GUILTY Australia - DI Bryson Anderson, 45, killed in Sydney standoff, Dec 2012

Public_Hysteria

Rest in peace, Adrienne
Reaction score
Police office killed in axe attack

"A 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman were arrested at the scene and taken to Windsor Police Station where they are assisting investigators with their inquiries.

A critical incident investigation team, led by State Crime Command's Homicide Squad, will investigate the full circumstances surrounding the officer's death, with a report to be prepared for the coroner."

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-officer-killed-in-axe-attack-in-western-sydney/story-fndo4bst-1226531502338

"Arriving at the scene Insp. Anderson was allegedly struck with an axe and collapsed unconscious. He suffered serious head wounds and was taken to hospital."

Absolutely disgusting. The person that did this needs to be locked up and never let out to walk our streets again. I get so angry when our LEOs are injured or killed in the line of duty; I have the utmost respect for those that are willing to put their lives on the line to keep the rest of us safe.

Rest in peace, Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson. Thank you for your service. May your friends and family find peace.

An axe? Who hits a police officer with an axe?

RIP Detective Bryson Anderson. Your service has not been in vain.

Prayers for his family.

My poor kids getting them ready for school today....I was crying watching the tv......my brother is 45 and also a police inspector in Brisbane.....Mark (brother) has been in the police force since he was 19, he has alot of police friends that he started with and they are all about the 45 age now, I saw them all grow up and heard about the situations and the amount of carp they have seen.....and I can honestly say that they are all really really good blokes, most of them joined to be on the "good" side. This guy was one of them........

NSW police honour slain officer Bryson Anderson

September 14, 2013

Det Insp Anderson's widow, Donna Anderson, appeared emotional as she handed Mr Scipione a handwritten tribute to her husband that he will carry to Canberra on his motorcycle in a hollow, ceremonial police baton.

Hundreds of police officers gathered at the Domain on Saturday morning to pay their respects to their fallen colleague ahead of the force's annual charity motorcycle ride to Canberra.

The 45-year-old father of three was fatally knifed last year while trying to calm a neighbourhood dispute over a bird cage in Oakville, in Sydney's northwest.

Up to 1500 riders are taking part in the Wall to Wall: Ride for Remembrance, which commemorates fallen Australian police and raises funds in support of their families.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-polic...on-anderson-20130914-2tr78.html#ixzz2fOcD5ix7

Looks like they will be back in court on the 3rd of October.
http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

This is what they are accused of doing.

Mrs Barbieri allegedly swung at officers with a mallet and her son allegedly lunged out from the back door with a knife, fatally stabbing Inspector Anderson in the neck.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bad-blood-over-birds-turned-to-tragedy-20121208-2b28r.html#ixzz2fOXXmdFH

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/07/11/32/pair-plead-not-guilty-to-policeman-murder

A mother and son accused of murdering Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson during a neighbourhood dispute in Sydney's northwest have pleaded not guilty.

Det Insp Anderson was fatally stabbed as he tried to resolve the dispute at Oakville on December 6, 2012.

The crown has previously alleged Mitchell Barbieri inflicted the fatal wound while Fiona Barbieri was part of a joint criminal enterprise.

Appearing at the Supreme Court on Friday, both entered pleas of not guilty for the murder.

Mitchell Barbieri, 20, also pleaded not guilty to a number of other offences, including using a bow and arrow on the day of Det Insp Anderson's death and to resisting the arrest of himself and his mother.

Meanwhile Fiona Barbieri, 46, also pleaded not guilty to a number of offences, including threatening to use a baseball bat on December 6, 2012.

Not guilty? Good luck with that... :facepalm:

From your link -

If the pair are convicted, they face mandatory life sentences under laws introduced in 2011.

Definitely the penalty they both deserve.

