so I wonder if there was a language barrier and this man had wronged the victim in some way? Did he take something of the victims? What made him stand there and not budge?

What a horrible case. Hope they find the man who pushed the victim fast and we get more answers soon.

BBM

Oh my gosh, me too. How disgusting. Like someone said above, why weren't they helping the man instead of snapping pictures. Ugh.

Has anyone seen the New York Post cover? I won't post it because I am highly offended by it but will give a link to a story about it and you can click on a link in the story to see the cover. If that had been a member of my family on those tracks, someone would have to physically keep me from beating the $*&# out of the person(s) who thought it was a good idea to print that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/new-york-post-photo-subway_n_2237300.html?utm_hp_ref=media

BBM

Oh my gosh, me too. How disgusting. Like someone said above, why weren't they helping the man instead of snapping pictures. Ugh.

Has anyone seen the New York Post cover? I won't post it because I am highly offended by it but will give a link to a story about it and you can click on a link in the story to see the cover. If that had been a member of my family on those tracks, someone would have to physically keep me from beating the $*&# out of the person(s) who thought it was a good idea to print that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/new-york-post-photo-subway_n_2237300.html?utm_hp_ref=media

This article says the man who pushed the victim onto the tracks was "deranged."

What puzzles me is that the video I seen, the man who pushed the victim was standing with his back against a wall and he askes the victim to "leave me alone" numerous times. They are standing facing each other. My thought went immediately to mental illness, but the victim just stood there in front of the man and would not budge. He also did not say anything that I could hear? What happened that made the victim not want to budge? Please do not take this as me blaming the victim as I am not blaming him at all. It is all just very, very strange.

I am also very upset that no one stepped in. Both the men were older men and you're telling me that you could not step in and diffuse the situation until security could get there and let security hash out what was going on between the two men? Maybe the man took something of the victims and the victim wanted it back and that is why he would not budge and would not leave the man alone? Geesh!

The man who pushed him supposedly had an argument with his wife shortly before and people saw him mumbling to himself. Nice that they are already calling him "deranged", that will ensure a light sentence and he will probably be back out on the streets before too long.

The victim allegedly had a bottle of liquor on him when he was found (no clue how that survived the crash).

The man who pushed him supposedly had an argument with his wife shortly before and people saw him mumbling to himself. Nice that they are already calling him "deranged", that will ensure a light sentence and he will probably be back out on the streets before too long.

The victim allegedly had a bottle of liquor on him when he was found (no clue how that survived the crash).

Maybe the victim witnessed something between the man and his wife and he was protecting the woman from her husband? That would make sense why he was standing there and not budging when asked to be left alone?

I don't know how you would think he would get a lighter sentence based on what a newspaper article has written though?

I don't really have a problem with the victim having a bottle of alcohol on him as long as he wasn't heavily intoxicated and provoked this man by putting his hands on him, but the video I seen did not show anything like that. Just the man and the victim facing one another and the man asking the victim to leave him alone. The victim could have simply picked the bottle up on his way home.

From the video I did see, I did not see how close they were to the tracks, but I would assume they had to be pretty close as all claims are that the man pushed him into the tracks.

It's one of the stranger cases I have seen and I'll wait for more facts before I give my final opinion on the matter.

The victim was the one who supposedly had an argument with his wife (while at home), not the alleged pusher. The victim left home after the argument. Wife tried to call him but he didn't respond. Wife of the victim was nowhere near the platform when it happened. Who knows if the alleged pusher even has a wife.

Journalist who took pics, says he will only speak to CNN if handsomely paid...

UGHHH just UGHHHHH

The victim was the one who supposedly had an argument with his wife (while at home), not the alleged pusher. The victim left home after the argument. Wife tried to call him but he didn't respond. Wife of the victim was nowhere near the platform when it happened. Who knows if the alleged pusher even has a wife.

Thank you so much for clearing that up. I've only read one article and seen the video this morning from this case. It's still a very strange case and one I would like to know more about.

