706 users online (100 members and 606 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28,606

    GA - Linda Hunnicutt, 65, shot to death at Macon gas station, 4 Dec 2012

    Georgia Town Stunned After Woman Killed at Gas Station (AP)
    A chance encounter at a Georgia gas station has left a 65-year-old woman dead and a 73-year-old man facing a murder charge after authorities say the woman's car and his motorized wheelchair bumped into each other and he opened fire.

    Police said 65-year-old Linda Hunnicutt had just pulled into the Macon gas station shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday and stepped out of her Buick Lucerne when the man pulled a gun and shot her. Hunnicutt had driven onto the gas pump bay when her vehicle and the wheelchair made contact.

    Hunnicutt was shot once in the chest with a 38-caliber handgun.
    ---
    a bit more at the link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,692
    this is what frightens me and why I will never reside or travel in either GA or FL.

    I was informed on the Jordan Davis thread that in those two states it is perfectly legal to carry a firearm if you are of legal age and not a felon, no registration, nothing.

    This coupled with SYG type laws makes me feel very much as if a wild wild west mentality has been allowed to take over the thought processes of some residents there.

    That makes FL and GA two states I will not be visiting anytime soon. Sad really because I have family in GA.

    Websleuths now on Facebook


    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175

    Macon, GA -- Elderly Man in Wheelchair Shoots/Kills Woman at Gas Station

    This story hits close to home for me. A friend of mine called me this evening to tell me that yesterday as she was driving home she saw a slew of cop cars pass her and then saw the victim receiving CPR in the gas station parking lot.

    We (friend and I) have met at that gas station a few times when we were taking our dogs on trips to local parks or cemeteries. Turns out the victim is a neighbor of her father in law. She was rather shook up over it. Macon has a VERY high crime rate but our county, Jones County, has a very low crime rate so this is a big deal here.

    Reminds me that things will change here and I will need to move.

    The elderly wheel chair bound man was charged with "felony murder". Seeing as how it isn't a felony to drive a wheel chair around we suspect maybe he is a convicted felon that was not allowed to own a gun?

    The victim, Linda Hunnicutt, 65, of Jones County, was at the Murphy Express on Gray Highway about 1:15 p.m. when Reeves’ motorized wheelchair hit her car, Macon police said in a statement Tuesday.

    Hunnicutt got out of her Buick Lucerne and had words with the 73-year-old Reeves. When she did, Reeves “displayed a gun,” then shot her in the chest, police said.

    Officers that rushed to the scene performed CPR on Hunnicutt. She was taken to The Medical Center of Central Georgia, where she was pronounced dead about 1:45 p.m.

    Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/12/05/2274...#storylink=cpy (just close the annoying popup "paid viewers only" window to read the story)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28,606
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    this is what frightens me and why I will never reside or travel in either GA or FL.

    I was informed on the Jordan Davis thread that in those two states it is perfectly legal to carry a firearm if you are of legal age and not a felon, no registration, nothing.

    This coupled with SYG type laws makes me feel very much as if a wild wild west mentality has been allowed to take over the thought processes of some residents there.

    That makes FL and GA two states I will not be visiting anytime soon. Sad really because I have family in GA.
    Tlox this story was local to me. In fact I have been to that gas station a few times and a good friend told me about the incident tonight. She saw the victim receiving CPR and it turns out the victim is a neighbor of her father in law.

    It is NOT NORMAL in our county (and it was a Jones County woman though it happened just over the Bibb County line, Bibb County is a cesspool). Far from it. We have a VERY VERY low crime rate in Jones County. Sheesh when some guy stole a $20 bill out of a store register it made the front page of the local newspaper with his photo displayed as "Wanted!".

    The nearby city is very very crime ridden and that element is slowly but surely creeping into this area. This is upsetting. People don't feel the need to lock their vehicles around here when shopping, people do NOT watch their backs, there is no "loud music blaring" in parking lots. We don't have to "tolerate" loud music or other behaviors because no one acts like that here. Do most have guns in the vehicle? Heck yeah but nobody is shooting each other or being rude.

    Sheesh we don't even have road rage (except maybe the odd outsider) because if you get annoyed with another driver on the highway and let it show you will end up in seeing that driver in the same grocery store parking lot 5 minutes later. People cooperate with each other here, people act CIVILIZED here because there is a sense of community and mutually respected standards.

    Oh and no it is NOT legal to carry a conceiled firearm without a permit. It IS legal to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle. This shooter was charged with "felony murder" which makes us suspect he was perhaps a felon that was banned from owning any sort of firearm.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 12-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Thanks wfgodot. I didn't even look to see if the story was listed cause I figured it was only a local thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    BTW I am hearing the wheelchair hit the car after she was stopped, not the other way around. Why does the headline say the car bumps into wheelchair?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In my treehouse
    Posts
    12,891
    JMO~ People who legally have permits to carry guns are not the ones anyone should be worried about. ANYONE can have a gun... period. People that register their weapons are doing what they can to respect the law... Yet still be able to protect innocent people LEGALLY before authorities can respond...
    link to follow.
    http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1486325/posts
    I knew Kimberly Boyd and her husband... had this passerby not killed the perp
    who else would. have died ? He had already raped and robbed other women in our area. Thank. God LE had sent out fliers to our homes warning us there was evil in our midst !
    Again. JMO...
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 12-05-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    ~ my opinion only

