Identified! NY - Jamaica Bay, remains found on island, Dec'12 - Name withheld

Skeletal remains of what appeared to be a teen girl were discovered on an uninhabited island in Jamaica Bay, authorities said.

A boater passing Canarsie Pol at about 4:45 p.m. Tuesday spotted the bones and alerted police, sources said.

Near the remains, cops found the ID of a high-school girl who went missing last year, sources said.

The Medical Examiner’s Office is working to identify the remains.
It wasn’t immediately clear whether the body had suffered physical trauma.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jamaica_bay_skeleton_find_wB8f3VizKicxB3VAB1zu7N

These girls are missing from Staten Island, which is close. Would the water have been able to drift a body from there to where it was found?
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1186872&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1166756&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I'm sure it could float a body...but not bones. But what I wonder about is the ID. If the body were initially clothed, the ID could've been in a pocket of a shirt or pants...but unless it was with the body, and the body entire floated over, then I'd say that it's probably more likely the body was dumped there, along with the ID.

Horrible discovery...I hope she's at peace.

Best-
Herding Cats

It's 4 days since they found the remains, there was ID by the body so WHY no news on her identity ???

Anyone found any news on this case?

It's 4 days since they found the remains, there was ID by the body so WHY no news on her identity ???

Anyone found any news on this case?

If they couldn't find dental records for the missing person they would have to wait for DNA to confirm and it may take some time. They also may not want to make the ID public before they've been able to contact the family.

STILL no news or ID on the skeleton remains of a teenage girl with ID found beside the remains !

Any Brooklyn etc locals who knows somthing?

Bumping this thread in hope somone have new information on this dead teengegirl !?

I mean WHY no info from police? It's nee over 2 weeks now!

They found ID beside her remains.

I have no 18-year-old females missing from NY (or neighboring states) in 2010 or early 2011 on my list.

The only listed 18 year old females missing from the east coast between Jan 2010 and Jun 2011 are from Washington DC and North Carolina.

I have no 18-year-old females missing from NY (or neighboring states) in 2010 or early 2011 on my list.

The only listed 18 year old females missing from the east coast between Jan 2010 and Jun 2011 are from Washington DC and North Carolina.

The link lisser provided up thread lists several in NY

I'm confused. She was identified, so who is she??

I'm confused. She was identified, so who is she??

I sure would like to know too!

MY Long Island Serial Killer POI is originally from Canarsie and so was his x-wife Kim Raffo who was one of the 4 murder victims in the October-November 2006 Atlantic serial killer case.
My POI and his x-wife visited Long Island in Sept-Oct 2006 just weeks before she was murdered.
Both my POI and his x-wife also have close ties to LI.
And when Kim Raffo, in oct 2006, left LI to go back to AC my POI followed her to AC the day after she left LI.

Maybe somone NY local could contact LE and and ask for the identity of the 18-year old girl whos remains where found on the Canarsie island in Jamaica bay, we know she had been missing for 2 years?I would like to know whtere this young woman had any ties to prostitution?

AND...I wonder WHY they haven't released WHO she was???

I sure would like to know too!

MY Long Island Serial Killer POI is originally from Canarsie and so was his x-wife Kim Raffo who was one of the 4 murder victims in the October-November 2006 Atlantic serial killer case.
My POI and his x-wife visited Long Island in Sept-Oct 2006 just weeks before she was murdered.
Both my POI and his x-wife also have close ties to LI.
And when Kim Raffo, in oct 2006, left LI to go back to AC my POI followed her to AC the day after she left LI.

Maybe somone NY local could contact LE and and ask for the identity of the 18-year old girl whos remains where found on the Canarsie island in Jamaica bay, we know she had been missing for 2 years?
I would like to know whtere this young woman had any ties to prostitution?

AND...I wonder WHY they haven't released WHO she was???

I wonder if she was in Namus? Did I read somewhere she was a high school student? I wonder how often it happens that the identity is not released? As always, I seem to just have more questions.

Maybe the family asked that her name not be released?

I'm puzzled though - she'd been missing 2 years but the earlier story says the ID was of someone who went missing last year, so were they not connected? Or was it just sloppy wording?

Maybe the family asked that her name not be released?

I'm puzzled though - she'd been missing 2 years but the earlier story says the ID was of someone who went missing last year, so were they not connected? Or was it just sloppy wording?

If she went missing early last year (Jan-Feb 2011 or so) it would be nearly two years ago, close enough to be rounded off?

For those of you who are checking NamUs trying to find out who this girl might be, I noticed that Caroline Starkman is still listed as missing. She isn't missing anymore, so you can ignore her entry.

I've contacted NamUs and asked them to remove Caroline's name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back