A Doctor who was on the platform at the time Mr. Ki Suck Han was hurled onto the tracks said he was actually trying to help others. The other guy was bothering people. He told Mr. Ki Suck Han to wait in line and take the "R" Train.

More from Doctor and more about the awful photograph that took.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/brave-man-killed-subway-train-protect/story?id=17873672

Photo of possible suspect.

Ah! I saw that in a news video and apparently was confused. That makes more sense!

What puzzles me is that the video I seen, the man who pushed the victim was standing with his back against a wall and he askes the victim to "leave me alone" numerous times. They are standing facing each other. My thought went immediately to mental illness, but the victim just stood there in front of the man and would not budge. He also did not say anything that I could hear? What happened that made the victim not want to budge? Please do not take this as me blaming the victim as I am not blaming him at all. It is all just very, very strange.

I am also very upset that no one stepped in. Both the men were older men and you're telling me that you could not step in and diffuse the situation until security could get there and let security hash out what was going on between the two men? Maybe the man took something of the victims and the victim wanted it back and that is why he would not budge and would not leave the man alone? Geesh!

Everybody is deranged. Everybody anymore. I count on it.

What I am thinking is well I know with myself if I leave the home mad at something or in an argument I'm more apt to think I'm well tough for lack of a better word. Of course this probably isn't the case of this poor man, but the Doctor said he was actually helping others. The guy was bothering people.

O.K. I have to be honest. If I saw that fight going on I know I would not step in. I don't live in NYC, but we have the El and our subways are rough. Call for help absolutely, but I was raised that I'd be the one gets tossed on the track if I butt in. I know I would want someone to help me. I do know that, but people are out of their minds out in this world.

This is one of my worse fears. I never, ever stand right up by the tracks. I move even to a different car if there's a fight or someone "deranged". I've even gotten off and waited for the next El.

Prayers for this poor man's family.

O.K. I have to be honest. If I saw that fight going on I know I would not step in. I don't live in NYC, but we have the El and our subways are rough. Call for help absolutely, but I was raised that I'd be the one gets tossed on the track if I butt in. I know I would want someone to help me. I do know that, but people are out of their minds out in this world.

I know I wouldn't have gotten involved in the fight.

Having said that if I saw some poor lightweight Asian guy scrambling to climb out of the track with a frantic terrified look on his face even I am pretty sure I would have done something (done something as gone over to help him and more importantly yelled at a couple of men to "get over here and help pull him up").

I couldn't pull 150-160 lbs of weight up that high but for a couple of average sized males it would be easy.

Not sure how fast all this happened but if photogs were able to take out the camera and snap pics while this poor guy was trying to climb up I am pretty sure it didn't happen all that fast.

I know I wouldn't have gotten involved in the fight.

Having said that if I saw some poor lightweight Asian guy scrambling to climb out of the track with a frantic terrified look on his face even I am pretty sure I would have done something (done something as gone over to help him and more importantly yelled at a couple of men to "get over here and help pull him up").

I couldn't pull 150-160 lbs of weight up that high but for a couple of average sized males it would be easy.

Not sure how fast all this happened but if photogs were able to take out the camera and snap pics while this poor guy was trying to climb up I am pretty sure it didn't happen all that fast.

This is true. I believe I would help try and pull someone up. Then again I am not sure. I think I'd be waiting for the person to come back and push more people on the track. Then again I went to the aid of an elderly woman during a purse snatching and shocked myself.

What an awful world.

It is odd they said there was a bottle of liquor. Asians don't have enzymes that process the booze well. So according to my drug/alcohol counselor friend. How did it not break?

RIP Mr. Ki Suck Han.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/n...way-push-is-in-custody.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0

The police took a suspect in the case into custody Tuesday afternoon at 50th Street and Seventh Avenue.......

Vendors who said they knew the man, whose name was not immediately released, said he ran errands and helped them haul their wares to storage for $5 a trip, and that he showed up on Tuesday with his head and beard shaved.

“I showed him The Post,” said Liz Willis, who runs a newsstand on the corner. “ ‘This looks like you.’ He said, ‘That’s not me.’ ” She saw a detective place handcuffs on him a short while later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back