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6
    Usually just a lurker, not a poster, but the second post on here got my dander up with their inflammatory post about my state, Georgia. I am FROM Illinois, and you couldn't get me to live THERE again for anything! Liberal buffoons run that state, and the crazies in Chicago are the reason the state is bankrupt! They have a gun ban, and yet there are shootings nightly, with deaths the same frequency! Obviously the gun is not the problem!! To make blanket statements about the state of Georgia is ignorant. Florida has a lot of 'transients' who come there for the climate and stay for the no income tax benefit. This shooting was dispicable and uncalled for, and this miscreant will never see freedom again. He showed no remorse at the scene, nor later at his arraignment. I hope he gets his and then some in the big house...I don't care how old he is.
    Last edited by nascargal; 12-05-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Great Swamp
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    this is what frightens me and why I will never reside or travel in either GA or FL.

    I was informed on the Jordan Davis thread that in those two states it is perfectly legal to carry a firearm if you are of legal age and not a felon, no registration, nothing.

    This coupled with SYG type laws makes me feel very much as if a wild wild west mentality has been allowed to take over the thought processes of some residents there.

    That makes FL and GA two states I will not be visiting anytime soon. Sad really because I have family in GA.
    Really sad.. but at least there is not a gang war scanner thread in either of those states. .Just sayin... IMO
    JMO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,692
    I appreciate your point of veiw, thank you. I am sorry that my expressing my discontent with certain laws so offended you. In rereading it, I didn't intend it to be a blanket statement about all of Georgia's citizenry, but my great concern about gun laws in GA and FL.

    I am sorry you took it as such.

    Websleuths now on Facebook


    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,692
    For the record, although I was born raised and always lived here, I have never indicated I think IL is superior or wonderful. It is simply the devil I know.

    Websleuths now on Facebook


    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6
    I would rather live in a state with a conceal carry law than live in a state where only the ****s can have them. My dad lives in the suburbs of Chicago and has two guns, locked and loaded, and ready to defend himself against these mobs of crazy fiends if they dare to break into his home. This shooting in Macon, Ga. is just what goes on daily in Chicago, ten fold. It is the culture of welfare and government dependency, and envy. It is perpetuated in the community by 'activists'. Instead of going to church and the Y, kids are walking the streets, and joining gangs. A gun to them suggests manhood and masculinity, when in fact, it shows cowardice. It isn't just GA and FLA where this goes on. Any urban area is ripe with this stuff.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by nascargal View Post
    Usually just a lurker, not a poster, but the second post on here got my dander up with their inflammatory post about my state, Georgia. I am FROM Illinois, and you couldn't get me to live THERE again for anything! Liberal buffoons run that state, and the crazies in Chicago are the reason the state is bankrupt! They have a gun ban, and yet there are shootings nightly, with deaths the same frequency! Obviously the gun is not the problem!! To make blanket statements about the state of Georgia is ignorant. Florida has a lot of 'transients' who come there for the climate and stay for the no income tax benefit. This shooting was dispicable and uncalled for, and this miscreant will never see freedom again. He showed no remorse at the scene, nor later at his arraignment. I hope he gets his and then some in the big house...I don't care how old he is.
    Amen! I am also a transplant (California -- gun laws are almost as bad there) and while I will never have a true Southern Drawl I am proud to live in the Great State of Georgia and likewise I do not appreciate anyone bashing Georgia or the South.

    I like the state, I like the values, I love the gun laws.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,692
    Quote Originally Posted by nascargal View Post
    I would rather live in a state with a conceal carry law than live in a state where only the ****s can have them. My dad lives in the suburbs of Chicago and has two guns, locked and loaded, and ready to defend himself against these mobs of crazy fiends if they dare to break into his home. This shooting in Macon, Ga. is just what goes on daily in Chicago, ten fold. It is the culture of welfare and government dependency, and envy. It is perpetuated in the community by 'activists'. Instead of going to church and the Y, kids are walking the streets, and joining gangs. A gun to them suggests manhood and masculinity, when in fact, it shows cowardice. It isn't just GA and FLA where this goes on. Any urban area is ripe with this stuff.
    I agree with the bolded portion. I just feel strongly that there should be some bare minimum requirements to responsible gun ownership. I realize ****s will still have guns, they are law breakers. But I have conerns about the law abiders and how their carrying weapons around freely without any sort of means for LE to try to solve crimes if they lose that investigative tool.

    Not to mention the fact it icreases the odds of an incident escalating to a shooting. Simply my own opinion.

    Websleuths now on Facebook


    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY SD - Dalton Williams, 16, shot to death, Pierre, 18 Dec 2012
    By Jacie Estes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM
  2. GUILTY TX - Linda Crowe, 47, shot to death, Belton, 3 July 1994
    By Sporky in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2015, 02:07 AM
  3. GUILTY VT - Linda Lambesis, 57, & Alicia Shanks, 56, shot to death, Essex, 24 Aug 2006
    By dark_shadows in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 01:43 AM
  4. GUILTY MO - Dr. Irina Puscariu, 46, shot to death, Gladstone, 13 Jan 2012
    By Blondie in Spokane in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 07:14 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Tags for this Thread