Multiple Quotations

snorky

Reaction score
I have seen posts containing quotes from various posters all in one neat post. :confused:

Hi Snorky ~ yup you can do that.

Basically you just need

quote=thename in square brackets [ ]

the text you want to quote

followed by /quote in square brackets [ ]

cassie said:
gosh, I just love snorky
snorky said:
and I just love cass
poco said:
I love my drunk cat
you also can just put the word quote in [ ] and not even = a name

example

a rose by any other name
so try it!

[snorky]Gee Cass, thanks! I feel mentally challeged for some reason.[/quote]
Am I supposed to type an = before the name?

snorky said:
[snorky]Gee Cass, thanks! I feel mentally challeged for some reason.
Am I supposed to type an = before the name?[/QUOTE]
I need more instructions.....:confused:

snorky said:
I have seen posts containing quotes from various posters all in one neat post. :confused:
I'll help you with this.

It's not that hard to do.

As an aside here, I have in my User CP panel under the Options link at the bottom of that page selected "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" I like this feature the best, because you can see in the posting box, exactly what your text is going to look like when you choose colors or itallic or bold.

But back to your question, about posts containing quotes from various posters.

You can always put a second quote in, by surrounding copied text with the "quote commands." It's that simple. You can either type out the command yourself, or hit the quote link just above the posting box, before you copy and paste your copied text, and after.

First lets go over how you do commands in general, when you type them out yourself. All commands (bold, color, itallic, SIZE, font) when you do them yourself, have a start command at the beginning of the text, and have and a closing command at the end of the text. They are always surrounded by these square brackets [command], but to SHOW you here, I will use these brackets {command} so you can see how it's supposed to look.

To do this bolding right here, here is how it would look if you type it out yourself:

{b}To do this bolding right here,{/b}

Do you see that? there is a B surrounded by brackets at the beginning, (which tells the system the BOLDING starts) and then at the end, there is a "/" and a B again. The "/" is what tells the system that the command "B" (for bolding) is to end.

Now, lets do a quote. To do this:

You type this:

{quote}I have seen posts containing quotes from various posters all in one neat post. :confused:{/quote}

Now, to ADD the individuals name, like this:

snorky said:
You would type this:

{QUOTE=snorky}I have seen posts containing quotes from various posters all in one neat post. :confused:{/QUOTE}

Do you see that? Right after the word "quote" you add a "=" and the poster's hat name, and then the closing bracket.

Now, there is another way you can do quotes, and that's by using the quote command above the posting box. It's the very last command on the right in the bottom row of commands. You would click on the icon to start the quote, copy in the text, and then click on the icon once you are finished copying the text.

I hope this little primer helped you. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I love Cass....I love Snorky.......very cute!
105.gif

Cass, next time someone needs an example will you put "I love Jovin..she makes me laugh...Jovin is the ex-Smiley Queen...." ???

mutley-ani1.gif

Casshew said:
Sure Jovin! I will watch for an opportunity!
This is testing a multiple-quote post, so I am using the ones from this thread...:crazy:
Now, there is another way you can do quotes, and that's by using the quote command above the posting box. It's the very last command on the right in the bottom row of commands. You would click on the icon to start the quote, copy in the text, and then click on the icon once you are finished copying the text.
Hey, I've never gotten two quotes in one post before... I'm on a roll... I missed the quote option, I've only done it by a direct reply to that particular post.

Jovin said:
Cass, next time someone needs an example will you put "I love Jovin..she makes me laugh...Jovin is the ex-Smiley Queen...." ???

mutley-ani1.gif
Jovin said:
I love Cass....I love Snorky.......very cute!
105.gif

I did it!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Just Testing.
actually since this thread was started there has been an upgrade to vbulletin that includes a much faster way to do multiple quotes.

at the bottom right of each post there is a series of icons. One of them is a quotation mark. if you click thatquotation mark icon on each post you want to quote in your post, it will turn red and be included in your post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back