From sleepinoz link above, they don't go to trial until November.

fwiw,
fran

http://www.smh.com.au/national/kill...-pleads-guilty-to-murder-20141105-11h3v1.html

Killer of NSW Police inspector Bryson Anderson pleads guilty to murder

A Sydney man has pleaded guilty on what was to be the first day of his Supreme Court trial to murdering decorated NSW police officer Bryson Anderson.

The man's mother has pleaded guilty to manslaughter over the crime, and this has been accepted by prosecutors.

Mitchell Barbieri, 21, and his mother, Fiona Barbieri, 47 admitted to their crimes on Wednesday in a courtroom packed with the officer's family and his former police mates

Mitchell Barbieri now faces life in jail, as a life sentence is mandatory in cases where a police officer is murdered in the course of his or her duty.

Mitchell Barbieri pleads guilty to the murder of policeman Bryson Anderson
By Paul Bibby, SMH Nov. 5, 2014, noon

Both mother and son had originally been charged with murder over the crime.

But the court heard on Wednesday that the Crown accepted the plea of manslaughter for Fiona Barbieri on the grounds that she had been suffering "a substantial impairment brought about by an abnormality of mind".

http://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au...y-to-the-murder-of-policeman-bryson-anderson/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@M_Taverniti: Crown NOT seeking mandatory life sentence for Mitchell Barbieri. Sentence hearing set for later this month. @NewsTalk2UE
22 mins ago

@M_Taverniti: Court hears Fiona Barbieri has paranoid schizophrenia and son shared some symptoms in so-called 'transferred delusional disorder'. #2UE
3 hrs ago

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/mother-and-son-sentenced-over-police-officer-murder/

A Sydney man and his mother who admitted to killing Sydney police officer Bryson Anderson have been sentenced to 35 years and 10 years.

Detective Inspector Bryson Anderson, 45, was stabbed twice during a siege at a property in north-west Sydney in December 2012.

I'm doing a happy dance.
At last our courts are dishing out some fair sentences.
Also to day Mahayo received life, 31 years before he can try for parole. He murdered his 2 little girls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 9
Oh FFS!

Killer of policeman Bryson Anderson gets sentence reduced
Updated Mon Dec 12 10:20:16 EST 2016
Posted Mon Dec 12 10:04:28 EST 2016

'The killer of Sydney police officer Bryson Anderson has succeeded in having his sentence reduced on appeal, from a minimum 26 years to 15 years.

Mitchell Barbieri was originally handed a minimum 26-year sentence for the stabbing murder of the veteran officer during a stand-off at his mother's property at Oakville in Sydney's north-west four years ago.

But the Court of Criminal Appeal today quashed the sentence, instead imposing a minimum 15-year term.

Members of the Detective Inspector's family were in court for the decision.'

RELATED:

Bryson Anderson: Policeman's killers Mitchell and Fiona Barbieri sentenced to jail

Bryson Anderson murder: NSW cop killer Mitchell Barbieri gets sentence reduced; police to appeal
Updated Mon Dec 12 14:09:30 EST 2016
Posted Mon Dec 12 10:04:28 EST 2016

'NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has said he intends to appeal the decision to reduce Mitchell Barbieri's sentence for the murder of police officer Bryson Anderson.'

'Commissioner Scipione said he had already made contact with the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) to seek leave to appeal to the High Court over the matter.

He said he had also spoken with Attorney-General Gabrielle Upton and Police Minister Troy Grant.

"The Attorney [General] and the Minister have indicated that I have their full support in pursuing this with the Director [of Public Prosecutions]," Commissioner Scipione said.

"At this stage I propose to do that as soon as possible — my offices are writing to the director as we speak on the basis of making sure that we get this appeal dealt with as quickly as possible.

"Today has not been a good day for the NSW police force the police family are hurting, but none more so than the family of Bryson.

"The death of Bryson Anderson was probably the hardest matter I've had to deal with in my almost 10 years as a commissioner, this is a hard day."

The Attorney-General said in a statement that an appeal to the High Court was a possibility, and the DPP was reviewing the matter.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back