What is a Google Spider?

Sherlock

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi, I was searching the "who's online", and it lists all the members' names, then it lists "guests". However, after guests and mixed in is listed "google spiders".

Can someone tell me what in the heck a google spider is? And why they are listed as a spider and not a guest.

Sherlock

That is the googlebot - it caches pages on websites so when you do a google search you get hits on that site.

Its basically gathering info so people can find websleuths when they search keywords on google.. cool huh?

Casshew said:
That is the googlebot - it caches pages on websites so when you do a google search you get hits on that site.

Its basically gathering info so people can find websleuths when they search keywords on google.. cool huh?

kewl! :)

Sherlock

Sherlock was this today? I have ben worried google hadnt been around lately.

tybee204 said:
Sherlock was this today? I have ben worried google hadnt been around lately.

Yes today. In fact it is still listing a lot of spiders.

Sherlock

Google Spider Viewing Forum
Laci Peterson

that was @ 1:17 my time...so about 10 minutes ago

OK Cool, that solved my latest delimma of not knowing how to fix something

When Paul and I started our forum I was noticing these weird IP #'s going through every forum for hours and it freaked me out so I banned them LOL

Then I found out later is was google bots :doh: so I let them back in :blushing:

Casshew said:
When Paul and I started our forum I was noticing these weird IP #'s going through every forum for hours and it freaked me out so I banned them LOL

Then I found out later is was google bots :doh: so I let them back in :blushing:

What type of forum do you and Paul have?

Sherlock

Sherlock said:
Hi, I was searching the "who's online", and it lists all the members' names, then it lists "guests". However, after guests and mixed in is listed "google spiders".

Can someone tell me what in the heck a google spider is? And why they are listed as a spider and not a guest.

Sherlock

I really don't know what a Google Spider is but THERE'S A COUPLE OF THEM NOW!!!!!!!
4.gif

Doesn't it make you want to reach for a big thick magazine to whack them with?
1ouj49

No it makes me want to throw my monitor out the window on the front lawn. :crazy:

Casshew said:
No it makes me want to throw my monitor out the window on the front lawn. :crazy:

From what I hear, you can spare one for sure! Hey, send it MY way! I don't mind a castoff from you, and with any luck, it might have some of your great siggie pics and such on it!

1oulp5

No way Jovin, they are all needed LOL no casts off here my friend.

Heres another google spider for ya

spider.gif

Casshew said:
It's for one of our businesses - we sell wavemaking systems for saltwater aquariums - www.oceansmotions.com/forum (it's not fun or exciting) LOL
Hey Cass , Makes me think of my favorite DVD"Finding Nemo!"That was fun & exciting with Ellen Degeneres :cool:

Hi schmerty! I love finding nemo... we have clownfish named marlin & nemo and a blue tang named Dory :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back