1211 users online (239 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

Teen girl tied up and scalped

The Associated Press
    Published on: 02/08/05
    BOISE, Idaho A 16-year-old girl was allegedly tied up and scalped by a woman in what police said may have been an act of revenge.

Police searched for Marianne Dahle, 26, who disappeared after the Jan. 18 attack at Kirkham Hot Springs, about 70 miles from Boise.

The girl, whose name was not released, is recovering at home. Police said doctors could not reattach her scalp, which was found near one of the hot springs.

"When I say this gal was scalped, she was truly scalped," said Chief Deputy Bill Braddock. "The top of her head, her hair, was completely cut off."

Braddock said the victim and Dahle were longtime acquaintances and hung out with a punk clique. He said the attack may have been motivated by revenge, but he would not elaborate.

The hot springs in the Boise National Forest are popular with campers and hikers but can be nearly deserted in the winter.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Eeewww!
    I'm so glad to hear that she wasn't murdered--but
    oh my word! I sure, sure hope there is
    some sort of plastic surgery available to help
    her.

WTF????? Is the entire world taking crazy pills?????

Wtf?

This poor girl! I swear I am starting to get afraid to leave me house or let me daughter out of my site!!!!
    Misty

From the Newsday article

"The motive, as near as we've been told by witnesses, was retaliation for acting in a way that the adult perceived as being offensive to women as a gender," Braddock said. "According to their creed, if you disrespect women you are not allowed to wear a mohawk."

Huh?
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

As regulars on here know I am a long time "punk'" (I had a mowhawk for 12+ years!! ) and I am 100% honest when I tell you that is BULLSH#T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A HAIRSTYLE!!!!!! It goes along with a fashion sense and music but there is NO political/femenist whatever "rules" with it!!! Yes some punks are wayyyyyy "Left" and political but it really is an individual thing. This woman to be 26 and hanging out with 16 year old has some MAJOR issues!!!!!!!!!!! Theres guys and girls w/ 'hawks who are straight edge (no drugs/drinking or sex),some who are addicts,some who are republicians,some who are commies etc etc etc................whoever this freak was she doesnt know jack about anything and deserves whatever she gets.
    My prayers are with this poor girl and her family and I cant wait until this lunatic is caught-SHAME ON HER!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! She not only coulda killed this little girl *but* she also further sullied the name of this subculture!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    As regulars on here know I am a long time "punk'" (I had a mowhawk for 12+ years!! ) and I am 100% honest when I tell you that is BULLSH#T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A HAIRSTYLE!!!!!! It goes along with a fashion sense and music but there is NO political/femenist whatever "rules" with it!!! Yes some punks are wayyyyyy "Left" and political but it really is an individual thing. This woman to be 26 and hanging out with 16 year old has some MAJOR issues!!!!!!!!!!! Theres guys and girls w/ 'hawks who are straight edge (no drugs/drinking or sex),some who are addicts,some who are republicians,some who are commies etc etc etc................whoever this freak was she doesnt know jack about anything and deserves whatever she gets.
    My prayers are with this poor girl and her family and I cant wait until this lunatic is caught-SHAME ON HER!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! She not only coulda killed this little girl *but* she also further sullied the name of this subculture!!!
    This sounds more like a "gang" than a "clique". There are also some very strange and unusual gangs in Idaho...White supremacist skinheads come immediately to mind, and they are not "punk" in the usual music/fashion sense, they are RACIST and very seriously HATEFUL in the most extreme sense of the word. I grew up in Idaho...so don't anyone jump all over me for making "generalizations"...I know what I am talking about.

Messie...I have an idea that the media are just calling them "punk" because there were mohawks involved, not because they really know the ideology of the gang.... or their musical/fashion tastes etc. I also doubt that this is the real reason for the scalping...there were probably some kind of drugs involved to have this kind of violence.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Dahle Surrendered:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...scalping_x.htm

Edited to add another link (with link a link to slideshow pics in the article):

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4181183/detail.html
    Last edited by ariel7; 02-09-2005 at 05:41 PM. Reason: to add another link

A Caldwell woman who faces a possible prison term for a January scalping incident suffers from bipolar disorder and exhibits psychotic behavior when she is not taking her medications, medical experts said Friday.

Marianne Dahle, 26, will find out Oct. 14 if she will have to go to prison for scalping a 15-year-old girl at Kirkham Hot Springs. Three medical professionals, including a psychiatrist who treated Dahle before the incident, testified at a sentencing hearing Friday that Dahle's mental health problems were made worse at the time of the scalping because she wasn't taking medication but was abusing alcohol and drugs.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/p...WS01/509100322
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This is really sick!!!!